Watch: Tesla Model 3 Goes Airborne, Crashes Through Front Entrance Of Columbus Convention Center
May 13, 2022 7:57 pm
Tags: airborne,, center, convention, crashes, entrance, front, goes, joshwho, Media, model, News, of columbus, tesla, through, watch, ZeroHedge
Categories: JoshWho News news media US News ZeroHedge
A Tesla Model 3 made a dramatic entrance when it crashed through the glass exterior of the Greater Columbus Convention Center, located in downtown Colombus, Ohio, at a high rate of speed that caused $350k worth of damage, according to local news The Columbus Dispatch.
Columbus police received a call around 1230 on Wednesday, May 4, about a Model 3 exceeding 70 mph and plowed into a barrier before going airborne — crashing through the center’s entrance.
The police report said a 63-year-old driver “lost control of his brakes and was unable to stop.”
This week, the Dispatch released new security footage of the accident. The video is shocking, and miraculously nobody was injured except for the driver.
The convention center estimated the crash caused $350k in damage, including the entire front entrance, sprinkler system, power lines, carpeting, drywall, and wall coverings that need to be replaced.
Ladbible notes the NTSB Office of Highway Safety in Washington, D.C. said they aren’t investigating the crash.
“The NTSB has decided not to pursue an investigation of this crash.
“Tesla checked their system, and they did not receive any telematics data from this crash.
“The vehicle ECM would likely have retained the data.
“We are interested in any vehicle that is operating under some sort of autonomous mode or utilizing an autopilot feature.
“Presumably, the vehicle still has the electronic data recorder, so if we wanted to get that data, we could, if we had decided to investigate it,” said Thomas Barth, the agency’s special investigations chief.
According to police, the driver was charged with failure to control the vehicle, and there was no mention in the crash report if Autopilot was engaged.
Last month, a Tesla Model 3 was driving down a stretch of California highway when the car’s computer allegedly froze. The car’s accelerator was unresponsive and stuck cruising at 83 mph. The driver managed to slow the vehicle down with brakes.
The NTSB has investigated numerous accidents involving Tesla vehicles over the years, especially ones on Autopilot.
- Saudi Arabia Signals Backing For Russia In OPEC+ May 24, 2022
- What Weapons Are Banned Or Restricted In War? May 24, 2022
- “It’s Going To Get Truly Horrific”: Gas, Electricity Bills In Europe Could Jump To 4.5% Of Disposable Income In 2023 May 24, 2022
- US Navy Sailors Deserting At “Staggering” Rate Amid Mental Health Crisis May 23, 2022
- Immigration Disappears From Kamala Harris’ Public Schedule May 23, 2022
- “It’s Sick”: Polish PM Says Norway Should Share “Gigantic” Oil & Gas Profits May 23, 2022
- What It Means That ‘Hillary Clinton Did It’ May 23, 2022
- UN Food Head Warns Conditions “Worse” Than Arab Spring As Inflation Riots Spread May 23, 2022
- Snap Shares Crater After Company Unexpectedly Slashes Guidance May 23, 2022
- White House Mulls Tapping Emergency Diesel Stockpile To Address East Coast Crisis May 23, 2022
- New Jersey Sued For Illegally Concealing Election Records Policy May 23, 2022
- Key Events This Week: Global PMIs, US Durables and PCE May 23, 2022
- Hundreds Of UK Grocery Items More Than 20% Pricier Over Last Two Years: Study May 23, 2022
- Lagarde Calls For Crypto Crackdown, Says They’re “Based On Nothing” May 23, 2022
- Russian Electricity Imports Halted To Another EU Nation May 23, 2022
- Gen. Milley Warns West Point Graduates On Likelihood Of War With Russia And China May 22, 2022
- Everything You Want To Know About Monkeypox, But Were Afraid To Ask May 22, 2022
- Gun-Parts Dealer Sues ATF Over ‘Secret And Unannounced Policy Changes’ May 22, 2022
- DOJ Announces Hate Crimes And ‘Bias-Related’ Initiatives Including Reporting Hotline May 22, 2022
- U.S. Automakers Forced To Hike Prices Due To Rising Raw Material Costs May 22, 2022
- 1,681,921 hits