Sean Moran is a congressional reporter for Breitbart News. Follow him on Twitter @SeanMoran3.
Trump-Backed Alex Mooney Defeats ‘RINO’ David McKinley in West Virginia Republican Primary
May 10, 2022 8:22 pm
Tags: alex, Alex Mooney, Breitbart, David, David McKinley, defeats, donald, Donald Trump, election, joshwho, mckinley, midterm, Midterm Election, mooney, News, Politics, primary, Republican, RINO, Trump, trump-backed, Virginia, west
Categories: Alex Mooney Breitbart News David McKinley Donald Trump JoshWho News Midterm Election Politics
The Trump-endorsed Rep. Alex Mooney (R-WV) defeated Rep. David McKinley in the contentious battle for West Virginia’s second congressional district.
The West Virginia primary tested the political will of the Republican Party base. After the 2020 census, the state lost one congressional district, forcing a primary battle between McKinely from the first congressional district and Mooney from the second congressional district.
This has forced a contentious battle between the more “RINO”-leaning McKinely and the Trump-backed Mooney.
“Congressman Alex Mooney is a conservative warrior running in West Virginia’s 2nd Congressional District. His opponent is a RINO who supported the ‘Unfrastucture Bill’ and the Sham January 6 Unselect Committee,” Trump said in a statement.
Trump added, “Alex fights for our Veterans, for Energy and Clean Coal, Election Integrity, our Borders, Jobs, and against the horrible drug epidemic. On May 10th, Vote for Alex Mooney, who has my Complete and Total Endorsement. I love West Virginia!”
McKinley has earned the ire of conservatives for voting for the $1.2 trillion so-called bipartisan infrastructure bill, otherwise known as the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. McKinley’s vote for the infrastructure bill, which was vital to it passing through the House, led to the Club for Growth PAC endorsing Mooney to primary McKinley.
Club for Growth PAC President David McIntosh said in a statement on Tuesday that Mooney’s victory serves as a sign that Republicans want conservatives, not RINOs, as their lawmakers. Club for Growth PAC President David McIntosh said:
The result of this bellwether race is a clear sign that Republicans want their Members of Congress to be real conservatives as opposed to moderate RINOS. The people of West Virginia understand Congress needs to stop Biden’s radical socialist agenda, and Mooney is the only candidate who has a record of standing up to liberals in Washington.
The Club noted that Mooney has an 87 percent lifetime rating on the Club for Growth Foundation congressional scorecard, while McKinley only has 51 percent.
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), a champion of the $1.2 trillion spending bill, put out an ad to defend McKinley’s vote for the bipartisan infrastructure bill:
In contrast to McKinley, Mooney has called the $1.2 trillion legislation a “bill no conservative would support.”
- Bill Maher Slams “Fat Celebration” And “Body Positivity” August 7, 2022
- Gold Is Going To Go! August 7, 2022
- 20 Total Chinese & Taiwan Warships In ‘Close Quarters’ Standoff In Strait As Drills Wind Down August 7, 2022
- The Growing Threat From North Korea August 6, 2022
- Donald Trump: Next President Must ‘Remove Rogue Bureaucrats and Root out the Deep State’ August 6, 2022
- The Cost Of Mining Bitcoin In 198 Different Countries August 6, 2022
- Despite Strict Gun Control, California Had The Most Active Shooter Incidents In 2021: FBI August 6, 2022
- Christian High School In Manhattan Hosted Mandatory Drag Show In Place Of Church Service August 6, 2022
- WATCH: Gaza Terror Group Misfires; Rocket Lands on Palestinian House August 6, 2022
- Sowell: The Point Of No Return August 6, 2022
- What Is ESG? It’s A Leveraging Tool For The Woke Communist Takeover August 6, 2022
- Exclusive — Trump-Backed Leora Levy: ‘I am Running to Rid Connecticut of the Blumenthal Blight’ August 6, 2022
- Indiana Enacts Near Total Abortion Ban August 6, 2022
- The Greatest Value Investor You’ve Never Heard Of August 6, 2022
- “Situation Is Really Precarious”: World’s Largest Rice Exporter Faces Output Decline Amid Heatwave August 6, 2022
- Poll: Florida ‘More Desirable’ to Live in than Blue New York, California August 6, 2022
- Majority Say Their Financial Situation Is ‘Getting Worse’ Under Biden August 6, 2022
- Report: Vice President Joe Biden Met with CCP-Linked Energy Executives at White House in 2014 August 6, 2022
- UN Chief Urges Tax On Oil Industry For “Grotesque Greed” August 6, 2022
- Taiwan Says China’s Drills Are Simulating A Full Attack On The Island August 6, 2022
- 1,685,083 hits