Texas Warns Energy Operators To Prepare For Cold Snap
Oil and natural gas operators in west Texas, including the Permian Basin, have been warned by the state energy regulator to prepare equipment for a cold snap and snowfall on Tuesday.
The National Weather Service predicts cold weather and snow for parts of west Texas to the Panhandle. The Lone Star State’s fossil fuel and petrochemical industries are prone to freeze-offs when temperatures plunge.
The US-based Global Forecast System, or GFS, and the European ECMWF weather models suggest colder temperatures for the Permian Basin to Dallas to Amarillo through the end of the month into early February.
“Not only will this [cold snap] bring several waves of bitterly cold air to the Lower 48 [US states] during the first week of February, which notably could spike heating demand, but it could also produce more gas well freeze-offs in Texas, Louisiana, and portions of the Appalachian region,” Gelber & Associates, a Houston-based energy markets trading firm, wrote in a note to clients.
The latest round of cold weather plus news of Freeport LNG seeking approval to restart operations could be enough to rebound NatGas futures after months of heavy losses.
However, “this late in the withdrawal season, gas market bears contend that, no matter how intense an Arctic outbreak may be, gas inventories will be more than adequate to meet the demand for the remainder of the winter,” Gelber&Associates added. This might limit upside for NatGas prices if a rebound is seen.
- Escobar: Can You Smell What The Year Of The Rabbit Is Cooking? January 27, 2023
- Canada’s Bill C-26: Yet Another Government Power Grab January 27, 2023
- Visualizing Remittance Flows & GDP Impact By Country January 27, 2023
- Soaring Food Prices Prompt Eurasian Nations To Ban Food Exports January 27, 2023
- Vegas Hotels Hit With Lawsuit, Claiming Collusion Via Algorithm To Artificially Inflate Hotel Prices January 27, 2023
- China Is About To Become The Number 2 Exporter Of Passenger Vehicles In The World January 27, 2023
- Massive Short-Squeeze Sparks Surge In Stocks Despite Hawkish Shift In Rates January 27, 2023
- McDaniel Reelected As RNC Chair Despite DeSantis Calling For Change January 27, 2023
- Ronna McDaniel Clinches Fourth Term as RNC Chair January 27, 2023
- Watch: Leftist Talking Heads Claim Letting Trump Back On Facebook Will “Destroy Democracy” January 27, 2023
- Terrorist Kills 7, Wounds 10 in Jerusalem Synagogue Attack on International Holocaust Day January 27, 2023
- GRAPHIC WARNING – WATCH: Body Camera Footage of Paul Pelosi Attack Released January 27, 2023
- Europe Is Diversifying Its Diesel Sources Ahead Of Ban On Russian Fuel January 27, 2023
- “The Bot Is Out There. It Doesn’t Feel Pity, Or Remorse, Or Fear, And It Absolutely Will Not Stop Until Your Job Is Dead” January 27, 2023
- Pending Home Sales Suffered Worst Annual Decline Ever In 2022, Despite December Surge January 27, 2023
- The Race To The Bottom Accelerates January 27, 2023
- Blackstone President Says BREIT Still Has “Backlog” Of Redemption Requests January 27, 2023
- Europe’s Energy Crisis Leaves Almost All Of Pakistan Without Power January 27, 2023
- Georgia’s Mikheil Saakashvili – “America’s Guy” – Is Racing The Clock January 27, 2023
- Schiff: Trump, House GOP Who Voted Not to Certify 2020 Election Are the ‘Principal Threat to Our Country’ January 27, 2023
- KomplettFritid - 139,401 breached accounts January 23, 2023In January 2023, the online Norwegian store KomplettFritid was reported as having had a data breach dating back to February 2021. The incident exposed 140k customer records including physical, email and IP addresses, names, phone numbers and passwords. Most passwords were stored as bcrypt hashes with a small number appearing in plain text.
- Autotrader - 20,032 breached accounts January 23, 2023In January 2023, 1.4M records from the Autotrader online vehicle marketplace appeared on a popular hacking forum. Autotrader stated that the "data in question relates to aged listing data that was generally publicly available on our site at the time and open to automated collection methods". The data contained 20k unique email addresses alongside physical […]
- Zurich - 756,737 breached accounts January 22, 2023In January 2023, the Japanese arm of Zurich insurance suffered a data breach that exposed 2.6M customer records with over 756k unique email addresses. The data was subsequently posted to a popular hacking forum and also included names, genders, dates of birth and details of insured vehicles. The data was provided to HIBP by a […]
- DoorDash - 367,476 breached accounts January 7, 2023In August 2022, the food ordering and delivery service DoorDash disclosed a data breach that impacted a portion of their customers. DoorDash attributed the breach to an unnamed "third-party vendor" they stated was the victim of a phishing campaign. The incident exposed 367k unique personal email addresses alongside names, post codes and partial card data, […]
- SlideTeam - 1,464,271 breached accounts January 7, 2023In April 2021, the "world’s largest collection of pre-designed presentation slides" SlideTeam had 1.4M records breached and later published to a popular hacking forum the following year. Allegedly sourced from a compromised Magento instance, the data included names, email addresses and passwords stored as salted hashes.
- Twitter (200M) - 211,524,284 breached accounts January 5, 2023In early 2023, over 200M records scraped from Twitter appeared on a popular hacking forum. The data was obtained sometime in 2021 by abusing an API that enabled email addresses to be resolved to Twitter profiles. The subsequent results were then composed into a corpus of data containing email addresses alongside public Twitter profile information […]
- Deezer - 229,037,936 breached accounts January 2, 2023In late 2022, the music streaming service Deezer disclosed a data breach that impacted over 240M customers. The breach dated back to a mid-2019 backup exposed by a 3rd party partner which was subsequently sold and then broadly redistributed on a popular hacking forum. Impacted data included 229M unique email addresses, IP addresses, names, usernames, […]
- Benchmark - 93,343 breached accounts January 1, 2023In November 2019, the Serbian technology news website Benchmark suffered a breach of its forum that exposed 93k customer records. The breach exposed IP and email addresses, usernames and passwords stored as salted MD5 hashes. A forum administrator subsequently advised that the breach was due to the forum previously running on an outdated vBulletin instance. […]
- Gemini - 5,274,214 breached accounts December 16, 2022In late 2022, data allegedly taken from the Gemini crypto exchange was posted to a public hacking forum. The data consisted of email addresses and partial phone numbers, which Gemini later attributed to an incident at a third-party vendor (the vendor was not named). The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested […]
- CoinTracker - 1,557,153 breached accounts December 12, 2022In December 2022, the Crypto & NFT taxes service CoinTracker reported a data breach that impacted over 1.5M of their customers. The company later attributed the breach to a compromise SendGrid in an attack that targeted multiple customers of the email provider. The breach exposed email addresses and partially redacted phone numbers, with CoinTracker advising […]