Stocks Drop As Rate-Hike Odds Pop After Powell’s Brief Message
While reactions to Fed Chair Powell’s 8 minute message are varied, the markets’ response seems sure – hawkish-er than expected…
The odds of a 75bps hike in September are back above 60%…
The short-end of the yield curve is spiking relative to the long-end…
The yield curve is flattening/inverting even further…
And stocks are sliding fast on the not-dovish-enough message…
The dollar is higher post-Powell…
But the question is – will this hawkish/recession-implying reaction hold in these illiquid markets?
- The Average Home Size In Every US State In 2022 November 25, 2022
- San Francisco PD Proposes Letting Robots Kill Suspects November 25, 2022
- Escobar: Electric Wars November 25, 2022
- US Bird Flu Outbreak Officially Becomes Worst On Record November 25, 2022
- Musk: Exposing Twitter’s Internal Discussion Of Hunter Biden Laptop Story “Necessary To Restore Public Trust” November 25, 2022
- FDA Approves World’s Most Expensive Drug At $3.5 Million Per Dose To Treat Hemophilia November 25, 2022
- GA Runoff: Why A 51st Senate Seat Matters So Much November 25, 2022
- Reefer Madness: Demand For Illegal Pot Soars In California Due To High Taxes November 25, 2022
- “This Is Appalling”: Major Tax Filing Services Have Been Sending Financial Information To Facebook November 25, 2022
- Newly Elected Conservative School Board Fires Superintendent, Bans Critical Race Theory November 25, 2022
- Hopes Rise For Cannabis Banking Relief During Lame Duck Session November 25, 2022
- The Doctor Who Can Rebuild Trust: Joseph Ladapo November 25, 2022
- Amazon Workers Plan Global Black Friday Strike to Demand Company ‘Ceases Awful, Unsafe Practices’ November 25, 2022
- Trump Dined at Mar-a-Lago with White Nationalist, Holocaust Denier Nick Fuentes Alongside Kanye West; UPDATE – Trump Responds, ‘Had Never Met and Knew Nothing About’ Fuentes November 25, 2022
- Ford Recalls 519,000 Broncos And Escapes Over Cracked Fuel Injectors Sparking Engine Fires November 25, 2022
- One Of The “Richest Men In Crypto” Just Bought 9.3% Of Silvergate, Citadel Adds To Stake November 25, 2022
- Swiss Captain Rejects World Cup Virtue Signaling November 25, 2022
- Elon Musk Claims He Will Grant ‘Amnesty’ to Blacklisted Twitter Accounts November 25, 2022
- Futures Flat As China Injects Fresh Monetary Stimulus November 25, 2022
- An Economic Candle Burning From Both Ends November 25, 2022
- Not Acxiom (unverified) - 51,730,831 breached accounts November 22, 2022In 2020, a corpus of data containing almost a quarter of a billion records spanning over 400 different fields was misattributed to database marketing company Acxiom and subsequently circulated within the hacking community. On review, Acxiom concluded that "the claims are indeed false and that the data, which has been readily available across multiple environments, […]
- GGCorp - 2,376,330 breached accounts November 8, 2022In August 2022, the MMORPG website GGCorp suffered a data breach that exposed almost 2.4M unique email addresses. The data also included IP addresses, usernames and MD5 password hashes.
- Lolzteam - 398,011 breached accounts November 6, 2022In May 2018, the Russian hacking forum Lolzteam suffered a data breach that exposed 400k members. The impacted data included usernames and email addresses which were later redistributed via another hacking forum. The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested it be attributed to "ZAN @ BF".
- Doomworld - 34,478 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the Doomworld fourm suffered a data breach that exposed 34k member records. The data included email and IP addresses, usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- E-Pal - 108,887 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the service dedicated to finding friends on Discord known as E-Pal disclosed a data breach. The compromised data included over 100k unique email addresses and usernames spanning approximately 1M orders. The data was subsequently distributed via a popular hacking forum.
- Wakanim - 6,706,951 breached accounts October 6, 2022In August 2022, the European streaming service Wakanim suffered a data breach which was subsequently advertised and sold on a popular hacking forum. The breach exposed 6.7M customer records including email, IP and physical addresses, names and usernames.
- Bhinneka - 1,274,340 breached accounts October 6, 2022In early 2020, the Indonesian consumer electronics website Bhinneka suffered a data breach that exposed almost 1.3M customer records. The data included email and physical addresses, names, genders, dates of birth, phone numbers and salted password hashes.
- TAP Air Portugal - 5,067,990 breached accounts September 23, 2022In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Brand New Tube - 349,627 breached accounts September 8, 2022In August 2022, the streaming website Brand New Tube suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of almost 350k subscribers. The impacted data included email and IP addresses, usernames, genders, passwords stored as unsalted SHA-1 hashes and private messages.
- START - 7,455,386 breached accounts August 30, 2022In August 2022, news broke of an attack against the Russian streaming service "START". The incident led to the exposure of 44M records containing 7.4M unique email addresses. The impacted data also included the subscriber's country and password hash. START subsequently acknowledged the incident in a Telegram post and stated that the data dated back […]