Seven Lucky Ducklings Trapped in Storm Drain Saved by Huntington Beach Firemen
April 5, 2021 6:28 pm
Tags: animal rescue, ducklings, Good News, Huntington Beach Fire Department, Orange County Animal Cares, Regional-Local News, Southern California, US, Wetlands and Wildlands Animal Center
Categories: animal rescue ducklings Epoch Times Good News Huntington Beach Fire Department JoshWho News Orange County Animal Cares Regional-Local News Southern California US Wetlands and Wildlands Animal Center
A brood of ducklings is recovering after being rescued from a storm drain by Huntington Beach firefighters.
The wayward baby ducks inadvertently waddled into a 30-foot-deep hole off Gothard Street April 1, and became trapped, a Huntington Beach Fire Department spokesperson said.
The group of seven ducks was discovered by a passerby, who waved down a nearby fire engine, Eric Blaska told The Epoch Times April 5.
Huntington Beach firefighters were initially able to help one duckling before calling the department’s urban search and rescue team for backup. The rescue team specializes in technical resources, confined space rescues, shoring, trench rescues, and heavy rescues.
“They were able to safely send someone into the storm drain to rescue the [remaining] ducklings,” Blaska said.
Once the ducklings were recovered, they were taken by an Orange County Animal Care officer.
From there, the ducklings journeyed in a towel-lined cardboard box to the Wetlands and Wildlife Care Center.
The fuzzy birds were quiet upon arriving, and likely day-old newborns, said the center’s executive director Debbie McGuire.
“They were scared after falling 30 feet, over two stories into a dark storm drain,” McGuire told The Epoch Times. “That had to be traumatizing.”
The ducklings were given fluids and food to recover while resting overnight in an incubator, prior to being given a health exam, which revealed they were uninjured.
“Because of their body dynamics, they can hit the ground and not get hurt,” McGuire said. “They’re light, about an ounce.”
The ducklings will remain at the care center for a few months, until they could fend for themselves.
“They’re going to make it,” McGuire said. “They’re still stable.”
The JoshWho Network – Email, Chat, Search, Games, News and More…. – Let the Internet be Fun and Free Again
- WTI Extends Gains After Unexpected Large Crude Draw March 28, 2023
- US Aircraft Carrier Holds Drills With South Korean Military Under Threat Of Missile Tests March 28, 2023
- Jamie Dimon In Hot-Seat As Sworn Deposition Looms In Epstein Lawsuits March 28, 2023
- Regional Banks Target New Crypto Business From Former Signature And Silvergate Clients March 28, 2023
- Strong 5Y Treasury Auction Stops Through As Nosebleeding Rates Vol Dips March 28, 2023
- It’s Prudent To Dust Off The Stagflation Hedges Again March 28, 2023
- Peak Rates Can’t Come Soon Enough For Real Estate March 28, 2023
- Conference Board Confidence Improves, Inflation Expectations Rise In March March 28, 2023
- SBF Charged With Funneling $40M In Crypto To Bribe CCP Officials March 28, 2023
- “Shot her way into the building” “Horrific Shooting at Covenant Church/School: New Security Footage Reveals Shooter’s Actions” #shooter #gunviolence #tragedy March 28, 2023
- At Least 37 Dead After Fire Engulfs U.S. – Mexico Border Migrant Facility March 28, 2023
- Woke Disney Begins Mass Layoffs with TV Production, Acquisition Employees March 28, 2023
- Nashville Christian School Shooter Was Second ‘Transgender’ Female Killer in 4 Years March 28, 2023
- Nordic Countries Create ‘Mini NATO’ Pact, Linking Air Forces March 28, 2023
- Humza Yousaf Wins SNP Leadership Contest To Become First Muslim Leader Of Scotland March 28, 2023
- Germany Successfully Delivers 18 Leopard Tanks At Ukraine Border March 28, 2023
- The Real Insurrection, And The Dirty Politics Of Jan. 6 March 27, 2023
- Over 3,000lbs Of Beef Recalled Over Possible E. Coli Contamination March 27, 2023
- Contract Confirms US Government Received $400 Million From Major COVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturer March 27, 2023
- Millennials Dominate Insolvencies In Canada As Credit Card, Student Loan And Other Debts Pile Up March 27, 2023
JoshWho TV News
TRUMP RALLY : President Trump Holds First 2024 Campaign RallyMarch 25, 2023
Parents charged after boy found in cage inside Philadelphia homeMarch 25, 2023
Raw Police Body Worn Camera Footage From January 6 Capitol AttackMarch 20, 2023Video from body camera worn by a Metropolitan Police Department officer on Jan. 6, 2021 during the attack on the U.S. Capitol ...
Explosive! The Gateway Pundit Interviews DC Gulag Political Prisoner Jeffrey McKellopMarch 17, 2023Explosive! The Gateway Pundit Interviews DC Gulag Political Prisoner Jeffrey McKellop ...
Feds Kicking the Capitol Doors Open Jan 6thMarch 12, 2023
Chicago security guard shoots bank robbery in downtown BankMarch 11, 2023A bank security guard in downtown Chicago was shot as he confronted a male suspect fleeing the business Thursday afternoon. Subscribe to FOX 32 Chica ...
Tucker Jan 6th Footage ReleasedMarch 7, 2023
JAN 6 Capitol Riot Shenanigans Part 5 - INSURRECTION DEJA VUE HONG KONG 2019March 7, 2023Capitol Riot Shenanigans INSURRECTION DEJA VUE HONG KONG 2019 - Have we seen a government set up it's people as they did January 6, 2021. Hong Kong 20 ...
HOLY PHUCK: BOMBSHELL: DOJ VIDEO. CAPITOL POLICE HOLDING OPEN “UPPER WEST TERRACE DOORS” ON JAN 6.March 7, 2023HOLY PHUCK: BOMBSHELL: DOJ VIDEO. CAPITOL POLICE HOLDING OPEN “UPPER WEST TERRACE DOORS” ON JAN 6. Over 250 individuals allowed to walk into Capi ...
SHOCKING Capitol Police Video Uncovered from Jan 6 Shows Undercover and Armed DOJ OnsiteMarch 7, 2023https://patriotswitch.com/pnn Patriot Switch is a grassroots movement that’s helping families switch their shopping to American Made. Join over 2 m ...
Latest Hacked Sites
- TheGradCafe - 310,975 breached accounts March 24, 2023In February 2023, the grad school admissions search website TheGradCafe suffered a data breach that disclosed the personal records of 310k users. The data included email addresses, names and usernames, genders, geographic locations and passwords stored as bcrypt hashes. Some records also included physical address, phone number and date of birth. TheGradCafe did not respond […]
- Shopper+ - 878,290 breached accounts March 11, 2023In March 2023, "Canada's online shopping mall" Shopper+ disclosed a data breach discovered on a public hacking forum. The breach dated back to September 2020 and included 878k customer records with email and physical addresses, names, phone numbers and in some cases, genders and dates of birth.
- HDB Financial Services - 1,658,750 breached accounts March 11, 2023In March 2023, the Indian non-bank lending unit HDB Financial Services suffered a data breach that disclosed over 70M customer records. Containing 1.6M unique email addresses, the breach also disclosed names, dates of birth, phone numbers, genders, post codes and loan information belonging to the customers.
- Eye4Fraud - 16,000,591 breached accounts March 6, 2023In February 2023, data alleged to have been taken from the fraud protection service Eye4Fraud was listed for sale on a popular hacking forum. Spanning tens of millions of rows with 16M unique email addresses, the data was spread across 147 tables totalling 65GB and included both direct users of the service and what appears […]
- iD Tech - 415,121 breached accounts March 6, 2023In February 2023, the tech camps for kids service iD Tech had almost 1M records posted to a popular hacking forum. The data included 415k unique email addresses, names, dates of birth and plain text passwords which appear to have been breached in the previous month. iD Tech did not respond to multiple attempts to […]
- LBB - 39,288 breached accounts March 5, 2023In August 2022, customer data of the Indian shopping site "LBB" (Little Black Book) was posted to a popular hacking forum. The data contained over 3M records with 39k unique email addresses alongside IP and physical addresses, names and device information with the most recent data dating back to early 2019. LBB advised they believe […]
- GunAuction.com - 565,470 breached accounts March 2, 2023In December 2022, the online firearms auction website GunAuction.com suffered a data breach which was later discovered left unprotected on the hacker's server. The data included over 565k user records with extensive personal data including email, IP and physical addresses, names, phone numbers, genders, years of birth, credit card type and passwords stored in plain […]
- Convex - 150,129 breached accounts February 26, 2023In February 2023, the Russian telecommunications provider Convex was hacked by "Anonymous" who subsequently released 128GB of data publicly, alleging it revealed illegal government surveillance. The leaked data contained 150k unique email, IP and physical addresses, names and phone numbers.
- RealDudesInc - 101,543 breached accounts February 19, 2023In October 2022, the GTA mod menu provider RealDudesInc suffered a data breach that exposed over 100k email addresses (many of which are temporary guest account addresses). The breach also included usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- Weee - 1,117,405 breached accounts February 8, 2023In February 2023, data belonging to the Asian and Hispanic food delivery service Weee appeared on a popular hacking forum. Dating back to mid-2022, the data included 1.1M unique email addresses from 11M rows of orders containing names, phone numbers and delivery instructions.
The Daily Caller
Meet Rex Engelbert, The Fearless Officer Who Dropped The Transgender Nashville ShooterMarch 29, 2023Engelbert, 27, is a four-year veteran of the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department
US Army Veteran Claimed To Be Fighting For Ukraine. Volunteers Say He’s A FraudMarch 29, 2023'Endangers the real soldiers'
Italian Government Approves Bill To Ban Synthetic MeatMarch 29, 2023The bill adjoins a larger effort by Meloni's Brother's of Italy Party to secure Italian food image
‘What A Disgrace’: Sen. Josh Hawley Slams Biden For ‘Joking’ About Nashville ShootingMarch 28, 2023'There's nothing remotely funny about hate crimes'
Domino’s Receipt Helps Cops Catch Preteen Murder SuspectMarch 28, 2023'Keep the gun'
Foster Moreau, free-agent tight end, confident as cancer battle begins: 'Getting ready to kick someone's a--'March 29, 2023NFL free agent tight end Foster Moreau talked about learning of his Hodgkin lymphoma diagnosis, one that he said initially caused fear. But he's confident about his fight.
Actor Richard Gere climbs Capitol Hill, joins Democrats and Republicans in condemning China's abuse of TibetMarch 29, 2023Actor Richard Gere joined a bipartisan group of lawmakers on Capitol Hill to condemn the Chinese Communist Party's treatment of the people of Tibet.
Biden takes heat for joking around in response to question about Nashville school shooting: 'What a disgrace'March 29, 2023President Biden invoked a playful tone when asked whether he agrees with Sen. Josh Hawley's theory that the Nashville shooting should be investigated as a hate crime.
Bulls' Andre Drummond deletes social media to 'focus on my mental health'March 29, 2023Andre Drummond of the Chicago Bulls has spoken about his mental health in the past. Drummond says he is deleting all of his social media accounts to focus on his mental health.
North Carolina man pleads guilty to raping woman 31 years ago, sentenced to decades in prisonMarch 29, 2023A North Carolina man pleaded guilty to raping a woman 31 years ago in Fayetteville, North Carolina, after DNA evidence linked him to the crime that occurred 31 years ago.
Man kicked off flight for being 'fatphobic' and rude, yet he had nowhere to sitMarch 29, 2023A Reddit drama elicits thousands of reactions as people chime in on a travel controversy involving two men — one described as "obese" and another termed "rude" by flight attendants.
JESSE WATTERS: Kamala Harris is in Africa to 'shatter'March 29, 2023Fox News host Jesse Watters reacts to Vice President Kamala Harris' trip to Africa on "Jesse Watters Primetime."
Illinois man found dead in storage unit identified as ex-police chiefMarch 29, 2023A decomposing body found in an Illinois storage unit last October has been identified as that of former Maquon village police chief Richard R. Young.
Lawsuit claims Maine tuition program discriminates against religious schoolsMarch 29, 2023A lawsuit against the state of Maine claims its tuition reimbursement program unfairly targets religious schools by requiring compliance with pro-LGBTQ "antidiscrimination" mandates.
14 Cameroonians rescued after boat capsizes in Caribbean, killing 3March 29, 2023At least 14 Cameroonians were rescued from Caribbean waters after their boat capsized off St. Kitts' coast, with 3 others dead and 13 unaccounted for.
Student pilot was attempting landing at time of deadly Florida plane collision, report saysMarch 29, 2023A student pilot who was killed in a midair collision over Winter Haven, Florida was reportedly performing landing exercises in the leadup to the wreck, which killed four people.
Pakistan bows out of US-led summit in potential move to woo ChinaMarch 29, 2023Pakistan's Foreign Ministry announced Tuesday that the nation will not participate in this week's U.S.-led Summit for Democracy, from which China was disinvited.
'Vanderpump Rules' star Ariana Madix looked 'great' after reunion, Jax Taylor says: She’ll ‘thrive from this’March 29, 2023Former "Vanderpump Rules" stars Jax Taylor and Brittany Cartwright explained they feel for Ariana Madix amid the Tom Sandoval, Raquel Leviss cheating scandal, but think she will thrive.
Anti-addiction drug buprenorphine may cut risk of future fatal overdose by 62%: studyMarch 29, 2023Researchers found that receiving buprenorphine after a nonfatal opioid overdose was associated with a 62% reduction in the risk of subsequent opioid overdose death.
Netanyahu throws shade on Biden after president says he’s ‘very concerned’ about Israel’s judicial reformsMarch 29, 2023Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday appeared to push back against President Biden's criticism of Israel's planned judicial reforms.
- Inside the Tent Camp Housing Thousands of Migrant Children – ‘No Place for a Child’
Migrant children and families are sleeping shoulder to shoulder on mats in a Texas border facility designed for 250 people that is now holding more than 4,100, according to some of the first photographs to emerge from the crowded camp that has become a focal point of the Biden administration’s struggles to absorb thousands of […]
- Atl Suspect’s Fixation on Sex Is Familiar Thorn for Evangelicals
“Sex addiction” is not an established psychiatric diagnosis, and there is a debate in the mental health community about how to define and treat compulsive sexual behavior. “There’s no evidence-based treatment for sex addiction,” said Joshua Grubbs, an assistant professor of psychology at Bowling Green State University and a clinical psychologist. Evangelical sex addiction treatment […]
- Tom Cotton Mocks Social Justice Warriors at New York Times in CPAC Speech
Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) on Friday mocked “social justice warriors” at the New York Times and their “meltdown” this summer over his op-ed in the paper calling for troops to restore order during the rioting at the time. Speaking on the first day of the Conservative Political Action Committee (CPAC) in Orlando, Florida, Cotton recalled how hundreds […]
- Congress Clears 2-Day Spending Extension to Finalize Stimulus Deal
Negotiators worked into Friday night to put the finishing touches on key details of the stimulus compromise, continuing negotiations on how long unemployment benefits should last, how to distribute federal relief for small businesses and the extension of a federal eviction moratorium. The plan was expected to revive the Paycheck Protection Program, a loan program […]
- SACRAMENTO Unemployment Scam Using Inmates Names Costing California Hundreds of Millions
SACRAMENTO — A rash of fraudulent pandemic unemployment claims filed under the names of jail and prison inmates, including more than 100 on death row, has bilked California out of hundreds of millions of dollars, a law enforcement task force said Tuesday. In a letter to Gov. Gavin Newsom, the task force, led by district […]
- Politics, Science and the Remarkable Race for a Corona Vaccine
WASHINGTON — The call was tense, the message discouraging. Moncef Slaoui, the head of the Trump administration’s effort to quickly produce a vaccine for the coronavirus, was on the phone at 6 p.m. on Aug. 25 to tell the upstart biotech firm Moderna that it had to slow the final stage of testing its vaccine […]
- Newsom Do as I Say, Not as I Dine Coronavirus Message
SAN FRANCISCO — It was an intimate meal in a wood-paneled, private dining room in one of California’s most exclusive restaurants. No one around the table wore masks, not the lobbyists, not even the governor. [Sign up for California Today, our daily newsletter from the Golden State.] Photos that surfaced this week of a dinner […]
- Donald Trump Shreds ‘Fake News Media’ in Series of Videos: ‘Not Reporting with Credibility Has Its Consequences’
Former President Donald Trump shredded the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN, and MSNBC as “fake news media” in a series of videos shared to his Truth Social account and his campaign’s war room Twitter account on Wednesday. “The fake news media like CNN, MSDNC – which is sometimes referred to as MSNBC –the […]
- Media Ignore Physical Attack on Republican Gen. Don Bolduc
The establishment media have ignored the physical attack against Republican New Hampshire candidate Gen. Don Bolduc. The three top establishment newspapers, the New York Times, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times, all failed to report the physical attack on Gen. Bolduc that occurred moments before Wednesday’s debate with Democrat Maggie Hassan (D-NH). The media’s decision […]
- Sex Offender Thanks Ketanji Brown Jackson for Three-Month Prison Sentence: ‘She Knew This Was Going to Hold Me Back … So She Didn’t Really Want to Add on to That’
The registered sex offender who was given three months in prison by Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, nominated for the Supreme Court by President Joe Biden, is speaking out and seemingly thanking the judge for her lenient sentence in his case. In 2013, Jackson sentenced then-19-year-old Wesley Hawkins to three months in prison, three months of […]
- 15 Media Personalities Claimed Hunter’s Laptop Emails Were Likely Russian Propaganda Before New York Times Admitted
Fifteen establishment media personalities claimed Hunter Biden’s laptop emails were likely Russian propaganda before the New York Times admitted it Wednesday. After nearly two years of dismissing Hunter’s tantalizing emails uncovered before the 2020 presidential election, the Times admitted the laptop was authentic, in direct contradiction of many in the Democrat-allied media. The media personalities seemingly went […]
- Covington Teen Nicholas Sandmann Settles $275 Million Defamation Lawsuit with NBC
Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann announced Friday that he settled a $275 million defamation lawsuit against NBC. Neither party publicized the terms of the settlement. However, Sandmann asked for $275 million in damages in his lawsuit against NBC Universal and MSNBC. “At this time I would like to release that NBC and I […]
- Washington Post Columnist Calls on CNN to Correct Its Dossier Reporting — After WaPo Corrects Its Own
A Washington Post columnist criticized CNN for not correcting its reporting that the dossier put together by Fusion GPS and ex-British spy Christopher Steele — which claimed the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia — was “corroborated.” The paper’s media critic, Erik Wemple, wrote Friday that CNN hosts and reporters had long-claimed the Steele dossier had […]
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’
The Washington Post, the leftist legacy media outlet whose motto is “Democracy Dies in Darkness,” admitted to publishing fake news about the public’s discontent with floundering President Joe Biden. During a September speech by Donald Trump Jr. in Georgia, the crowd broke into a “F*ck Joe Biden” chant at the prompting of the former president’s […]
Young children, the head of their school and its custodian. These are the victims of the Nashville school shooting - CNNMarch 29, 2023
After a tumultuous tenure, Jason Wingard has resigned as Temple University president - The Philadelphia InquirerMarch 29, 2023
Northern California Storm Coverage: March 28 update at 4p.m. - KCRA 3March 28, 2023
French unions vow further protests on 10th general strike against Macron’s pension plans - POLITICO EuropeMarch 28, 2023
Everman, Texas, police give updates Monday in search for missing 6-year-old boy - Fort Worth Star-TelegramMarch 28, 2023
At least 39 die in migrant center fire by U.S.-Mexico border - Los Angeles TimesMarch 28, 2023
Hospitals Are Increasingly Crowded With Kids Who Tried to Harm Themselves, Study Finds - The New York TimesMarch 28, 2023
Ilitch, Ross move forward with tax breaks for $1.5B District Detroit plan - Detroit Free PressMarch 28, 2023
Aide to Senator Rand Paul Stabbed After Leaving Washington Restaurant - The New York TimesMarch 28, 2023
Drag queen straddles girl at North Carolina public school, video shows - Fox NewsMarch 28, 2023
Justice Department moves to end consent decree with Seattle Police Department - CNNMarch 28, 2023
Dominion wants Fox News hosts and executives to testify at trial - The GuardianMarch 28, 2023
Ga. businessman had fentanyl, cocaine, more in system at time of 'accidental' death, report shows - Yahoo NewsMarch 28, 2023
New York grand jury won't hear Trump case again this week. Here's the latest in the investigation - CNNMarch 28, 2023
The 'phantom' Tulare Lake returns with a vengeance - Los Angeles TimesMarch 28, 2023