Pope Fires Entire Leadership From Global Catholic Charity Amid Harrassment Allegations
November 24, 2022 4:49 am
Tags: allegations, amid, catholic, Charity, entire, fires, from, global, harrassment, joshwho, Leadership, Media, News, Pope, ZeroHedge
Categories: JoshWho News news media US News ZeroHedge
In a resounding decree released on Tuesday, Pope Francis sacked all leaders of the Caritas Internationalis charity, appointing a temporary Vatican administrator to head the confederation of 162 Catholic relief, development, and social service organizations operating in over 200 countries and territories worldwide.
According to Reuters, Pope Francis decided to sack the entire management of the charity following allegations of humiliation and harassment of staff at the organization’s headquarters in Rome. Several current and former charity employees spoke to the news agency, with one former employee saying that workers at the charity headquarters had suffered harassment, fear, and “ritual humiliation.”
At the same time, the Vatican’s dicastery for development, to which the charity is subordinate, announced that a comprehensive investigation had been carried out this year at the charity’s headquarters, involving external management and psychological experts. The investigation concluded that there was indeed a basis for the above reports, read the Vatican’s press release.
It added, however, that there was no evidence that financial abuse or sexual harassment had taken place, but identified a number of problems that “require immediate action.” They said these failures were mainly in the area of corporate management and procedures, and had a negative impact on staff team spirit and morale.
The papal decision was also followed by the resignation of Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle, often referred to in the press as ‘Francis of Asia,’ who was nominally the president of the charity but was not involved in the day-to-day running of the organization. The Filipino cardinal has been seen by some as a possible successor to Pope Francis.
Tagle will, however, retain his main ecclesiastical post and will remain head of the Dicastery for Evangelisation within the Catholic Church, responsible for the management of missionaries.
Reuters also noted that apart from the cardinal and one other priest, all the heads of the international charity were non-clerical.
- Former Assistant City Attorney And Police Officer In Atlanta Charged In $7 Million PPP Fraud Scheme December 9, 2022
- 9 Million Millennials Moved Back In With Their Parents This Year December 9, 2022
- The Debate Between Gold & Bitcoin In 2023 December 9, 2022
- Stocks, Bonds, & Black Gold Battered In Ugly Week Ahead Of Fed December 9, 2022
- Putin Says He’s Open To More Prisoner Swaps With US December 9, 2022
- Musk Confirms Political Candidates Were Shadow Banned By Twitter’s Censors December 9, 2022
- UMich Sentiment Rebounds, Inflation-Expectations Tumble December 9, 2022
- Latest Class Action Against The New, Unwoke Twitter Alleges Company Disproportionately Fired Women December 9, 2022
- Price Of Christmas Trees Rising As Inflation Hits Home December 9, 2022
- Top French Central Banker Steps Down After Being Ensnared In Corruption Probe December 9, 2022
- Hungarian Inflation Spirals As Orban-Central Bank Rift Deepens December 9, 2022
- Arctic Blast Batters Europe As NatGas Prices Rise, Inventories Fall December 9, 2022
- Germany’s Massive Right-Wing Extremist Raid: Is It More Show Than Substance? December 9, 2022
- Elon Musk Calls out Sussmann, Perkins Coie for ‘Attempt to Corrupt a Presidential Election’ December 8, 2022
- Stanford’s Dr. Bhattacharya: Twitter ‘Harmed Science’ by Squelching Scientific Debate December 8, 2022
- Johnstone: I Don’t Want A Sci-Fi Future December 8, 2022
- Whitehead: The Constitution Has Already Been Terminated December 8, 2022
- Self-Service Kiosks Are Crawling With Fecal Bacteria: Study December 8, 2022
- Major Economic Contraction Coming In 2023… Followed By Even More Inflation December 8, 2022
- China Quietly Launches QE: Beijing Orders Large Insurers To Buy Bonds To Contain Selling Panic December 8, 2022
- Abandonia (2022) - 919,790 breached accounts December 7, 2022In November 2022, the gaming website dedicated to classic DOS games Abandonia suffered a data breach resulting in the exposure of 920k unique user records. This breach was in addition to another one 7 years earlier in 2015. The data contained email and IP addresses, usernames and salted MD5 hashes of passwords.
- Not Acxiom (unverified) - 51,730,831 breached accounts November 22, 2022In 2020, a corpus of data containing almost a quarter of a billion records spanning over 400 different fields was misattributed to database marketing company Acxiom and subsequently circulated within the hacking community. On review, Acxiom concluded that "the claims are indeed false and that the data, which has been readily available across multiple environments, […]
- GGCorp - 2,376,330 breached accounts November 8, 2022In August 2022, the MMORPG website GGCorp suffered a data breach that exposed almost 2.4M unique email addresses. The data also included IP addresses, usernames and MD5 password hashes.
- Lolzteam - 398,011 breached accounts November 6, 2022In May 2018, the Russian hacking forum Lolzteam suffered a data breach that exposed 400k members. The impacted data included usernames and email addresses which were later redistributed via another hacking forum. The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested it be attributed to "ZAN @ BF".
- Doomworld - 34,478 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the Doomworld fourm suffered a data breach that exposed 34k member records. The data included email and IP addresses, usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- E-Pal - 108,887 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the service dedicated to finding friends on Discord known as E-Pal disclosed a data breach. The compromised data included over 100k unique email addresses and usernames spanning approximately 1M orders. The data was subsequently distributed via a popular hacking forum.
- Wakanim - 6,706,951 breached accounts October 6, 2022In August 2022, the European streaming service Wakanim suffered a data breach which was subsequently advertised and sold on a popular hacking forum. The breach exposed 6.7M customer records including email, IP and physical addresses, names and usernames.
- Bhinneka - 1,274,340 breached accounts October 6, 2022In early 2020, the Indonesian consumer electronics website Bhinneka suffered a data breach that exposed almost 1.3M customer records. The data included email and physical addresses, names, genders, dates of birth, phone numbers and salted password hashes.
- TAP Air Portugal - 5,067,990 breached accounts September 23, 2022In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Brand New Tube - 349,627 breached accounts September 8, 2022In August 2022, the streaming website Brand New Tube suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of almost 350k subscribers. The impacted data included email and IP addresses, usernames, genders, passwords stored as unsalted SHA-1 hashes and private messages.