Philippines’ Defense Chief Says China Intends to Occupy More South China Sea Areas
April 4, 2021 8:37 pm
Tags: Asia & Pacific, China, Chinese Regime, World
Categories: Asia & Pacific China Chinese Regime Epoch Times JoshWho News World
MANILA—The Philippines’ defense chief said on Sunday that Beijing was looking to occupy more areas in the South China Sea, citing the continued presence of Chinese vessels that Manila believes are manned by militias in disputed parts of the strategic waterway.
“The continued presence of Chinese maritime militias in the area reveals their intent to further occupy (areas) in the West Philippine Sea,” Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said in a statement, using the local name for the South China Sea.
It was the second statement by Lorenzana in two days as he repeated calls by the Philippines for the Chinese boats to leave Whitsun Reef, which Manila calls the Julian Felipe Reef, located within its 200-mile exclusive economic zone.
Chinese diplomats have said the boats anchored near the reef—numbering more than 200 based on initial intelligence gathered by Philippine patrols—were sheltering from rough seas and that no militia were aboard.
On Saturday, Lorenzana said there were still 44 Chinese vessels at Whitsun Reef despite improved weather conditions.
“I am no fool. The weather has been good so far, so they have no reason to stay there,” he said.
The Chinese Embassy in Manila responded to Lorenzana’s comments, saying it was “completely normal” for Chinese vessels to fish in the area and take shelter near the reef during rough sea conditions. It added, “Nobody has the right to make wanton remarks on such activities.”
An international tribunal invalidated Beijing’s claim to 90 percent of the South China Sea in 2016, but the Chinese Communist Party said it does not recognize the ruling and has built artificial islands in the disputed waters equipped with radar, missiles batteries and hangars for fighter jets.
“They have done this (occupy disputed areas) before at Panatag Shoal or Bajo de Masinloc and at Panganiban Reef, brazenly violating Philippine sovereignty and sovereign rights under international law,” Lorenzana said in his Sunday statement.
The JoshWho Network – Email, Chat, Search, Games, News and More…. – Let the Internet be Fun and Free Again
- North Korea Claims 1.4 Million People Just Enlisted To Fight ‘Imperialist’ US March 20, 2023
- The Lords Of Chaos: Iraq Invasion 20 Years Later March 20, 2023
- A “Stock Clearance”: Most Major Automakers Slash Prices In China As Demand Stalls March 20, 2023
- Too Wrong To Fail March 20, 2023
- Biden Signs Legislation to Declassify Coronavirus Origins, Overturn D.C. Crime Bill March 20, 2023
- Americans To Bear Burden Of Monetary System’s Gradual Deterioration, Economist Says March 20, 2023
- Kolanovic Sees Growing Odds Of A “Minsky Moment In Markets” March 20, 2023
- New York Most Expensive State To Retire In, New Study Finds March 20, 2023
- Socialism Isn’t About Creating Economies. It Is About Amassing Political Power March 20, 2023
- Joe Manchin Slams Biden for Prioritizing ‘Radical Policy Agenda’ After Vetoing Anti-ESG Bill March 20, 2023
- US Studies How To Guarantee All $18 Trillion In US Bank Deposits March 20, 2023
- California Hospital Refuses Transplant Surgery For Unvaccinated Woman With End-Stage Kidney Disease March 20, 2023
- Record $304 Billion In Weekly FHLB Debt Issuance Hints At Staggering Size Of US Bank Run March 20, 2023
- Franklin Graham: Christians Must ‘Pray Specifically’ for Trump in Light of ‘Politically Motivated’ Attacks March 20, 2023
- 16 Terrorists On FBI Watchlist Crossed Southern Border In February Alone; CBP Data Shows March 20, 2023
- Oregon Teacher Caught Asking Students To Describe Their Sexual Fantasies In Short Stories March 20, 2023
- EU Contagion Risk Spreads As CDS Market Puts Focus On Deutsche Bank March 20, 2023
- “That’s Not True”: President Biden Moves Toward The Evil Twin Family Defense March 20, 2023
- Bed, Bath And Beyond Bludgeoned Below A Buck, But Still Not Bankrupt March 20, 2023
- Xi Arrives In Moscow As Putin Says Both Facing “Fierce & Aggressive” United States March 20, 2023
JoshWho TV News
- Nothing to display Yet Coming Soon...
Latest Hacked Sites
- Shopper+ - 878,290 breached accounts March 11, 2023In March 2023, "Canada's online shopping mall" Shopper+ disclosed a data breach discovered on a public hacking forum. The breach dated back to September 2020 and included 878k customer records with email and physical addresses, names, phone numbers and in some cases, genders and dates of birth.
- HDB Financial Services - 1,658,750 breached accounts March 11, 2023In March 2023, the Indian non-bank lending unit HDB Financial Services suffered a data breach that disclosed over 70M customer records. Containing 1.6M unique email addresses, the breach also disclosed names, dates of birth, phone numbers, genders, post codes and loan information belonging to the customers.
- Eye4Fraud - 16,000,591 breached accounts March 6, 2023In February 2023, data alleged to have been taken from the fraud protection service Eye4Fraud was listed for sale on a popular hacking forum. Spanning tens of millions of rows with 16M unique email addresses, the data was spread across 147 tables totalling 65GB and included both direct users of the service and what appears […]
- iD Tech - 415,121 breached accounts March 6, 2023In February 2023, the tech camps for kids service iD Tech had almost 1M records posted to a popular hacking forum. The data included 415k unique email addresses, names, dates of birth and plain text passwords which appear to have been breached in the previous month. iD Tech did not respond to multiple attempts to […]
- LBB - 39,288 breached accounts March 5, 2023In August 2022, customer data of the Indian shopping site "LBB" (Little Black Book) was posted to a popular hacking forum. The data contained over 3M records with 39k unique email addresses alongside IP and physical addresses, names and device information with the most recent data dating back to early 2019. LBB advised they believe […]
- GunAuction.com - 565,470 breached accounts March 2, 2023In December 2022, the online firearms auction website GunAuction.com suffered a data breach which was later discovered left unprotected on the hacker's server. The data included over 565k user records with extensive personal data including email, IP and physical addresses, names, phone numbers, genders, years of birth, credit card type and passwords stored in plain […]
- Convex - 150,129 breached accounts February 26, 2023In February 2023, the Russian telecommunications provider Convex was hacked by "Anonymous" who subsequently released 128GB of data publicly, alleging it revealed illegal government surveillance. The leaked data contained 150k unique email, IP and physical addresses, names and phone numbers.
- RealDudesInc - 101,543 breached accounts February 19, 2023In October 2022, the GTA mod menu provider RealDudesInc suffered a data breach that exposed over 100k email addresses (many of which are temporary guest account addresses). The breach also included usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- Weee - 1,117,405 breached accounts February 8, 2023In February 2023, data belonging to the Asian and Hispanic food delivery service Weee appeared on a popular hacking forum. Dating back to mid-2022, the data included 1.1M unique email addresses from 11M rows of orders containing names, phone numbers and delivery instructions.
- LimeVPN - 23,348 breached accounts February 6, 2023In October 2020, the VPN provider LimeVPN suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of tens of thousands of customers. The data included email, IP and physical addresses, names, phone numbers, purchase histories and passwords stored as salted MD5 hashes.
The Daily Caller
Massive Strike Cancels Classes For 400,000 Kids In Nation’s Second-Largest School DistrictMarch 21, 2023'Not in negotiations'
Someone Took A Dump In The Aisle While Hillary And Chelsea Clinton Watched Broadway Show, ApparentlyMarch 21, 2023The Phantom Pooper of Schubert Theater strikes again!
Legal Scholars Theorize Oil Companies Could Be Prosecuted For ‘Climate Homicide’March 21, 2023'There aren’t really any legal or factual barriers to prosecution'
Lindsey Graham Weighs In On Trump-DeSantis FeudMarch 21, 2023'He's been a good governor, I'm better able to be president'
Saudi Arabia Frees American Citizen Jailed For Criticizing Crown PrinceMarch 21, 2023Saad Almadi had tweeted critically from his Florida home
Madeliene McCann disappearance: 'practically impossible' for Polish woman to be missing girl, AI revealsMarch 21, 2023Julia Fustyana, a Polish woman claiming she may be Madeleine McCann, is likely not the missing British toddler, according to a Swiss AI company that compares photos of faces.
California sees 12th atmospheric river event with more snow on the wayMarch 21, 2023California residents are being warned about impacts from yet another atmospheric river event on Tuesday that is expected to bring heavy rain, more mountain snow and strong winds.
Chinese public not buying Beijing's rosy view of Xi-Putin meeting following arrest warrantMarch 21, 2023Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping published articles in major news outlets in their counterpart's home nations to outline their views and push for greater cooperation.
Some Democrats fear arresting Trump could backfire, question strength of chargesMarch 21, 2023Some Democrats say Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg may benefit Trump by leveling weak charges against him, lending credence to Trump's claims that he is the victim of a "witch hunt."
San Francisco's reparations plan and me, 12 rules for fighting school boards and more Fox News OpinionMarch 21, 2023Read the latest Fox News Opinion columns and watch videos from Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham and more.
LA meteorologist reveals medical reason she collapsed on live TV, urges viewers to stay hydratedMarch 21, 2023A Los Angeles meteorologist who fainted on live television last week has recovered and is now sharing the medical reason behind why she collapsed.
House Democrats explode at GOP attempt to 'interfere' with Manhattan DA's Trump indictment: 'Abuse of power'March 21, 2023House Dems expressed outrage after GOP lawmakers demanded Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg turn over documents related to his investigation into former President Trump ahead of a possible indictment this week.
Bodies of missing Florida boaters recovered at lake after anchor mishap, sheriff saysMarch 21, 2023Dive teams in Polk County, Florida, recovered the bodies Jeffrey Marrero, 34, and Orlando Ortiz, 32, from Lake Eloise in Winter Haven nearly two days after the men vanished.
US Catholic bishops condemn gender transition procedures in public letterMarch 21, 2023The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops published a pastoral note on Monday condemning gender transition procedures, saying they do not "respect the fundamental order."
Sex offenders accused of raping underage girls while staying in hotel through CA homeless voucher programMarch 21, 2023Republican El Cajon Mayor Bill Wells threatens to no longer cooperate with California's program "even if it means getting sued" after the alleged rape of teen girls.
Home of Elizabeth Warren's son heavily damaged by fireMarch 21, 2023A home in Medford, Massachusetts, owned by Alexander Warren -- the son of Sen. Elizabeth Warren -- has been severely damaged in a fire Tuesday.
The reality behind bromance between Russia's Putin and China's XiMarch 21, 2023The lengthy huddle between the leaders of China and Russia reveals an increasingly desperate Putin and an opportunistic regime in Beijing.
We the parents followed these 12 rules to fight America's most notorious school boardMarch 21, 2023We helped led the fight in Loudoun County, Virginia and pressured our public education system to focus on academics instead of social indoctrination.
'Jeopardy!' fans furious when contestant wins after giving incorrect responseMarch 21, 2023"Jeopardy!" fans are angry over a perceived incorrect answer that was allowed on Monday night's episode, altering the outcome of the game.
Georgetown names Ed Cooley as head coach to replace Patrick EwingMarch 21, 2023The Georgetown Hoyas announced Ed Cooley as its next head coach on Monday, replacing Patrick Ewing who was fired after six seasons at the school.
- Inside the Tent Camp Housing Thousands of Migrant Children – ‘No Place for a Child’
Migrant children and families are sleeping shoulder to shoulder on mats in a Texas border facility designed for 250 people that is now holding more than 4,100, according to some of the first photographs to emerge from the crowded camp that has become a focal point of the Biden administration’s struggles to absorb thousands of […]
- Atl Suspect’s Fixation on Sex Is Familiar Thorn for Evangelicals
“Sex addiction” is not an established psychiatric diagnosis, and there is a debate in the mental health community about how to define and treat compulsive sexual behavior. “There’s no evidence-based treatment for sex addiction,” said Joshua Grubbs, an assistant professor of psychology at Bowling Green State University and a clinical psychologist. Evangelical sex addiction treatment […]
- Tom Cotton Mocks Social Justice Warriors at New York Times in CPAC Speech
Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) on Friday mocked “social justice warriors” at the New York Times and their “meltdown” this summer over his op-ed in the paper calling for troops to restore order during the rioting at the time. Speaking on the first day of the Conservative Political Action Committee (CPAC) in Orlando, Florida, Cotton recalled how hundreds […]
- Congress Clears 2-Day Spending Extension to Finalize Stimulus Deal
Negotiators worked into Friday night to put the finishing touches on key details of the stimulus compromise, continuing negotiations on how long unemployment benefits should last, how to distribute federal relief for small businesses and the extension of a federal eviction moratorium. The plan was expected to revive the Paycheck Protection Program, a loan program […]
- SACRAMENTO Unemployment Scam Using Inmates Names Costing California Hundreds of Millions
SACRAMENTO — A rash of fraudulent pandemic unemployment claims filed under the names of jail and prison inmates, including more than 100 on death row, has bilked California out of hundreds of millions of dollars, a law enforcement task force said Tuesday. In a letter to Gov. Gavin Newsom, the task force, led by district […]
- Politics, Science and the Remarkable Race for a Corona Vaccine
WASHINGTON — The call was tense, the message discouraging. Moncef Slaoui, the head of the Trump administration’s effort to quickly produce a vaccine for the coronavirus, was on the phone at 6 p.m. on Aug. 25 to tell the upstart biotech firm Moderna that it had to slow the final stage of testing its vaccine […]
- Newsom Do as I Say, Not as I Dine Coronavirus Message
SAN FRANCISCO — It was an intimate meal in a wood-paneled, private dining room in one of California’s most exclusive restaurants. No one around the table wore masks, not the lobbyists, not even the governor. [Sign up for California Today, our daily newsletter from the Golden State.] Photos that surfaced this week of a dinner […]
- Donald Trump Shreds ‘Fake News Media’ in Series of Videos: ‘Not Reporting with Credibility Has Its Consequences’
Former President Donald Trump shredded the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN, and MSNBC as “fake news media” in a series of videos shared to his Truth Social account and his campaign’s war room Twitter account on Wednesday. “The fake news media like CNN, MSDNC – which is sometimes referred to as MSNBC –the […]
- Media Ignore Physical Attack on Republican Gen. Don Bolduc
The establishment media have ignored the physical attack against Republican New Hampshire candidate Gen. Don Bolduc. The three top establishment newspapers, the New York Times, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times, all failed to report the physical attack on Gen. Bolduc that occurred moments before Wednesday’s debate with Democrat Maggie Hassan (D-NH). The media’s decision […]
- Sex Offender Thanks Ketanji Brown Jackson for Three-Month Prison Sentence: ‘She Knew This Was Going to Hold Me Back … So She Didn’t Really Want to Add on to That’
The registered sex offender who was given three months in prison by Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, nominated for the Supreme Court by President Joe Biden, is speaking out and seemingly thanking the judge for her lenient sentence in his case. In 2013, Jackson sentenced then-19-year-old Wesley Hawkins to three months in prison, three months of […]
- 15 Media Personalities Claimed Hunter’s Laptop Emails Were Likely Russian Propaganda Before New York Times Admitted
Fifteen establishment media personalities claimed Hunter Biden’s laptop emails were likely Russian propaganda before the New York Times admitted it Wednesday. After nearly two years of dismissing Hunter’s tantalizing emails uncovered before the 2020 presidential election, the Times admitted the laptop was authentic, in direct contradiction of many in the Democrat-allied media. The media personalities seemingly went […]
- Covington Teen Nicholas Sandmann Settles $275 Million Defamation Lawsuit with NBC
Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann announced Friday that he settled a $275 million defamation lawsuit against NBC. Neither party publicized the terms of the settlement. However, Sandmann asked for $275 million in damages in his lawsuit against NBC Universal and MSNBC. “At this time I would like to release that NBC and I […]
- Washington Post Columnist Calls on CNN to Correct Its Dossier Reporting — After WaPo Corrects Its Own
A Washington Post columnist criticized CNN for not correcting its reporting that the dossier put together by Fusion GPS and ex-British spy Christopher Steele — which claimed the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia — was “corroborated.” The paper’s media critic, Erik Wemple, wrote Friday that CNN hosts and reporters had long-claimed the Steele dossier had […]
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’
The Washington Post, the leftist legacy media outlet whose motto is “Democracy Dies in Darkness,” admitted to publishing fake news about the public’s discontent with floundering President Joe Biden. During a September speech by Donald Trump Jr. in Georgia, the crowd broke into a “F*ck Joe Biden” chant at the prompting of the former president’s […]
Google Releases Bard, Its Competitor in the AI Chatbot Race - The New York TimesMarch 21, 2023
Fox News v Dominion: $1.6bn defamation fight heads to court - The GuardianMarch 21, 2023
Israeli minister denies the existence of a Palestinian identity, inviting US rebuke - CNNMarch 21, 2023
Los Angeles Schools Close as Workers Begin Three-Day Strike - The New York TimesMarch 21, 2023
Crews in California brace for more flooding as another atmospheric river approaches, bringing heavy rain and fierce winds - CNNMarch 21, 2023
Watch Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen speak live to banking conference - CNBCMarch 21, 2023
Trump grand jury live updates: Waiting game on looming indictment in porn star Stormy Daniels payoff - CNBCMarch 21, 2023
Colorado dentist accused of poisoning his wife had ordered arsenic and searched for 'how to make poison,' affidavit says - CNNMarch 21, 2023
Video shows Irvo Otieno being pinned to the floor in the moments before his death - CNNMarch 21, 2023
Japanese and Chinese leaders visit opposing capitals in Ukraine war - BBCMarch 21, 2023
These New Yorkers Hate the New ‘We ❤️ NYC’ Logo - The New York TimesMarch 21, 2023
New York, DC wait for Manhattan DA's next move in hush money probe - CNNMarch 21, 2023
Man’s attempt to kidnap child from school bus stop thwarted by group of kids: Police - ABC NewsMarch 21, 2023
Biden to create new national monuments in Texas, Nevada - The Washington PostMarch 21, 2023
Live updates: Xi Jinping, Vladimir Putin hold formal talks on Moscow visit day 2 - The Washington PostMarch 21, 2023