New Zealand Quarantine Worker Tests Positive for CCP Virus
April 7, 2021 10:31 pm
Tags: Asia & Pacific, Australia, CCP Virus, hotel quarantine, New Zealand, World
Categories: Asia & Pacific Australia CCP Virus Epoch Times hotel quarantine JoshWho News New Zealand World
The 24-year-old security worker at Grand Millennium managed isolation facility in Auckland returned a positive swab test on Tuesday after complaining of a sore throat.
New Zealand Director-General of Health Dr. Ashley Bloomfield told reporters that the man had not been vaccinated.
“The person returned high CT values , which can mean it is either early on in their infection, nearing the end, or the case is historical,” the health ministry announced on Thursday. “An urgent repeat test is being carried out today to give health officials a better understanding of this person’s infection. Whole Genome Sequencing will be carried out.”
Today we are reporting 1 new case of #COVID19 in a border worker as well as 19 cases in managed isolation and 4 historical cases .
Read the full update at https://t.co/Gx7XNrtc5X
— Ministry of Health – Manatū Hauora (@minhealthnz) April 8, 2021
The hotel quarantine worker lives alone and travels to work with a colleague who has been informed and is self-isolating at home, the health ministry said. The close contact will be tested today but has been vaccinated.
“Auckland public health officials have this morning carried out scoping interviews with the case to determine any locations of interest, but at this stage, we understand the case was not at work yesterday and did not visit anyone,” the health ministry said. “If any locations of interest are identified, we will update the Ministry’s website and send out push notifications.”
This is the second time a worker from the Grand Millennium managed isolation facility in Auckland has contracted COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.
A cleaner tested positive on March 22 for the UK variant, with genomic sequencing revealing a match with a returnee who had been in the facility.
The Grand Millennium will now go through an out-of-cycle Infection Prevention and Control audit.
Further to the one new border-related case at the Grand Millennium, there are 19 new positive CCP virus cases in managed isolation.
New Zealand has 95 active cases in total.
- Bill Maher Slams “Fat Celebration” And “Body Positivity” August 7, 2022
- Gold Is Going To Go! August 7, 2022
- 20 Total Chinese & Taiwan Warships In ‘Close Quarters’ Standoff In Strait As Drills Wind Down August 7, 2022
- The Growing Threat From North Korea August 6, 2022
- Donald Trump: Next President Must ‘Remove Rogue Bureaucrats and Root out the Deep State’ August 6, 2022
- The Cost Of Mining Bitcoin In 198 Different Countries August 6, 2022
- Despite Strict Gun Control, California Had The Most Active Shooter Incidents In 2021: FBI August 6, 2022
- Christian High School In Manhattan Hosted Mandatory Drag Show In Place Of Church Service August 6, 2022
- WATCH: Gaza Terror Group Misfires; Rocket Lands on Palestinian House August 6, 2022
- Sowell: The Point Of No Return August 6, 2022
- What Is ESG? It’s A Leveraging Tool For The Woke Communist Takeover August 6, 2022
- Exclusive — Trump-Backed Leora Levy: ‘I am Running to Rid Connecticut of the Blumenthal Blight’ August 6, 2022
- Indiana Enacts Near Total Abortion Ban August 6, 2022
- The Greatest Value Investor You’ve Never Heard Of August 6, 2022
- “Situation Is Really Precarious”: World’s Largest Rice Exporter Faces Output Decline Amid Heatwave August 6, 2022
- Poll: Florida ‘More Desirable’ to Live in than Blue New York, California August 6, 2022
- Majority Say Their Financial Situation Is ‘Getting Worse’ Under Biden August 6, 2022
- Report: Vice President Joe Biden Met with CCP-Linked Energy Executives at White House in 2014 August 6, 2022
- UN Chief Urges Tax On Oil Industry For “Grotesque Greed” August 6, 2022
- Taiwan Says China’s Drills Are Simulating A Full Attack On The Island August 6, 2022
- 1,685,083 hits