New Zealand Quarantine Worker Tests Positive for CCP Virus
April 7, 2021 10:31 pm
Tags: Asia & Pacific, Australia, CCP Virus, hotel quarantine, New Zealand, World
Categories: Asia & Pacific Australia CCP Virus Epoch Times hotel quarantine JoshWho News New Zealand World
The 24-year-old security worker at Grand Millennium managed isolation facility in Auckland returned a positive swab test on Tuesday after complaining of a sore throat.
New Zealand Director-General of Health Dr. Ashley Bloomfield told reporters that the man had not been vaccinated.
“The person returned high CT values , which can mean it is either early on in their infection, nearing the end, or the case is historical,” the health ministry announced on Thursday. “An urgent repeat test is being carried out today to give health officials a better understanding of this person’s infection. Whole Genome Sequencing will be carried out.”
Today we are reporting 1 new case of #COVID19 in a border worker as well as 19 cases in managed isolation and 4 historical cases .
Read the full update at https://t.co/Gx7XNrtc5X
— Ministry of Health – Manatū Hauora (@minhealthnz) April 8, 2021
The hotel quarantine worker lives alone and travels to work with a colleague who has been informed and is self-isolating at home, the health ministry said. The close contact will be tested today but has been vaccinated.
“Auckland public health officials have this morning carried out scoping interviews with the case to determine any locations of interest, but at this stage, we understand the case was not at work yesterday and did not visit anyone,” the health ministry said. “If any locations of interest are identified, we will update the Ministry’s website and send out push notifications.”
This is the second time a worker from the Grand Millennium managed isolation facility in Auckland has contracted COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.
A cleaner tested positive on March 22 for the UK variant, with genomic sequencing revealing a match with a returnee who had been in the facility.
The Grand Millennium will now go through an out-of-cycle Infection Prevention and Control audit.
Further to the one new border-related case at the Grand Millennium, there are 19 new positive CCP virus cases in managed isolation.
New Zealand has 95 active cases in total.
- Two Great Months For US Stocks Promise Too Much for Own Good December 5, 2022
- The Bubble Economy’s Credit-Asset Death Spiral December 5, 2022
- Musk Tells Millions In Twitter Spaces That Apple Ads “Fully Resumed” After Spat December 5, 2022
- All About That Base, No Trouble December 5, 2022
- FBI Warned Twitter Of ‘Hack-And-Leak’ Operation Before Hunter Biden Story Censored December 5, 2022
- US Economic “Malaise Spreading” – Services PMI Signals Q4 Economic Contraction December 5, 2022
- EU NatGas Prices Jump As Cold Blast Draws Down On Fuel Storage December 5, 2022
- Oil Rises After OPEC+ Keeps Production Unchanged After Launch Of Russia Price Cap December 5, 2022
- Gunfire On Two NC Substations Plunges Tens of Thousands Into Darkness And Cold December 5, 2022
- EU Is Erecting Russian War Crimes Tribunal: “Russia Must Pay” December 5, 2022
- China Operating Illegal Police Stations Worldwide December 4, 2022
- Parents Catch FBI In Plot To Force Mentally Ill Son To Be A Right Wing Terrorist – This is how they been doing it for years December 4, 2022
- “Utterly False”: Musk Blasts New York Times For Hate Speech Report On Twitter December 4, 2022
- Six Degrees From James Baker: A Familiar Figure Reemerges With Release Of Twitter Files December 4, 2022
- Nonprofit Blood Donation Service Starts Matching Unvaccinated Patients With Donors December 4, 2022
- Poll: Near Majority of Republicans Want Less Foreign Aid as Congress Poised to Grant Ukraine $37 Billion December 4, 2022
- Wokeism Is Costume Elites Wear To ‘Signal Virtue’ And ‘Hide Greed, Corruption’: Former Levi’s Executive December 4, 2022
- California, a Free State Since 1850, May Pay $233k in Reparations per Slavery Descendant December 4, 2022
- Sam Bankman-Fried Dodges on Call to Testify at Maxine Waters’ Request on FTX Collapse December 4, 2022
- UC San Diego Students Say Strike Disrupting Classes, Exams December 4, 2022
- Not Acxiom (unverified) - 51,730,831 breached accounts November 22, 2022In 2020, a corpus of data containing almost a quarter of a billion records spanning over 400 different fields was misattributed to database marketing company Acxiom and subsequently circulated within the hacking community. On review, Acxiom concluded that "the claims are indeed false and that the data, which has been readily available across multiple environments, […]
- GGCorp - 2,376,330 breached accounts November 8, 2022In August 2022, the MMORPG website GGCorp suffered a data breach that exposed almost 2.4M unique email addresses. The data also included IP addresses, usernames and MD5 password hashes.
- Lolzteam - 398,011 breached accounts November 6, 2022In May 2018, the Russian hacking forum Lolzteam suffered a data breach that exposed 400k members. The impacted data included usernames and email addresses which were later redistributed via another hacking forum. The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested it be attributed to "ZAN @ BF".
- Doomworld - 34,478 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the Doomworld fourm suffered a data breach that exposed 34k member records. The data included email and IP addresses, usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- E-Pal - 108,887 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the service dedicated to finding friends on Discord known as E-Pal disclosed a data breach. The compromised data included over 100k unique email addresses and usernames spanning approximately 1M orders. The data was subsequently distributed via a popular hacking forum.
- Wakanim - 6,706,951 breached accounts October 6, 2022In August 2022, the European streaming service Wakanim suffered a data breach which was subsequently advertised and sold on a popular hacking forum. The breach exposed 6.7M customer records including email, IP and physical addresses, names and usernames.
- Bhinneka - 1,274,340 breached accounts October 6, 2022In early 2020, the Indonesian consumer electronics website Bhinneka suffered a data breach that exposed almost 1.3M customer records. The data included email and physical addresses, names, genders, dates of birth, phone numbers and salted password hashes.
- TAP Air Portugal - 5,067,990 breached accounts September 23, 2022In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Brand New Tube - 349,627 breached accounts September 8, 2022In August 2022, the streaming website Brand New Tube suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of almost 350k subscribers. The impacted data included email and IP addresses, usernames, genders, passwords stored as unsalted SHA-1 hashes and private messages.
- START - 7,455,386 breached accounts August 30, 2022In August 2022, news broke of an attack against the Russian streaming service "START". The incident led to the exposure of 44M records containing 7.4M unique email addresses. The impacted data also included the subscriber's country and password hash. START subsequently acknowledged the incident in a Telegram post and stated that the data dated back […]