Meloni Vows to Fight Against Energy ‘Speculators’ and Lower Costs for Italians
October 4, 2022 7:46 am
Tags: (fdi), against, and, Breitbart, brothers, Brothers of Italy (FdI), costs, crisis, Economy, Energy, energy crisis, Europe, fight, for, Gas, giorgia, Giorgia Meloni, italians, Italy, joshwho, london, London / Europe, lower, meloni, natural, Natural Gas, News, Politics, speculators, vows
Categories: Breitbart News Brothers of Italy (FdI) Economy Energy energy crisis Giorgia Meloni Italy JoshWho News London / Europe Natural Gas Politics speculators
Italy’s likely next Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni has vowed to fight against speculators she claims are distorting the energy markets and lower the costs of energy for Italians while also promoting those who create wealth in the country.
The firebrand leader of the national-conservative Brothers of Italy (FdI) stated that energy costs for Italians remain a major priority for her likely incoming government.
“The priority will be the cost of energy, the issue is not how to compensate for speculation but how to stop it, we cannot continue to give billions to speculators,” Meloni told a crowd of the National Confederation of Direct Farmers (Coldiretti), Italy’s largest association representing agriculture, over the weekend, Il Giornale reports.
“You know that in these days I have thinned out my presence to study the most urgent dossiers, in case we are called to form the new government,” Meloni told the crowd and added, “But I decided to come here to you who represent Italian excellence and “Made in Italy’.”
Giorgia Meloni’s Brothers of Italy were the most popular party among workers and the middle class in last weekend’s election, while the wealthiest Italians, along with university graduates, were more likely to vote for left parties. https://t.co/R1hW01QTAr
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) September 29, 2022
“If we are called to govern this nation it is immediately clear that we have in mind to give effective and immediate answers to the main problems,” she said and added, “Our goal is to change the relationship between the State and citizens and the State and businesses. Our compass will be not to disturb those who want to do, not to disturb those who want to create wealth and those who want to give work. The State must enable them to do so.”
The looming winter energy crisis could be the first major test of a Meloni government as energy prices have already substantially increased for both consumers and for businesses.
Last month, owners of Italian restaurants bars and elsewhere publicly displayed their increased energy bills and asked assistance from the government after some had seen their costs triple or more.
Aldo Cursano, vice president of Fipe-Confcommercio, the association that organised the protests, stated, “With increases in energy costs of up to 300%, we are working with a gun to our heads.”
However, reports have claimed that Italy may be able to get through the winter after the government of outgoing Prime Minister Mario Draghi was able to negotiate increased gas deliveries from Algeria and Egypt that could replace Italy’s prior reliance on Russian gas supplies.
— Chris Tomlinson (@TomlinsonCJ) September 27, 2022
Follow Chris Tomlinson on Twitter at @TomlinsonCJ or email at ctomlinson(at)breitbart.com.
- Court Rejects Joe Biden Push to Remove Block on Student Debt Transfer Program December 1, 2022
- Continuing Jobless Claims Hit 10-Month Highs As Layoffs Exploded In November December 1, 2022
- Schiff: Fed Soft Pivot In Play; Markets Ignore Powell’s Hawkish Talk December 1, 2022
- Fed’s Favorite Inflation Signal Dips (Holds Near 40 Year Highs) As Savings Rate Crashed December 1, 2022
- EU Threatens to Ban Twitter Over Elon Musk’s Free Speech Plans December 1, 2022
- Biden Admin Pledges $53 Million To Help Restore Ukraine’s Damaged Power Grid December 1, 2022
- EU Threatens Musk With Twitter Ban Over Content Moderation December 1, 2022
- ‘Operation Pelican’: Details Of UK’s Secret Op To Seize Assange Revealed December 1, 2022
- Miami Nightclubs Are Starting To Miss Rich Crypto Nerds November 30, 2022
- Escobar: The Global South Births A New Game-Changing Payments System November 30, 2022
- Number Of Handgun Owners Carrying Daily Nearly Doubles In US November 30, 2022
- D.C. Think Tank Urges America To “Invest” In Zelensky’s $1 Trillion Reconstruction Plan November 30, 2022
- Texas Parent Shocks School Board With Graphic Library Books November 30, 2022
- “Crypto Bros” Dump G-Wagons And McLarens Amid Digital Asset Bust November 30, 2022
- Fact Check: Karine Jean-Pierre Falsely Claims Biden Has Visited Border November 30, 2022
- WH: We Won’t Tell Apple to Allow AirDrop in China Because They’re Private, That’s a Different Situation from Us Vowing to Watch Twitter November 30, 2022
- White House Laughs Off Kevin McCarthy’s Invitation to Joe Biden to Visit Southern Border November 30, 2022
- GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy Confident About Speaker Vote: ‘We’ll Get There’ Even If Multiple Ballots Are Needed November 30, 2022
- South Korea Scrambles Jets To Warn Off Inbound Chinese-Russian Joint Bomber Patrol November 30, 2022
- Wall Street Reacts To Powell’s Dovish Speech As Markets Explode Higher November 30, 2022
- Not Acxiom (unverified) - 51,730,831 breached accounts November 22, 2022In 2020, a corpus of data containing almost a quarter of a billion records spanning over 400 different fields was misattributed to database marketing company Acxiom and subsequently circulated within the hacking community. On review, Acxiom concluded that "the claims are indeed false and that the data, which has been readily available across multiple environments, […]
- GGCorp - 2,376,330 breached accounts November 8, 2022In August 2022, the MMORPG website GGCorp suffered a data breach that exposed almost 2.4M unique email addresses. The data also included IP addresses, usernames and MD5 password hashes.
- Lolzteam - 398,011 breached accounts November 6, 2022In May 2018, the Russian hacking forum Lolzteam suffered a data breach that exposed 400k members. The impacted data included usernames and email addresses which were later redistributed via another hacking forum. The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested it be attributed to "ZAN @ BF".
- Doomworld - 34,478 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the Doomworld fourm suffered a data breach that exposed 34k member records. The data included email and IP addresses, usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- E-Pal - 108,887 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the service dedicated to finding friends on Discord known as E-Pal disclosed a data breach. The compromised data included over 100k unique email addresses and usernames spanning approximately 1M orders. The data was subsequently distributed via a popular hacking forum.
- Wakanim - 6,706,951 breached accounts October 6, 2022In August 2022, the European streaming service Wakanim suffered a data breach which was subsequently advertised and sold on a popular hacking forum. The breach exposed 6.7M customer records including email, IP and physical addresses, names and usernames.
- Bhinneka - 1,274,340 breached accounts October 6, 2022In early 2020, the Indonesian consumer electronics website Bhinneka suffered a data breach that exposed almost 1.3M customer records. The data included email and physical addresses, names, genders, dates of birth, phone numbers and salted password hashes.
- TAP Air Portugal - 5,067,990 breached accounts September 23, 2022In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Brand New Tube - 349,627 breached accounts September 8, 2022In August 2022, the streaming website Brand New Tube suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of almost 350k subscribers. The impacted data included email and IP addresses, usernames, genders, passwords stored as unsalted SHA-1 hashes and private messages.
- START - 7,455,386 breached accounts August 30, 2022In August 2022, news broke of an attack against the Russian streaming service "START". The incident led to the exposure of 44M records containing 7.4M unique email addresses. The impacted data also included the subscriber's country and password hash. START subsequently acknowledged the incident in a Telegram post and stated that the data dated back […]