McDonald’s CEO Warns That More Companies Will Leave Crime Ridden Chicago
September 20, 2022 7:01 pm
Tags: CEO, Chicago, Companies, Crime, joshwho, leave, McDonald's, Media, more, News, ridden, that, warns, will, ZeroHedge
Categories: JoshWho News news media US News ZeroHedge
McDonald’s CEO Chris Kempczinski says exploding crime has made his employees feel unsafe to go to work and has made it impossible to hire new talent for the company’s Chicago offices. The Illinois city has seen over 494 homicides so far in 2022, which is at least 100 more deaths that it saw in the first 8 months of 2019. Burglary is up at least 36% and theft overall is up 70% from a year ago.
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is likely a large part of the problem. A notorious proponent of social justice ideology, Lightfoot vowed to crack down on anti-covid lockdown protesters but refused to do the same with BLM looting and rioting. Under her leadership Chicago has spiraled out of control. Lightfoot recently lauded a minor drop in homicides this year while ignoring the fact that deaths skyrocketed in 2020 and 2021, making the recent small decline far less meaningful.
Lightfoot called for defunding Chicago police by $80 million in 2020, only to then beg for federal law enforcement assistance in 2021. Chicago continues to be known as one of the most violent cities in America.
The concerns expressed by McDonald’s leadership parallels similar worries expressed by companies in democrat run cities across the US in terms of economic viability and safety. Numerous businesses have fled Los Angeles and San Francisco in the past two years, not just because of the draconian California lockdowns and mandates, but also because of rising crime and poverty.
As Kempczinski noted:
“The truth is, it’s more difficult today for me to convince a promising McDonald’s executive to relocate to Chicago from one of our other offices than it was just a few years ago.”
The ideological policies of the political left are proving to be completely incompatible with successful business practices. Over-taxation along with actual support for criminals over law abiding citizens and law enforcement are fueling an unstable environment supported by thin pillars of government assistance and welfare. One gets the sense that as bad as things are in blue cities, they could get a whole lot worse in the near future should a single “black swan” event take place.
This is not to say that some cities in red states don’t have their share of crime. Houston, Texas, for example, also has a problem with higher homicide rates the past couple of years, but keep in mind, Houston is also run by Democrats.
In other words, leftists in charge seem to be the common denominator when it comes to US cities facing high crime rates and economic decline. New Orleans, Louisiana, recently named the murder capital of the US, is ALSO run by Democrats. It’s an inescapable cause and effect relationship.
Three booming businesses, Citadel, Caterpillar, and Boeing, have all moved their headquarters out of Chicago as crime soars. Kempczinski encouraged public officials to address the crime or risk more companies leaving.
- North Korea Claims 1.4 Million People Just Enlisted To Fight ‘Imperialist’ US March 20, 2023
- The Lords Of Chaos: Iraq Invasion 20 Years Later March 20, 2023
- A “Stock Clearance”: Most Major Automakers Slash Prices In China As Demand Stalls March 20, 2023
- Too Wrong To Fail March 20, 2023
- Biden Signs Legislation to Declassify Coronavirus Origins, Overturn D.C. Crime Bill March 20, 2023
- Americans To Bear Burden Of Monetary System’s Gradual Deterioration, Economist Says March 20, 2023
- Kolanovic Sees Growing Odds Of A “Minsky Moment In Markets” March 20, 2023
- New York Most Expensive State To Retire In, New Study Finds March 20, 2023
- Socialism Isn’t About Creating Economies. It Is About Amassing Political Power March 20, 2023
- Joe Manchin Slams Biden for Prioritizing ‘Radical Policy Agenda’ After Vetoing Anti-ESG Bill March 20, 2023
- US Studies How To Guarantee All $18 Trillion In US Bank Deposits March 20, 2023
- California Hospital Refuses Transplant Surgery For Unvaccinated Woman With End-Stage Kidney Disease March 20, 2023
- Record $304 Billion In Weekly FHLB Debt Issuance Hints At Staggering Size Of US Bank Run March 20, 2023
- Franklin Graham: Christians Must ‘Pray Specifically’ for Trump in Light of ‘Politically Motivated’ Attacks March 20, 2023
- 16 Terrorists On FBI Watchlist Crossed Southern Border In February Alone; CBP Data Shows March 20, 2023
- Oregon Teacher Caught Asking Students To Describe Their Sexual Fantasies In Short Stories March 20, 2023
- EU Contagion Risk Spreads As CDS Market Puts Focus On Deutsche Bank March 20, 2023
- “That’s Not True”: President Biden Moves Toward The Evil Twin Family Defense March 20, 2023
- Bed, Bath And Beyond Bludgeoned Below A Buck, But Still Not Bankrupt March 20, 2023
- Xi Arrives In Moscow As Putin Says Both Facing “Fierce & Aggressive” United States March 20, 2023
JoshWho TV News
- Nothing to display Yet Coming Soon...
Latest Hacked Sites
- Shopper+ - 878,290 breached accounts March 11, 2023In March 2023, "Canada's online shopping mall" Shopper+ disclosed a data breach discovered on a public hacking forum. The breach dated back to September 2020 and included 878k customer records with email and physical addresses, names, phone numbers and in some cases, genders and dates of birth.
- HDB Financial Services - 1,658,750 breached accounts March 11, 2023In March 2023, the Indian non-bank lending unit HDB Financial Services suffered a data breach that disclosed over 70M customer records. Containing 1.6M unique email addresses, the breach also disclosed names, dates of birth, phone numbers, genders, post codes and loan information belonging to the customers.
- Eye4Fraud - 16,000,591 breached accounts March 6, 2023In February 2023, data alleged to have been taken from the fraud protection service Eye4Fraud was listed for sale on a popular hacking forum. Spanning tens of millions of rows with 16M unique email addresses, the data was spread across 147 tables totalling 65GB and included both direct users of the service and what appears […]
- iD Tech - 415,121 breached accounts March 6, 2023In February 2023, the tech camps for kids service iD Tech had almost 1M records posted to a popular hacking forum. The data included 415k unique email addresses, names, dates of birth and plain text passwords which appear to have been breached in the previous month. iD Tech did not respond to multiple attempts to […]
- LBB - 39,288 breached accounts March 5, 2023In August 2022, customer data of the Indian shopping site "LBB" (Little Black Book) was posted to a popular hacking forum. The data contained over 3M records with 39k unique email addresses alongside IP and physical addresses, names and device information with the most recent data dating back to early 2019. LBB advised they believe […]
- GunAuction.com - 565,470 breached accounts March 2, 2023In December 2022, the online firearms auction website GunAuction.com suffered a data breach which was later discovered left unprotected on the hacker's server. The data included over 565k user records with extensive personal data including email, IP and physical addresses, names, phone numbers, genders, years of birth, credit card type and passwords stored in plain […]
- Convex - 150,129 breached accounts February 26, 2023In February 2023, the Russian telecommunications provider Convex was hacked by "Anonymous" who subsequently released 128GB of data publicly, alleging it revealed illegal government surveillance. The leaked data contained 150k unique email, IP and physical addresses, names and phone numbers.
- RealDudesInc - 101,543 breached accounts February 19, 2023In October 2022, the GTA mod menu provider RealDudesInc suffered a data breach that exposed over 100k email addresses (many of which are temporary guest account addresses). The breach also included usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- Weee - 1,117,405 breached accounts February 8, 2023In February 2023, data belonging to the Asian and Hispanic food delivery service Weee appeared on a popular hacking forum. Dating back to mid-2022, the data included 1.1M unique email addresses from 11M rows of orders containing names, phone numbers and delivery instructions.
- LimeVPN - 23,348 breached accounts February 6, 2023In October 2020, the VPN provider LimeVPN suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of tens of thousands of customers. The data included email, IP and physical addresses, names, phone numbers, purchase histories and passwords stored as salted MD5 hashes.
The Daily Caller
US Bishops Warn Against Catholic Doctors Performing ‘Gender Transition Procedures’March 21, 2023'Morally justifed'
This Star-Studded Muslim-American Talk Show Is Getting a Permanent Home in FloridaMarch 21, 2023The Deen Show, a leading first-of-its-kind Muslim-American TV talk show produced and hosted by Eddie Redzovic, is getting a permanent home in Tampa, Florida. The show will be based in Redzovic’s newly opened Deen Center, which features a mosque and an Educational learning center. Throughout its seventeen-year run, The Deen Show has been one of […]
Trump Jumps In Polls As DeSantis SinksMarch 21, 2023Trump received 54% of support in a potential Republican primary poll
GE Announces Successful Test Of Green Tech That Sucks Carbon From The AirMarch 21, 2023'DAC solution around the end of this decade'
You Deserve To Lose Your American Card If These Hype Videos Don’t Get You Amped For The WBC ChampionshipMarch 21, 2023You're about to be real proud to be an American
Amanda Bynes put on 72-hour psychiatric hold after found ‘completely naked’ in Los Angeles streets: policeMarch 21, 2023After former Nickelodeon child star Amanda Bynes was found completely nude and roaming around the Los Angeles streets, LAPD placed the actress on a 72-hour psychiatric hold.
McCarthy vows end to massive ‘omnibus’ spending bills: ‘Not going to happen’March 21, 2023House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said House passage of a giant "omnibus" spending bill is 'not going to happen' under GOP leadership, after Democrats approved last year's $1.7T bill.
Uyghurs demand Xi Jinping’s arrest after international court issues warrant for PutinMarch 21, 2023Uyghur activists once again call on the International Criminal Court to go after Chinese President Xi Jinping for gross human rights abuses, including genocide, after an arrest warrant was issued against Russian President Vladimir Putin.
California Gov. Newsom strikes deal to punish fossil fuel companies after first proposal rejectedMarch 21, 2023California Gov. Gavin Newsom agreed to a watered-down proposal punishing Big Oil companies for charging high prices after a more aggressive version was swatted down.
Raiders' Jimmy Garoppolo receives raunchy offer from Nevada brothel workers: 'He's such a legit babe!'March 21, 2023Jimmy Garoppolo received an offer from Nevada brothel workers as he signed a deal with the Las Vegas Raiders. He joined the team on a three-year deal last week.
'Jurassic Park' actor Sam Neill says he's 'possibly dying' of cancer, 'The Wire' star Lance Reddick dead at 60March 21, 2023The Fox News Entertainment newsletter brings you the latest Hollywood headlines, celebrity interviews and stories from Los Angeles and beyond.
DEA issues dire warning on fentanyl mixed with flesh-eating 'Tranq' zombie drug seized in 48 of 50 statesMarch 21, 2023The DEA issued a public safety alert warning Americans of a sharp increase of the trafficking of fentanyl mixed with animal tranquilizer xylazine or "Tranq," which rots human flesh.
Keith Olbermann roasts new CNN CEO as ‘Captain Ahab’ of network, calls Licht Joe Scarborough's 'henchman guy'March 21, 2023Keith Olbermann launched a series of attacks on CNN CEO Chris Licht during his Monday podcast, calling him the "worst person" possible to run the network.
Idaho murders: State Senate passes bill to reinstate execution by firing squadMarch 21, 2023Idaho lawmakers have voted to reinstate death by firing squad for condemned inmates amid a shortage of the drugs used for lethal injection executions.
Portland police official tried to ‘mutilate’ evidence to shield husband in manslaughter case: PDMarch 21, 2023A Portland Police employee is being criminally charged after allegedly helping cover up her husband's involvement in the 2021 fatal brawl that killed Jack Dekker.
Manhattan DA issues scathing response to GOP letter on possible Trump indictment: 'We will not be intimidated'March 21, 2023A spokesperson for Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg responded to a GOP letter demanding Bragg testify on a potential Trump indictment.
First Electric Ford Explorer revealed, but you can't buy it in the USMarch 21, 2023The European electric Ford Explorer has been revealed. The compact SUV is built on a platform designed by Volkswagen and will be manufactured n Germany.
Madeleine McCann disappearance: 'Practically impossible' for Polish woman to be missing girl, AI revealsMarch 21, 2023Julia Fustyana, a Polish woman claiming she may be Madeleine McCann, is likely not the missing British toddler, according to a Swiss AI company that compares photos of faces.
California sees 12th atmospheric river event with more snow on the wayMarch 21, 2023California residents are being warned about impacts from yet another atmospheric river event on Tuesday that is expected to bring heavy rain, more mountain snow and strong winds.
Chinese public not buying Beijing's rosy view of Xi-Putin meeting following arrest warrantMarch 21, 2023Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping published articles in major news outlets in their counterpart's home nations to outline their views and push for greater cooperation.
- Inside the Tent Camp Housing Thousands of Migrant Children – ‘No Place for a Child’
Migrant children and families are sleeping shoulder to shoulder on mats in a Texas border facility designed for 250 people that is now holding more than 4,100, according to some of the first photographs to emerge from the crowded camp that has become a focal point of the Biden administration’s struggles to absorb thousands of […]
- Atl Suspect’s Fixation on Sex Is Familiar Thorn for Evangelicals
“Sex addiction” is not an established psychiatric diagnosis, and there is a debate in the mental health community about how to define and treat compulsive sexual behavior. “There’s no evidence-based treatment for sex addiction,” said Joshua Grubbs, an assistant professor of psychology at Bowling Green State University and a clinical psychologist. Evangelical sex addiction treatment […]
- Tom Cotton Mocks Social Justice Warriors at New York Times in CPAC Speech
Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) on Friday mocked “social justice warriors” at the New York Times and their “meltdown” this summer over his op-ed in the paper calling for troops to restore order during the rioting at the time. Speaking on the first day of the Conservative Political Action Committee (CPAC) in Orlando, Florida, Cotton recalled how hundreds […]
- Congress Clears 2-Day Spending Extension to Finalize Stimulus Deal
Negotiators worked into Friday night to put the finishing touches on key details of the stimulus compromise, continuing negotiations on how long unemployment benefits should last, how to distribute federal relief for small businesses and the extension of a federal eviction moratorium. The plan was expected to revive the Paycheck Protection Program, a loan program […]
- SACRAMENTO Unemployment Scam Using Inmates Names Costing California Hundreds of Millions
SACRAMENTO — A rash of fraudulent pandemic unemployment claims filed under the names of jail and prison inmates, including more than 100 on death row, has bilked California out of hundreds of millions of dollars, a law enforcement task force said Tuesday. In a letter to Gov. Gavin Newsom, the task force, led by district […]
- Politics, Science and the Remarkable Race for a Corona Vaccine
WASHINGTON — The call was tense, the message discouraging. Moncef Slaoui, the head of the Trump administration’s effort to quickly produce a vaccine for the coronavirus, was on the phone at 6 p.m. on Aug. 25 to tell the upstart biotech firm Moderna that it had to slow the final stage of testing its vaccine […]
- Newsom Do as I Say, Not as I Dine Coronavirus Message
SAN FRANCISCO — It was an intimate meal in a wood-paneled, private dining room in one of California’s most exclusive restaurants. No one around the table wore masks, not the lobbyists, not even the governor. [Sign up for California Today, our daily newsletter from the Golden State.] Photos that surfaced this week of a dinner […]
- Donald Trump Shreds ‘Fake News Media’ in Series of Videos: ‘Not Reporting with Credibility Has Its Consequences’
Former President Donald Trump shredded the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN, and MSNBC as “fake news media” in a series of videos shared to his Truth Social account and his campaign’s war room Twitter account on Wednesday. “The fake news media like CNN, MSDNC – which is sometimes referred to as MSNBC –the […]
- Media Ignore Physical Attack on Republican Gen. Don Bolduc
The establishment media have ignored the physical attack against Republican New Hampshire candidate Gen. Don Bolduc. The three top establishment newspapers, the New York Times, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times, all failed to report the physical attack on Gen. Bolduc that occurred moments before Wednesday’s debate with Democrat Maggie Hassan (D-NH). The media’s decision […]
- Sex Offender Thanks Ketanji Brown Jackson for Three-Month Prison Sentence: ‘She Knew This Was Going to Hold Me Back … So She Didn’t Really Want to Add on to That’
The registered sex offender who was given three months in prison by Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, nominated for the Supreme Court by President Joe Biden, is speaking out and seemingly thanking the judge for her lenient sentence in his case. In 2013, Jackson sentenced then-19-year-old Wesley Hawkins to three months in prison, three months of […]
- 15 Media Personalities Claimed Hunter’s Laptop Emails Were Likely Russian Propaganda Before New York Times Admitted
Fifteen establishment media personalities claimed Hunter Biden’s laptop emails were likely Russian propaganda before the New York Times admitted it Wednesday. After nearly two years of dismissing Hunter’s tantalizing emails uncovered before the 2020 presidential election, the Times admitted the laptop was authentic, in direct contradiction of many in the Democrat-allied media. The media personalities seemingly went […]
- Covington Teen Nicholas Sandmann Settles $275 Million Defamation Lawsuit with NBC
Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann announced Friday that he settled a $275 million defamation lawsuit against NBC. Neither party publicized the terms of the settlement. However, Sandmann asked for $275 million in damages in his lawsuit against NBC Universal and MSNBC. “At this time I would like to release that NBC and I […]
- Washington Post Columnist Calls on CNN to Correct Its Dossier Reporting — After WaPo Corrects Its Own
A Washington Post columnist criticized CNN for not correcting its reporting that the dossier put together by Fusion GPS and ex-British spy Christopher Steele — which claimed the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia — was “corroborated.” The paper’s media critic, Erik Wemple, wrote Friday that CNN hosts and reporters had long-claimed the Steele dossier had […]
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’
The Washington Post, the leftist legacy media outlet whose motto is “Democracy Dies in Darkness,” admitted to publishing fake news about the public’s discontent with floundering President Joe Biden. During a September speech by Donald Trump Jr. in Georgia, the crowd broke into a “F*ck Joe Biden” chant at the prompting of the former president’s […]
Trump grand jury live updates: Waiting game on looming indictment in porn star Stormy Daniels payoff - CNBCMarch 21, 2023
Deadly fungal infection spreading at an alarming rate, CDC says - NBC NewsMarch 21, 2023
House GOP uses its new power in extraordinary effort to shield Trump from indictment - CNNMarch 21, 2023
Biden to designate two new national monuments in Nevada and Texas - CNBCMarch 21, 2023
Is this normal? California is facing its 12th atmospheric river this winter following a historic drought - CNNMarch 21, 2023
Google Releases Bard, Its Competitor in the AI Chatbot Race - The New York TimesMarch 21, 2023
Switzerland's secretive Credit Suisse rescue rocks global finance - ReutersMarch 21, 2023
Fox News v Dominion: $1.6bn defamation fight heads to court - The GuardianMarch 21, 2023
Man’s attempt to kidnap child from school bus stop thwarted by group of kids: Police - ABC NewsMarch 21, 2023
Israeli minister denies the existence of a Palestinian identity, inviting US rebuke - CNNMarch 21, 2023
Los Angeles Schools Close as Workers Begin Three-Day Strike - The New York TimesMarch 21, 2023
Crews in California brace for more flooding as another atmospheric river approaches, bringing heavy rain and fierce winds - CNNMarch 21, 2023
Watch Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen speak live to banking conference - CNBCMarch 21, 2023
Japanese and Chinese leaders visit opposing capitals in Ukraine war - BBCMarch 21, 2023
These New Yorkers Hate the New ‘We ❤️ NYC’ Logo - The New York TimesMarch 21, 2023