Majority Say Their Financial Situation Is ‘Getting Worse’ Under Biden
August 6, 2022 11:09 am
Tags: biden, Breitbart, crisis, Economy, election, financial, financial crisis, getting, inflation, joe, Joe Biden, joshwho, majority, midterm, Midterm Election, News, Politics, poll, recession, say, situation, their, under, worse”
Categories: Breitbart News Economy financial crisis inflation Joe Biden JoshWho News Midterm Election Politics poll recession
Most voters say their financial situation is actively “getting worse” under President Biden’s leadership, a recent Harvard-Harris survey found.
Over half, according to the survey, say their financial situation is “getting worse” under Biden’s leadership — 56 percent. For a comparison, one year ago in July 2021, 33 percent said their financial situation was “getting worse.” And in January 2020, former President Trump’s last month in office, 20 percent said their financial situation was worsening, reflecting an ongoing increase throughout Biden’s presidency.
This coincides with a recent Suffolk University/USA TODAY survey, which found that 4 in 10 Americans are force to cut back on basic goods like groceries due to inflation.
The results come as Americans grapple with 41-year high inflation in Biden’s recession, as the country experienced two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth. In the second quarter of the year, Gross Domestic Product (GDP) shrank by 0.9 percent:
The economy contracted by 1.6 percent in the first quarter. Many Americans consider two straight quarters of recession to be the marker of a recession. Economists, however, rely on the determination of the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) to say when a recession starts. The NBER has a more complex and subjective definition of recessions and typically does not declare a recession until several months after it has begun.
This is problematic for Democrats as the midterm election moves closer, since 34 percent identify price increases and inflation as the most important issues facing the country today, followed by 29 percent who agree it is the economy and jobs. Additionally, inflation stands as the greatest concern for Americans, according to the survey.
A Rasmussen Reports survey released on Wednesday spelled further trouble for Democrats, as most believe the country is in a recession and that Democrats are to blame.
The Harvard-Harris survey was taken July 27-28, 2022, among 1,885 registered voters.
- “2023 Will Be Year From Hell” – Martin Armstrong Warns Europe ‘Could Suck The Rest Of The World Down The Tubes’ October 2, 2022
- VPN Usage Surges Amid Protests, Conflict, & War In 2022 October 2, 2022
- Gold & Geopolitics October 2, 2022
- Labour Opens Up Massive Lead In UK Polls October 2, 2022
- The War Has Just Begun October 2, 2022
- Cajun Navy Assisting with Hurricane Ian Rescue Efforts in Florida October 1, 2022
- Federal Judge Rules Against Stacey Abrams-Backed Group, Upholds 2018 Georgia Voting Law October 1, 2022
- Kristina Karamo: MAGA Movement ‘Will Unite Americans Across All Different Demographics’ October 1, 2022
- A Global Overview of Human Migration October 1, 2022
- Firearm Background-Checks Now Report Home Addresses Of Gun Owners October 1, 2022
- Democrat Lawmaker Calls for ‘New Leaders’ Within Own Party After Stock Trade Ban Vote Stalls October 1, 2022
- Visualizing The Global Wealth Pyramid October 1, 2022
- Navy Attempting To Remove Sailor Who Refused Vaccine Under ‘Pretext’ Of Attempted Desertion: Attorney October 1, 2022
- ‘Range Anxiety’ – How Far Can An EV Go On One Charge? October 1, 2022
- FBI Singles Out Conservative Agents In ‘Purge,’ Retaliates Against Whistleblowers: GOP Lawmakers October 1, 2022
- The Growing Global Reliance On Antidepressants October 1, 2022
- WATCH LIVE: Former President Donald Trump Holding ‘Save America’ Rally in Warren, Michigan October 1, 2022
- Malone: Human Cyborgs Are Just The Beginning October 1, 2022
- Senate GOP Judiciary Committee To Investigate ‘Excessive’ FBI Raid Of Pennsylvania Pro-Life Activist’s Home October 1, 2022
- Visualizing The World’s Population At 8 Billion October 1, 2022
- TAP Air Portugal - 5,067,990 breached accounts September 23, 2022In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Brand New Tube - 349,627 breached accounts September 8, 2022In August 2022, the streaming website Brand New Tube suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of almost 350k subscribers. The impacted data included email and IP addresses, usernames, genders, passwords stored as unsalted SHA-1 hashes and private messages.
- START - 7,455,386 breached accounts August 30, 2022In August 2022, news broke of an attack against the Russian streaming service "START". The incident led to the exposure of 44M records containing 7.4M unique email addresses. The impacted data also included the subscriber's country and password hash. START subsequently acknowledged the incident in a Telegram post and stated that the data dated back […]
- Banorte - 2,107,000 breached accounts August 18, 2022In August 2022, millions of records from Mexican bank "Banorte" were publicly dumped on a popular hacking forum including 2.1M unique email addresses, physical addresses, names, phone numbers, RFC (tax) numbers, genders and bank balances. Banorte have stated that the data is "outdated", although have not yet indicated how far back it dates to. Anecdotal […]
- SitePoint - 1,021,790 breached accounts August 17, 2022In June 2020, the web development site SitePoint suffered a data breach that exposed over 1M customer records. Impacted data included email and IP addresses, names, usernames, bios and passwords stored as bcrypt hashes.
- Twitter - 6,682,453 breached accounts August 13, 2022In January 2022, a vulnerability in Twitter's platform allowed an attacker to build a database of the email addresses and phone numbers of millions of users of the social platform. In a disclosure notice later shared in August 2022, Twitter advised that the vulnerability was related to a bug introduced in June 2021 and that […]
- QuestionPro - 22,229,637 breached accounts August 5, 2022In May 2022, the survey website QuestionPro was the target of an extortion attempt relating to an alleged data breach. Over 100GB of data containing 22M unique email addresses (some of which appear to be generated by the platform), are alleged to have been extracted from the service along with IP addresses, browser user agents […]
- Tuned Global - 985,586 breached accounts August 3, 2022In January 2021, data from a number of breached services including Tuned Global were released to a public hacking forum. The breach appears to date back to 2016 and includes 985k records containing email addresses, names, a small number of physical addresses and phone numbers and passwords stored in plain text.
- Mecho Download - 437,928 breached accounts August 2, 2022In October 2013, the (now defunct) downloads website "Mecho Download" suffered a data breach that exposed 438k records. Data from the vBulletin based website included email and IP addresses, usernames and passwords stored as salted MD5 hashes.
- Battlefy - 83,610 breached accounts July 29, 2022In January 2016, the esports website Battlefy suffered a data breach that exposed 83k customer records. The impacted data included email addresses, usernames and passwords stored as bcrypt hashes.