Kathy Barnette Denies Saying ‘Pedophilia is a Cornerstone of Islam’
May 13, 2022 4:19 pm
Tags: barnette, Breitbart, cornerstone, David, David McCormick, denies, donald, Donald Trump, election, Islam, joshwho, kathy, Kathy Barnette, mccormick:, mehmet, Mehmet Oz, midterm, Midterm Election, News, Pedophilia, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Senate race, Politics, primary, race, Republican, Republican Primary, saying, Senate, Trump, U.S., U.S. Senate
Categories: Breitbart News David McCormick Donald Trump JoshWho News Kathy Barnette Mehmet Oz Midterm Election Pennsylvania Pennsylvania Senate race Politics Republican Primary U.S. Senate
Pennsylvania U.S. Senate Candidate Kathy Barnette (R) denied tweeting “Pedophilia is a Cornerstone of Islam” during an interview with MSNBC on Thursday, despite the existence of such a post on her blue checkmark account.
“Yeah, no, I don’t think that’s me,” Barnette replied when NBC’s Dasha Burns read the tweet aloud. “Okay, I would have never said that, because I don’t believe that.”
Pedophilia is a Cornerstone of Islam ⋆ UFP NEWS http://t.co/PmuXZE7h80
— Kathy Barnette (@Kathy4Truth) April 10, 2015
Republican strategist Matt Wolking, who works for one of Barnette’s competitors Dave McCormick, posted the interaction to Twitter, criticizing the senate hopeful for denying the existence of an easily-findable tweet.
“Asked about her own tweet, Kathy Barnette says “I don’t think that’s me.” This is what a dishonest train wreck looks like,” Wolking said.
Asked about her own tweet, Kathy Barnette says “I don’t think that’s me.”
This is what a dishonest train wreck looks like.
— Matt Wolking (@MattWolking) May 13, 2022
Media outlets have begun unearthing several other tweets from Barnette’s account criticizing Islam and Muslim people. CNN published a report on Friday highlighting her “anti-Muslim views” and “anti-gay comments,” likely only part of an incoming wave of scrutiny Barnette will face after largely flying under the radar for most of her campaign.
@act4america They r animals & we must stop interacting with them as if they r rational human beings. There is nothing rational about Islam.
— Kathy Barnette (@Kathy4Truth) February 4, 2015
#RashidaTlaib, a MUSLIM, said this about OUR President.
Aren’t you all so glad you voted in the first “openly” Palestinian Muslim? (Sarcasm for ya’ll who don’t get sarcasm).
Aren’t you so proud of how “tolerant”… https://t.co/TCkmK4MN6o
— Kathy Barnette (@Kathy4Truth) January 4, 2019
Barnette’s popularity skyrocketed ahead of next week’s primary after her performance in last month’s debate and a recent clip explaining her birth being the product of her mother’s rape at age 11 that went viral. Recent polls show the race is a statistical tie between Barnette, McCormick, and Mehmet Oz, who has the endorsement of former President Donald Trump.
However, her quick rise has many in her own party voicing concerns about a lack of vetting before the GOP primary on May 17 — including Trump.
“Kathy Barnette will never be able to win the General Election against the Radical Left Democrats,” Trump said in a statement on Thursday.
Trump alluded to the controversy over her military service, noting Barnette has “many things in her past which have not been properly explained or vetted.”
“I believe that Mehmet Oz will be the one most able to win the General Election against a Radical Left Democrat looking to do unthinkable harm to our Country,” Trump said.
The Daily Beast reported that Democrats are already “salivating at the prospect” of facing Barnette in November, should she secure the Republican nomination.
“I’m sure many of us are hoping she sustains it and wins. Because she’s certainly — [it] would be very tough to elect her,” said T.J. Rooney, the former head of Pennsylvania’s Democrat Party.
- Saudi Arabia Signals Backing For Russia In OPEC+ May 24, 2022
- What Weapons Are Banned Or Restricted In War? May 24, 2022
- “It’s Going To Get Truly Horrific”: Gas, Electricity Bills In Europe Could Jump To 4.5% Of Disposable Income In 2023 May 24, 2022
- US Navy Sailors Deserting At “Staggering” Rate Amid Mental Health Crisis May 23, 2022
- Immigration Disappears From Kamala Harris’ Public Schedule May 23, 2022
- “It’s Sick”: Polish PM Says Norway Should Share “Gigantic” Oil & Gas Profits May 23, 2022
- What It Means That ‘Hillary Clinton Did It’ May 23, 2022
- UN Food Head Warns Conditions “Worse” Than Arab Spring As Inflation Riots Spread May 23, 2022
- Snap Shares Crater After Company Unexpectedly Slashes Guidance May 23, 2022
- White House Mulls Tapping Emergency Diesel Stockpile To Address East Coast Crisis May 23, 2022
- New Jersey Sued For Illegally Concealing Election Records Policy May 23, 2022
- Key Events This Week: Global PMIs, US Durables and PCE May 23, 2022
- Hundreds Of UK Grocery Items More Than 20% Pricier Over Last Two Years: Study May 23, 2022
- Lagarde Calls For Crypto Crackdown, Says They’re “Based On Nothing” May 23, 2022
- Russian Electricity Imports Halted To Another EU Nation May 23, 2022
- Gen. Milley Warns West Point Graduates On Likelihood Of War With Russia And China May 22, 2022
- Everything You Want To Know About Monkeypox, But Were Afraid To Ask May 22, 2022
- Gun-Parts Dealer Sues ATF Over ‘Secret And Unannounced Policy Changes’ May 22, 2022
- DOJ Announces Hate Crimes And ‘Bias-Related’ Initiatives Including Reporting Hotline May 22, 2022
- U.S. Automakers Forced To Hike Prices Due To Rising Raw Material Costs May 22, 2022
- 1,681,921 hits