Here We Go Again: Wuhan Locks Down 1 Million People After Detecting Four COVID Cases
In yet another prime example of throwing the baby, the bottle, the bonnet, and literally everything else that’s within reach, out with the bathwater, Wuhan has decided to lock down a district of almost 1 million people after discovering just “four asymptomatic Covid cases”.
And to think, Wuhan’s tourism industry was just starting to recover…
But seriously, China’s stringent zero-Covid policy has once again caused the country to enforce draconian lockdowns in Wuhan’s Jiangxia district, where more than 970,000 people live. China called it three days of “temporary control measures,” according to CNN.
The province shut down bars, cinemas internet cafes, small clinics, agricultural product marketplaces, restaurant, dining and large gatherings, the report says. It also shuttered events “from performances to conferences,” including all places of worship. Tutoring institutions and tourist attractions also were forced to lock down.
Public transport in the province has also been suspended and residents have been told not to leave. There have been “four high risk neighborhoods” identified within the province, with four other neighborhoods posing a “medium” risk.
China is aiming to “further reduce the flow of people, lower the risk of cross-infection and achieve dynamic zero-Covid in the shortest time possible,” a government statement says. The four cases were found during regular testing drives and then through contact tracing of those individuals.
The lockdowns which China once again re-implemented toward the beginning of this year caused shockwaves for many companies doing business in the country, not the least of which was Tesla, and further exacerbated supply chain bottlenecks – many of which have been in place for almost 3 years now.
Recall, back in April, Zero Hedge contributor Quoth the Raven asked whether or nothing something was “rotten” in the state of Shanghai’s latest lockdowns. “The actions China has taken to implement this round of lockdowns have been dystopian and Orwellian, to say the least,” he wrote at the beginning of April.
“There are a innumerable amount of disturbing things about the dystopian way this alleged outbreak is being handled, but none more pressing is the question of why it is being handled the way it is,” he continued. “Why continue the country’s completely irrational and inane “Covid Zero” policy at this point?”
- Everything And Everybody Is More Important Than You December 5, 2022
- Global Wages Take A Hit As Inflation Eats Into Paychecks December 5, 2022
- Putin Signs Into Law Sweeping Ban On “LGBT Propaganda” December 5, 2022
- Two Great Months For US Stocks Promise Too Much for Own Good December 5, 2022
- The Bubble Economy’s Credit-Asset Death Spiral December 5, 2022
- Musk Tells Millions In Twitter Spaces That Apple Ads “Fully Resumed” After Spat December 5, 2022
- All About That Base, No Trouble December 5, 2022
- FBI Warned Twitter Of ‘Hack-And-Leak’ Operation Before Hunter Biden Story Censored December 5, 2022
- US Economic “Malaise Spreading” – Services PMI Signals Q4 Economic Contraction December 5, 2022
- EU NatGas Prices Jump As Cold Blast Draws Down On Fuel Storage December 5, 2022
- Oil Rises After OPEC+ Keeps Production Unchanged After Launch Of Russia Price Cap December 5, 2022
- Gunfire On Two NC Substations Plunges Tens of Thousands Into Darkness And Cold December 5, 2022
- EU Is Erecting Russian War Crimes Tribunal: “Russia Must Pay” December 5, 2022
- China Operating Illegal Police Stations Worldwide December 4, 2022
- Parents Catch FBI In Plot To Force Mentally Ill Son To Be A Right Wing Terrorist – This is how they been doing it for years December 4, 2022
- “Utterly False”: Musk Blasts New York Times For Hate Speech Report On Twitter December 4, 2022
- Six Degrees From James Baker: A Familiar Figure Reemerges With Release Of Twitter Files December 4, 2022
- Nonprofit Blood Donation Service Starts Matching Unvaccinated Patients With Donors December 4, 2022
- Poll: Near Majority of Republicans Want Less Foreign Aid as Congress Poised to Grant Ukraine $37 Billion December 4, 2022
- Wokeism Is Costume Elites Wear To ‘Signal Virtue’ And ‘Hide Greed, Corruption’: Former Levi’s Executive December 4, 2022
- Not Acxiom (unverified) - 51,730,831 breached accounts November 22, 2022In 2020, a corpus of data containing almost a quarter of a billion records spanning over 400 different fields was misattributed to database marketing company Acxiom and subsequently circulated within the hacking community. On review, Acxiom concluded that "the claims are indeed false and that the data, which has been readily available across multiple environments, […]
- GGCorp - 2,376,330 breached accounts November 8, 2022In August 2022, the MMORPG website GGCorp suffered a data breach that exposed almost 2.4M unique email addresses. The data also included IP addresses, usernames and MD5 password hashes.
- Lolzteam - 398,011 breached accounts November 6, 2022In May 2018, the Russian hacking forum Lolzteam suffered a data breach that exposed 400k members. The impacted data included usernames and email addresses which were later redistributed via another hacking forum. The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested it be attributed to "ZAN @ BF".
- Doomworld - 34,478 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the Doomworld fourm suffered a data breach that exposed 34k member records. The data included email and IP addresses, usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- E-Pal - 108,887 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the service dedicated to finding friends on Discord known as E-Pal disclosed a data breach. The compromised data included over 100k unique email addresses and usernames spanning approximately 1M orders. The data was subsequently distributed via a popular hacking forum.
- Wakanim - 6,706,951 breached accounts October 6, 2022In August 2022, the European streaming service Wakanim suffered a data breach which was subsequently advertised and sold on a popular hacking forum. The breach exposed 6.7M customer records including email, IP and physical addresses, names and usernames.
- Bhinneka - 1,274,340 breached accounts October 6, 2022In early 2020, the Indonesian consumer electronics website Bhinneka suffered a data breach that exposed almost 1.3M customer records. The data included email and physical addresses, names, genders, dates of birth, phone numbers and salted password hashes.
- TAP Air Portugal - 5,067,990 breached accounts September 23, 2022In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Brand New Tube - 349,627 breached accounts September 8, 2022In August 2022, the streaming website Brand New Tube suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of almost 350k subscribers. The impacted data included email and IP addresses, usernames, genders, passwords stored as unsalted SHA-1 hashes and private messages.
- START - 7,455,386 breached accounts August 30, 2022In August 2022, news broke of an attack against the Russian streaming service "START". The incident led to the exposure of 44M records containing 7.4M unique email addresses. The impacted data also included the subscriber's country and password hash. START subsequently acknowledged the incident in a Telegram post and stated that the data dated back […]