GOP Senators Say They Will Block Military Funding Unless Vaccine Mandate Scrapped
December 1, 2022 12:51 pm
Tags: block, funding, GOP, joshwho, mandate, Media, Military, News, say, scrapped, Senators, they, unless, Vaccine, will, ZeroHedge
Categories: JoshWho News news media US News ZeroHedge
Republicans in the Senate have threatened to block the National Defense Authorization Act unless a vote is held on the current COVID vaccine mandate for military personnel.
The effort is being headed up by Florida Senator Rick Scott and Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, along with 11 other senators, including Ted Cruz and Mike Lee.
As a veteran & member of @SASCGOP, I fully support our military & have fought hard for big nat’l security wins in the NDAA. But, before this bill moves forward, we must stand with our military members & reverse the @DeptofDefense‘s COVID vax mandate. U.S. readiness depends on it. pic.twitter.com/DoRgn5cJZh
— Rick Scott (@SenRickScott) November 30, 2022
Scott told Fox News “I think on the NDAA one thing that’s going to be important is that we don’t give cloture unless they agree that we’re not going to keep kicking people out of the service for their – if they’re unvaccinated,” adding “I think that we’ve got to start standing up for people.”
In a letter to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, the Senators state “The Department of Defense COVID-19 vaccine mandate has ruined the livelihoods of men and women who have honorably served our country.”
“While the Department of Defense certainly must make decisions that will bolster military readiness, the effects of the mandate are antithetical to readiness of our force, and the policy must be revoked,” the letter further states.
I’m opposing moving forward on the NDAA unless the Senate votes on an amendment to prohibit discharges from the Armed Forces solely because of vaccination status. The amendment will also reinstate service members already discharged w/ back pay. Read more: https://t.co/ejcYF64Koa pic.twitter.com/4qa3Gu74r4
— Senator Rand Paul (@SenRandPaul) November 30, 2022
During a press conference, Paul stated “The vaccination mandate has forced our nation’s young patriotic men and women to choose between their faith, their medical autonomy and their careers.”
“At a time when the military is struggling to meet targets for recruitment, the administration is firing soldiers we invested in and trained,” Paul further noted.
For five decades now, the NDAA has been viewed as vital legislation for Congress each year, covering spending for the military, including the annual pay raise and new program starts.
Despite attempts to stop mandatory vaccines for active duty personnel, and to uphold exemption rights, the Biden administration has continually pushed for dishonourable discharges and even court martialing for troops who disobey orders to get the shots.
* * *
Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/
In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch. We need you to sign up for our free newsletter here. Support our sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown. Also, we urgently need your financial support here.
- Escobar: Can You Smell What The Year Of The Rabbit Is Cooking? January 27, 2023
- Canada’s Bill C-26: Yet Another Government Power Grab January 27, 2023
- Visualizing Remittance Flows & GDP Impact By Country January 27, 2023
- Soaring Food Prices Prompt Eurasian Nations To Ban Food Exports January 27, 2023
- Vegas Hotels Hit With Lawsuit, Claiming Collusion Via Algorithm To Artificially Inflate Hotel Prices January 27, 2023
- China Is About To Become The Number 2 Exporter Of Passenger Vehicles In The World January 27, 2023
- Massive Short-Squeeze Sparks Surge In Stocks Despite Hawkish Shift In Rates January 27, 2023
- McDaniel Reelected As RNC Chair Despite DeSantis Calling For Change January 27, 2023
- Ronna McDaniel Clinches Fourth Term as RNC Chair January 27, 2023
- Watch: Leftist Talking Heads Claim Letting Trump Back On Facebook Will “Destroy Democracy” January 27, 2023
- Terrorist Kills 7, Wounds 10 in Jerusalem Synagogue Attack on International Holocaust Day January 27, 2023
- GRAPHIC WARNING – WATCH: Body Camera Footage of Paul Pelosi Attack Released January 27, 2023
- Europe Is Diversifying Its Diesel Sources Ahead Of Ban On Russian Fuel January 27, 2023
- “The Bot Is Out There. It Doesn’t Feel Pity, Or Remorse, Or Fear, And It Absolutely Will Not Stop Until Your Job Is Dead” January 27, 2023
- Pending Home Sales Suffered Worst Annual Decline Ever In 2022, Despite December Surge January 27, 2023
- The Race To The Bottom Accelerates January 27, 2023
- Blackstone President Says BREIT Still Has “Backlog” Of Redemption Requests January 27, 2023
- Europe’s Energy Crisis Leaves Almost All Of Pakistan Without Power January 27, 2023
- Georgia’s Mikheil Saakashvili – “America’s Guy” – Is Racing The Clock January 27, 2023
- Schiff: Trump, House GOP Who Voted Not to Certify 2020 Election Are the ‘Principal Threat to Our Country’ January 27, 2023
- KomplettFritid - 139,401 breached accounts January 23, 2023In January 2023, the online Norwegian store KomplettFritid was reported as having had a data breach dating back to February 2021. The incident exposed 140k customer records including physical, email and IP addresses, names, phone numbers and passwords. Most passwords were stored as bcrypt hashes with a small number appearing in plain text.
- Autotrader - 20,032 breached accounts January 23, 2023In January 2023, 1.4M records from the Autotrader online vehicle marketplace appeared on a popular hacking forum. Autotrader stated that the "data in question relates to aged listing data that was generally publicly available on our site at the time and open to automated collection methods". The data contained 20k unique email addresses alongside physical […]
- Zurich - 756,737 breached accounts January 22, 2023In January 2023, the Japanese arm of Zurich insurance suffered a data breach that exposed 2.6M customer records with over 756k unique email addresses. The data was subsequently posted to a popular hacking forum and also included names, genders, dates of birth and details of insured vehicles. The data was provided to HIBP by a […]
- DoorDash - 367,476 breached accounts January 7, 2023In August 2022, the food ordering and delivery service DoorDash disclosed a data breach that impacted a portion of their customers. DoorDash attributed the breach to an unnamed "third-party vendor" they stated was the victim of a phishing campaign. The incident exposed 367k unique personal email addresses alongside names, post codes and partial card data, […]
- SlideTeam - 1,464,271 breached accounts January 7, 2023In April 2021, the "world’s largest collection of pre-designed presentation slides" SlideTeam had 1.4M records breached and later published to a popular hacking forum the following year. Allegedly sourced from a compromised Magento instance, the data included names, email addresses and passwords stored as salted hashes.
- Twitter (200M) - 211,524,284 breached accounts January 5, 2023In early 2023, over 200M records scraped from Twitter appeared on a popular hacking forum. The data was obtained sometime in 2021 by abusing an API that enabled email addresses to be resolved to Twitter profiles. The subsequent results were then composed into a corpus of data containing email addresses alongside public Twitter profile information […]
- Deezer - 229,037,936 breached accounts January 2, 2023In late 2022, the music streaming service Deezer disclosed a data breach that impacted over 240M customers. The breach dated back to a mid-2019 backup exposed by a 3rd party partner which was subsequently sold and then broadly redistributed on a popular hacking forum. Impacted data included 229M unique email addresses, IP addresses, names, usernames, […]
- Benchmark - 93,343 breached accounts January 1, 2023In November 2019, the Serbian technology news website Benchmark suffered a breach of its forum that exposed 93k customer records. The breach exposed IP and email addresses, usernames and passwords stored as salted MD5 hashes. A forum administrator subsequently advised that the breach was due to the forum previously running on an outdated vBulletin instance. […]
- Gemini - 5,274,214 breached accounts December 16, 2022In late 2022, data allegedly taken from the Gemini crypto exchange was posted to a public hacking forum. The data consisted of email addresses and partial phone numbers, which Gemini later attributed to an incident at a third-party vendor (the vendor was not named). The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested […]
- CoinTracker - 1,557,153 breached accounts December 12, 2022In December 2022, the Crypto & NFT taxes service CoinTracker reported a data breach that impacted over 1.5M of their customers. The company later attributed the breach to a compromise SendGrid in an attack that targeted multiple customers of the email provider. The breach exposed email addresses and partially redacted phone numbers, with CoinTracker advising […]