Despite Strict Gun Control, California Had The Most Active Shooter Incidents In 2021: FBI
August 6, 2022 9:57 pm
Tags: 2021, active,, California, control, despite, FBI, Gun, had, incidents, joshwho, Media, most, News, shooter, strict, the, ZeroHedge
Categories: JoshWho News news media US News ZeroHedge
In a report issued by the FBI, California ranked first for the most active shooter incidents in 2021. The state has been in the top spot in three of the past five years.
According to the study, a total of 61 active shooter incidents occurred across 30 states last year with 103 people killed and 140 wounded. This is up from 40 incidents and 38 killed in 2020.
California had 6 incidents that claimed the lives of 19 people with 9 wounded. Texas and Georgia each had 5.
California, which has some of the strictest gun laws, saw 0.015 shootings per 100,000 people. Texas, which has very unrestrictive state gun laws, had nearly the same at 0.0167 per 100,000 people. Georgia had 0.045 per 100,000 people.
Criminal attorney Arash Hashemi told NTD, a sister outlet of The Epoch Times, that in his opinion there’s no easy answer to how gun laws should be handled.
“We need both sides to sit down and listen to what’s going on. I know one side says we need to ban guns, one side said there would be no regulation. But there needs to be a meeting of the minds in the middle,” Hashemi said.
California is moving ahead to implement more gun restrictions. The new state Senate Bill 918, which is currently on its way through the legislature, would ban the carrying of guns in most public areas, regardless of whether someone has a carry license or not.
However Hashemi suggested a slightly different approach. He said the Second Amendment can’t be violated, but he thinks certain people should be restricted from owning a firearm.
“I think California needs to implement these background checks but at the same time make sure they don’t infringe on people’s rights to bear arms,” Hashemi said.
He said vetting gun buyers for red flags like mental illness or psychiatric medication is important.
He added that the importance of the Second Amendment is to give the civilians of the United States a check on the government.
The greatest number of casualties and injuries at an active shooter incident in 2021 was 15, at both a FedEx center in Indiana and a Kroger grocery store in Tennessee.
June had the most with 12, and December had the least with 1.
The FBI defines an active shooter as one or more people engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area. The 2021 report is limited to these incidents and does not include other gun-related situations like self-defense, drug violence, or gang violence.
- “2023 Will Be Year From Hell” – Martin Armstrong Warns Europe ‘Could Suck The Rest Of The World Down The Tubes’ October 2, 2022
- VPN Usage Surges Amid Protests, Conflict, & War In 2022 October 2, 2022
- Gold & Geopolitics October 2, 2022
- Labour Opens Up Massive Lead In UK Polls October 2, 2022
- The War Has Just Begun October 2, 2022
- Cajun Navy Assisting with Hurricane Ian Rescue Efforts in Florida October 1, 2022
- Federal Judge Rules Against Stacey Abrams-Backed Group, Upholds 2018 Georgia Voting Law October 1, 2022
- Kristina Karamo: MAGA Movement ‘Will Unite Americans Across All Different Demographics’ October 1, 2022
- A Global Overview of Human Migration October 1, 2022
- Firearm Background-Checks Now Report Home Addresses Of Gun Owners October 1, 2022
- Democrat Lawmaker Calls for ‘New Leaders’ Within Own Party After Stock Trade Ban Vote Stalls October 1, 2022
- Visualizing The Global Wealth Pyramid October 1, 2022
- Navy Attempting To Remove Sailor Who Refused Vaccine Under ‘Pretext’ Of Attempted Desertion: Attorney October 1, 2022
- ‘Range Anxiety’ – How Far Can An EV Go On One Charge? October 1, 2022
- FBI Singles Out Conservative Agents In ‘Purge,’ Retaliates Against Whistleblowers: GOP Lawmakers October 1, 2022
- The Growing Global Reliance On Antidepressants October 1, 2022
- WATCH LIVE: Former President Donald Trump Holding ‘Save America’ Rally in Warren, Michigan October 1, 2022
- Malone: Human Cyborgs Are Just The Beginning October 1, 2022
- Senate GOP Judiciary Committee To Investigate ‘Excessive’ FBI Raid Of Pennsylvania Pro-Life Activist’s Home October 1, 2022
- Visualizing The World’s Population At 8 Billion October 1, 2022
- TAP Air Portugal - 5,067,990 breached accounts September 23, 2022In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Brand New Tube - 349,627 breached accounts September 8, 2022In August 2022, the streaming website Brand New Tube suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of almost 350k subscribers. The impacted data included email and IP addresses, usernames, genders, passwords stored as unsalted SHA-1 hashes and private messages.
- START - 7,455,386 breached accounts August 30, 2022In August 2022, news broke of an attack against the Russian streaming service "START". The incident led to the exposure of 44M records containing 7.4M unique email addresses. The impacted data also included the subscriber's country and password hash. START subsequently acknowledged the incident in a Telegram post and stated that the data dated back […]
- Banorte - 2,107,000 breached accounts August 18, 2022In August 2022, millions of records from Mexican bank "Banorte" were publicly dumped on a popular hacking forum including 2.1M unique email addresses, physical addresses, names, phone numbers, RFC (tax) numbers, genders and bank balances. Banorte have stated that the data is "outdated", although have not yet indicated how far back it dates to. Anecdotal […]
- SitePoint - 1,021,790 breached accounts August 17, 2022In June 2020, the web development site SitePoint suffered a data breach that exposed over 1M customer records. Impacted data included email and IP addresses, names, usernames, bios and passwords stored as bcrypt hashes.
- Twitter - 6,682,453 breached accounts August 13, 2022In January 2022, a vulnerability in Twitter's platform allowed an attacker to build a database of the email addresses and phone numbers of millions of users of the social platform. In a disclosure notice later shared in August 2022, Twitter advised that the vulnerability was related to a bug introduced in June 2021 and that […]
- QuestionPro - 22,229,637 breached accounts August 5, 2022In May 2022, the survey website QuestionPro was the target of an extortion attempt relating to an alleged data breach. Over 100GB of data containing 22M unique email addresses (some of which appear to be generated by the platform), are alleged to have been extracted from the service along with IP addresses, browser user agents […]
- Tuned Global - 985,586 breached accounts August 3, 2022In January 2021, data from a number of breached services including Tuned Global were released to a public hacking forum. The breach appears to date back to 2016 and includes 985k records containing email addresses, names, a small number of physical addresses and phone numbers and passwords stored in plain text.
- Mecho Download - 437,928 breached accounts August 2, 2022In October 2013, the (now defunct) downloads website "Mecho Download" suffered a data breach that exposed 438k records. Data from the vBulletin based website included email and IP addresses, usernames and passwords stored as salted MD5 hashes.
- Battlefy - 83,610 breached accounts July 29, 2022In January 2016, the esports website Battlefy suffered a data breach that exposed 83k customer records. The impacted data included email addresses, usernames and passwords stored as bcrypt hashes.