Democrat Officials Condemn Biden Admin’s Failure to Distribute Adequate Monkeypox Vaccines
July 16, 2022 12:57 pm
Tags: adequate, admin’s, biden, bill, Bill de Blasio, blasio, Breitbart, condemn, Democrat, distribute, failure, francisco, Health, joshwho, monkeypox, News, officials, Politics, Pre-Viral, san, San Francisco, Scott Wiener, scott:, Vaccine, Vaccines, wiener
Categories: Bill de Blasio Breitbart News Health JoshWho News monkeypox Politics Pre-Viral San Francisco Scott Wiener Vaccine
Democrat officials on the east and west coasts condemned the Biden administration’s failures to distribute the vaccine for preventing the spread of monkeypox in sufficient quantities. In California, officials in San Francisco fear widespread increases in the number of cases while New York City officials report a spike in infections.
California State Senator Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) released a statement on Wednesday warning local health officials report they would run out of monkeypox vaccine later in the week.
“Today, the San Francisco Department of Public Health announced that the Department is about to run out of monkeypox vaccine,” Senator Wiener said in a written statement. “Its San Francisco General Hospital monkeypox vaccine clinic will be temporarily suspended after today (Wednesday).”
The senator said the exhaustion of the vaccine supply comes as San Francisco and other communities see increases in monkeypox infections and exposures.
“We need to be very clear where the responsibility lies for this completely avoidable situation: the federal government,” Wiener stated. “Failure to control this outbreak will result in intense — and completely unnecessary — misery for many people, particularly gay and bisexual men.”
At the other end of the country, New York City officials report the monkeypox virus is spreading at a rapid pace, Breitbart News reported. Cases in New York City account for a full 30 percent of all cases in the United States — 170 cases during the first two weeks of July.
NYC Health published a chart breaking down the demographics of the monkeypox cases in the city. Men account for 321 of the 336 reported cases (95.5 percent) as of July 13, the report states. The report states that no women contracted the virus during the reporting period. Health officials attributed the remaining to TGNCNB (Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Non-Binary) (7 cases), and Unknown (8 cases).
Officials attributed 60 percent of the cases (201) to the LGBQ+ community. Another 40 percent were classified as unknown.
Former New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) urged the Biden administration to ramp up access to the monkeypox vaccines. “We cannot wait any longer to take action against the spread of monkeypox,” the former mayor tweeted. “Invoke the Defense Production Act to fill the need for vaccines in the U.S. There really is no time to waste in a crisis like this, and there is so much that federal and city officials can do right now to get control of this crisis.”
“It was another day of meltdown in NYC‘s monkeypox vaccinatation [sic] effort, caused by severe lack of supply and failed scheduling technology,” Manhattan Borough President Mark D. Levine tweeted. He said the city is receiving only 10 percent of the vaccine doses being distributed while experiencing 30 percent of the cases nationwide.
De Blasio, an announced candidate for the state’s 10th Congressional District, called on the Biden administration to “invoke the Defense Production Act to fill the need for vaccines,” The Hill reported. “There really is no time to waste in a crisis like this, and there is so much that federal and city officials can do right now to get control of this crisis,” the former mayor said.
- Continuing Jobless Claims Hit 10-Month Highs As Layoffs Exploded In November December 1, 2022
- Schiff: Fed Soft Pivot In Play; Markets Ignore Powell’s Hawkish Talk December 1, 2022
- Fed’s Favorite Inflation Signal Dips (Holds Near 40 Year Highs) As Savings Rate Crashed December 1, 2022
- Biden Admin Pledges $53 Million To Help Restore Ukraine’s Damaged Power Grid December 1, 2022
- EU Threatens Musk With Twitter Ban Over Content Moderation December 1, 2022
- ‘Operation Pelican’: Details Of UK’s Secret Op To Seize Assange Revealed December 1, 2022
- Miami Nightclubs Are Starting To Miss Rich Crypto Nerds November 30, 2022
- Escobar: The Global South Births A New Game-Changing Payments System November 30, 2022
- Number Of Handgun Owners Carrying Daily Nearly Doubles In US November 30, 2022
- D.C. Think Tank Urges America To “Invest” In Zelensky’s $1 Trillion Reconstruction Plan November 30, 2022
- Texas Parent Shocks School Board With Graphic Library Books November 30, 2022
- “Crypto Bros” Dump G-Wagons And McLarens Amid Digital Asset Bust November 30, 2022
- Fact Check: Karine Jean-Pierre Falsely Claims Biden Has Visited Border November 30, 2022
- White House Laughs Off Kevin McCarthy’s Invitation to Joe Biden to Visit Southern Border November 30, 2022
- GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy Confident About Speaker Vote: ‘We’ll Get There’ Even If Multiple Ballots Are Needed November 30, 2022
- South Korea Scrambles Jets To Warn Off Inbound Chinese-Russian Joint Bomber Patrol November 30, 2022
- Wall Street Reacts To Powell’s Dovish Speech As Markets Explode Higher November 30, 2022
- “We’re In For A Really Big Mess” – Charles Nenner Warns “War Cycle To Really Heat Up In 2023” November 30, 2022
- Bombing At Ukrainian Embassy In Madrid Has Diplomats On High Alert November 30, 2022
- Biden Admin Approves $1 Billion Arms Sale To Qatar During World Cup November 30, 2022
- Not Acxiom (unverified) - 51,730,831 breached accounts November 22, 2022In 2020, a corpus of data containing almost a quarter of a billion records spanning over 400 different fields was misattributed to database marketing company Acxiom and subsequently circulated within the hacking community. On review, Acxiom concluded that "the claims are indeed false and that the data, which has been readily available across multiple environments, […]
- GGCorp - 2,376,330 breached accounts November 8, 2022In August 2022, the MMORPG website GGCorp suffered a data breach that exposed almost 2.4M unique email addresses. The data also included IP addresses, usernames and MD5 password hashes.
- Lolzteam - 398,011 breached accounts November 6, 2022In May 2018, the Russian hacking forum Lolzteam suffered a data breach that exposed 400k members. The impacted data included usernames and email addresses which were later redistributed via another hacking forum. The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested it be attributed to "ZAN @ BF".
- Doomworld - 34,478 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the Doomworld fourm suffered a data breach that exposed 34k member records. The data included email and IP addresses, usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- E-Pal - 108,887 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the service dedicated to finding friends on Discord known as E-Pal disclosed a data breach. The compromised data included over 100k unique email addresses and usernames spanning approximately 1M orders. The data was subsequently distributed via a popular hacking forum.
- Wakanim - 6,706,951 breached accounts October 6, 2022In August 2022, the European streaming service Wakanim suffered a data breach which was subsequently advertised and sold on a popular hacking forum. The breach exposed 6.7M customer records including email, IP and physical addresses, names and usernames.
- Bhinneka - 1,274,340 breached accounts October 6, 2022In early 2020, the Indonesian consumer electronics website Bhinneka suffered a data breach that exposed almost 1.3M customer records. The data included email and physical addresses, names, genders, dates of birth, phone numbers and salted password hashes.
- TAP Air Portugal - 5,067,990 breached accounts September 23, 2022In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Brand New Tube - 349,627 breached accounts September 8, 2022In August 2022, the streaming website Brand New Tube suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of almost 350k subscribers. The impacted data included email and IP addresses, usernames, genders, passwords stored as unsalted SHA-1 hashes and private messages.
- START - 7,455,386 breached accounts August 30, 2022In August 2022, news broke of an attack against the Russian streaming service "START". The incident led to the exposure of 44M records containing 7.4M unique email addresses. The impacted data also included the subscriber's country and password hash. START subsequently acknowledged the incident in a Telegram post and stated that the data dated back […]