David Perdue files for 2022 run against Sen. Warnock
February 16, 2021 12:04 pm
Tags: 2022 midterms, David Perdue, Elections, Featured, georgia senate, Kelly Loeffler, Nation, Politics, Raphael Warnock
Categories: 2022 midterms David Perdue Elections Featured georgia senate JoshWho News Kelly Loeffler Nation Politics Raphael Warnock Saraa Carter
Whereas the Perdue-Ossoff race was for a normal, six-year term, the Loeffler-Warnock race was a special election, meaning that the election’s winner, Warnock, will have to run for reelection early in 2022.
Both 2020 Georgia Senate races went into runoffs due to no candidates getting more than 50% of the vote, in accordance with the state’s election laws.
The former senator filed for reelection with the Federal Election Commission on Monday evening, according to Fox News, but did not say anything about it on Twitter as of midday Tuesday. On top of that, his former campaign website is inactive.
A source familiar with the matter reportedly told the news outlet that Perdue is leaning toward running.
Perdue only served one term as senator. His and Loeffler’s losses in January gave the Democrats the two seats they needed to control 50 out of the 100 seats in the Senate, along with the tie-breaking vote of Vice President Kamala Harris.
While President Joe Biden won the Peach State by a razor-thin margin, former President Donald Trump has claimed that the election was rigged and has gone after the state’s Republican governor and secretary of state.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
- Government Shutdown Could Push Unemployment To 4%, Triggering Recession Start Signal September 22, 2023
- Watch: Rand Paul Blasts “Corrupt” Zelensky “Begging For More Money” September 22, 2023
- Russia Confirms Ukrainian Missile Strike On Black Sea Fleet HQ, Personnel Missing September 22, 2023
- Commercials Set To Invade Amazon Prime Video Unless You Pay New ‘Ad Free’ Fee September 22, 2023
- Chevron LNG Workers End Strike In Australia September 22, 2023
- Futures Rebound After Three Day Rout As Rates Ease From 2007 High September 22, 2023
- Mapping The Migration Of The World’s Millionaires In 2023 September 22, 2023
- Swiss Parliament Approves Burqa Ban, Imposes Steep Fine September 22, 2023
- India Suspends Visas For Canadians, Denounces Terrorist “Safe Haven” September 22, 2023
- Seattle Reverses Course, Makes Public Drug Use Arrestable Crime September 21, 2023
- US Wants Saudi Defense Pact Modeled After South Korea, Japan Deals September 21, 2023
- America’s First ‘Shroom Clinic’ Opens In Oregon September 21, 2023
- EXCLUSIVE–Coach Tommy Tuberville Fights Pentagon Wokeness, Mainstream Media ‘Marketing Arm’ September 21, 2023
- Eagle Pass Mayor: We’re ‘Abandoned’ by Biden Admin. on Border, Abbott Has ‘Been Helpful’ September 21, 2023
- On The Idiotic Notion That It’s Brave To Support Nuclear Brinkmanship In Ukraine September 21, 2023
- Eric Clapton Helps RFK Jr. Raise $2.2 Million At Los Angeles Fundraiser September 21, 2023
- Olive Garden Owner Warns: “Decline In Fine Dining” As Wealthy Americans Trade Down To Cheap Booze September 21, 2023
- EXCLUSIVE: Coach Tommy Tuberville Scores a Win Against Pentagon-Funded Abortion September 21, 2023
- Musk’s SpaceX Countersues DOJ, Says Case Over Refusal To Hire Refugees Is Unconstitutional September 21, 2023
- “Large Number Of Issues Settled”: Strikes At Australian LNG Plants Might End As Early As Friday September 21, 2023
- ApexSMS - 23,246,481 breached accounts September 21, 2023In May 2019, news broke of a massive SMS spam operation known as "ApexSMS" which was discovered after a MongoDB instance of the same name was found exposed without a password. The incident leaked over 80M records with 23M unique email addresses alongside names, phone numbers and carriers, geographic locations (state and country), genders and […]
- dBforums - 363,468 breached accounts September 20, 2023In July 2016, a data breach of the now defunct database forum "dBforums" appeared for sale alongside several others hacked from the parent company, Penton. The breach of the vBulletin based forum contained 363k unique email addresses alongside usernames, IP addresses, dates of birth and salted MD5 password hashes.
- MalindoAir - 4,328,232 breached accounts September 14, 2023In early 2019, the Malaysian airline Malindo Air suffered a data breach that exposed tens of millions of customer records. Containing 4.3M unique email addresses, the breach also exposed extensive personal information including names, dates of birth, genders, physical addresses, phone numbers and passport details. The data was later extensively shared on popular hacking forums.
- Viva Air - 932,232 breached accounts September 11, 2023In March 2022, the now defunct Columbian airline Viva Air suffered a data breach and subsequent ransomware attack. Among a trove of other ransomed data, the incident exposed a log of 2.6M transactions with 932k unique email addresses, physical and IP addresses, names, phone numbers and partial credit card data (last 4 digits).
- Dymocks - 836,120 breached accounts September 8, 2023In September 2023, the Australian book retailer Dymocks announced a data breach. The data dated back to June 2023 and contained 1.2M records with 836k unique email addresses. The breach also exposed names, dates of birth, genders, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Phished Data via CERT Poland - 67,943 breached accounts August 31, 2023In August 2023, CERT Poland observed a phishing campaign that collected credentials from 68k victims. The campaign collected email addresses and passwords via a phishing email masquerading as a purchase order confirmation. CERT Poland identified a further 202 other phishing campaigns operating on the same C2 server, which has now been dismantled.
- Pampling - 383,468 breached accounts August 31, 2023In January 2020, the online clothing retailer Pampling suffered a data breach that exposed 383k unique customer email addresses. The data was later shared on a popular hacking forum and also included names, usernames and unsalted MD5 password hashes.
- PlayCyberGames - 3,681,753 breached accounts August 31, 2023In August 2023, PlayCyberGames which "allows users to play any games with LAN function or games using IP address" suffered a data breach which exposed 3.7M customer records. The data included email addresses, usernames and MD5 password hashes with a constant value in the "salt" field. PlayCyberGames did not respond to multiple attempts to disclose […]
- SevenRooms - 1,205,385 breached accounts August 24, 2023In December 2022, over 400GB of data belonging to restaurant customer management platform SevenRooms was posted for sale to a popular hacking forum. The data included 1.2M unique email addresses alongside names and purchases. SevenRooms advised that the breach was due to unauthorised access of "a file transfer interface of a third-party vendor".
- Duolingo - 2,676,696 breached accounts August 23, 2023In August 2023, 2.6M records of data scraped from Duolingo were broadly distributed on a popular hacking forum. Obtained by enumerating a vulnerable API, the data had earlier appeared for sale in January 2023 and contained email addresses, names, the languages being learned, XP (experience points), and other data related to learning progress on Duolingo. […]