Cajun Navy Assisting with Hurricane Ian Rescue Efforts in Florida
October 1, 2022 10:45 pm
Tags: assisting, B Inspired News, Breitbart, cajun, Cajun Navy, efforts, Florida, fort, Fort Myers, Hurricane, Hurricane Ian, ian, Inspired, joshwho, Local, Louisiana, myers, Navy, News, Pre-Viral, Rescue, United, United Cajun Navy, weather, with?
Categories: B Inspired News Breitbart News Cajun Navy Florida Fort Myers Hurricane Ian JoshWho News Local Louisiana Pre-Viral United Cajun Navy weather
The United Cajun Navy has made its way to southwestern Florida to assist with rescue efforts following the devastation of Hurricane Ian.
The group of volunteer first responders was formed after Hurricane Katrina and reactivated in 2016 during the Louisiana floods to help affected victims. Since then, the citizen-led group has led rescue efforts following natural disasters across the southern U.S., including after Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma in 2017.
At first, the group was concerned they might interfere with recovery efforts but are now working side-by-side with state officials in aiding victims, according to 4 WWL.
Upon the news the Cajun Navy was deploying to the Sunshine State just before the Category Four storm made landfall, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) expressed appreciation that the experienced group was on its way.
“I think the Cajun Navy is on the way, and OK, there we go. And look, we really welcome them, and those are really some battle hardened folks,” DeSantis said on Wednesday.
The group relocated its operations from the Tampa area to Fort Myers after receiving more “distress calls” in the area and wasted no time getting victims to safety.
Brian Trascher, Vice-President and spokesman for the United Cajun Navy, via 4 WWL, said:
We’ve identified a truck stop in Fort Myers that’s going to be closed for the next couple of days, and they’re letting us bring people there. And then the state of Florida emergency officials are sending their resources there to pick these people up and distribute them to state run shelters,” said The group was ready to deploy to southwestern Florida with multiple high water vehicles and jeeps because of the multiple chapters they have across the southwestern region.
After having experienced the devastation that natural weather can inflict on victims – especially given the history in Louisiana – Cajun Navy members understand the fears Floridians may face at the moment.
“We’ve all been through it in Southeast Louisiana so we know how bad it is, said Trascher. “It’s scary. There’s a lot of emotions involved, and we just kind of want to soften that blow as much as we can,”
The citizen-led group is not just confined to the U.S. southeast but has also helped those affected by Hurricane Fiona in Puerto Rico. Some group members have even traveled all the way to Ukraine to help victims of the ongoing war.
The Cajun Navy is accepting donations on its website as they continue to help the victims of this week’s devastating storm.
You can follow Ethan Letkeman on Twitter at @EthanLetkeman.
- Continuing Jobless Claims Hit 10-Month Highs As Layoffs Exploded In November December 1, 2022
- Schiff: Fed Soft Pivot In Play; Markets Ignore Powell’s Hawkish Talk December 1, 2022
- Fed’s Favorite Inflation Signal Dips (Holds Near 40 Year Highs) As Savings Rate Crashed December 1, 2022
- Biden Admin Pledges $53 Million To Help Restore Ukraine’s Damaged Power Grid December 1, 2022
- EU Threatens Musk With Twitter Ban Over Content Moderation December 1, 2022
- ‘Operation Pelican’: Details Of UK’s Secret Op To Seize Assange Revealed December 1, 2022
- Miami Nightclubs Are Starting To Miss Rich Crypto Nerds November 30, 2022
- Escobar: The Global South Births A New Game-Changing Payments System November 30, 2022
- Number Of Handgun Owners Carrying Daily Nearly Doubles In US November 30, 2022
- D.C. Think Tank Urges America To “Invest” In Zelensky’s $1 Trillion Reconstruction Plan November 30, 2022
- Texas Parent Shocks School Board With Graphic Library Books November 30, 2022
- “Crypto Bros” Dump G-Wagons And McLarens Amid Digital Asset Bust November 30, 2022
- Fact Check: Karine Jean-Pierre Falsely Claims Biden Has Visited Border November 30, 2022
- White House Laughs Off Kevin McCarthy’s Invitation to Joe Biden to Visit Southern Border November 30, 2022
- GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy Confident About Speaker Vote: ‘We’ll Get There’ Even If Multiple Ballots Are Needed November 30, 2022
- South Korea Scrambles Jets To Warn Off Inbound Chinese-Russian Joint Bomber Patrol November 30, 2022
- Wall Street Reacts To Powell’s Dovish Speech As Markets Explode Higher November 30, 2022
- “We’re In For A Really Big Mess” – Charles Nenner Warns “War Cycle To Really Heat Up In 2023” November 30, 2022
- Bombing At Ukrainian Embassy In Madrid Has Diplomats On High Alert November 30, 2022
- Biden Admin Approves $1 Billion Arms Sale To Qatar During World Cup November 30, 2022
- Not Acxiom (unverified) - 51,730,831 breached accounts November 22, 2022In 2020, a corpus of data containing almost a quarter of a billion records spanning over 400 different fields was misattributed to database marketing company Acxiom and subsequently circulated within the hacking community. On review, Acxiom concluded that "the claims are indeed false and that the data, which has been readily available across multiple environments, […]
- GGCorp - 2,376,330 breached accounts November 8, 2022In August 2022, the MMORPG website GGCorp suffered a data breach that exposed almost 2.4M unique email addresses. The data also included IP addresses, usernames and MD5 password hashes.
- Lolzteam - 398,011 breached accounts November 6, 2022In May 2018, the Russian hacking forum Lolzteam suffered a data breach that exposed 400k members. The impacted data included usernames and email addresses which were later redistributed via another hacking forum. The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested it be attributed to "ZAN @ BF".
- Doomworld - 34,478 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the Doomworld fourm suffered a data breach that exposed 34k member records. The data included email and IP addresses, usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- E-Pal - 108,887 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the service dedicated to finding friends on Discord known as E-Pal disclosed a data breach. The compromised data included over 100k unique email addresses and usernames spanning approximately 1M orders. The data was subsequently distributed via a popular hacking forum.
- Wakanim - 6,706,951 breached accounts October 6, 2022In August 2022, the European streaming service Wakanim suffered a data breach which was subsequently advertised and sold on a popular hacking forum. The breach exposed 6.7M customer records including email, IP and physical addresses, names and usernames.
- Bhinneka - 1,274,340 breached accounts October 6, 2022In early 2020, the Indonesian consumer electronics website Bhinneka suffered a data breach that exposed almost 1.3M customer records. The data included email and physical addresses, names, genders, dates of birth, phone numbers and salted password hashes.
- TAP Air Portugal - 5,067,990 breached accounts September 23, 2022In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Brand New Tube - 349,627 breached accounts September 8, 2022In August 2022, the streaming website Brand New Tube suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of almost 350k subscribers. The impacted data included email and IP addresses, usernames, genders, passwords stored as unsalted SHA-1 hashes and private messages.
- START - 7,455,386 breached accounts August 30, 2022In August 2022, news broke of an attack against the Russian streaming service "START". The incident led to the exposure of 44M records containing 7.4M unique email addresses. The impacted data also included the subscriber's country and password hash. START subsequently acknowledged the incident in a Telegram post and stated that the data dated back […]