Beijing Gives Didi Green Light To Sign Up New Users, Signaling End Of Regulatory Crackdown
January 16, 2023 6:56 pm
Tags: Beijing, crackdown,, didi, end, gives, Green, joshwho, light, Media, new, News, regulatory, sign, signaling, users, ZeroHedge
Categories: JoshWho News news media US News ZeroHedge
ADRs of Didi will be on watch heading into the shortened trading week as the company has reportedly “secured the green light to resume signing up new users”, according to new reports from Bloomberg and Yahoo.
The resumption of business as somewhat normal came as Didi was made the poster child for a Beijing-led crackdown on China’s internet industry. The decision to allow Didi to continue operating is being hailed as a “clear sign” that Beijing is prioritizing re-starting the country’s economy after locking down for Covid.
Didi’s app had been removed from app stores in 2021, but services could “soon return to Apple and Android stores” as a result of the resumption. Didi has long been compared to Uber in China, but most recently became famous alongside of the halted Ant Group Co.’s IPO as a symbol of China’s crackdown on its internet industry.
The crackdown on Didi came after the company “pushed ahead with a $4 billion-plus US initial public offering against Beijing’s wishes”. It is being speculated that now, with the resumption of signing up users, the company may eventually list in Hong Kong.
Combined with recent concessions made regarding Ant Group, it sends a signal that the government may be easing up on the industry as a whole. Guo Shuqing, party secretary of the People’s Bank of China, has alluded to the regulatory clampdown drawing to a close, Bloomberg wrote.
Bloomberg Intelligence analyst Catherine Lim said in a report this weekend: “The relaunch of Didi apps supports earlier indications from Beijing that required reforms within local technology sector are near-completion. Disruptions to the operations of tech giants such as Alibaba, Tencent should be minimal in 2023.”
It may also see Didi stock – which had traded on the over the counter markets – once again attempt an uplisting in the United States.
“In the future, the company will take effective measures to guarantee the security of our platform infrastructure and big data, and maintain national cybersecurity,” Didi said in a company-issued statement this weekend.
- Zelensky Admits Fear Of Waning Support In US: “If They Stop Helping Us, We Will Not Win” March 29, 2023
- WTI Extends Gains After Large Surprise Crude Draw, ‘Adjustment’ Factor Remains High March 29, 2023
- Fed Gauge Of Financial Stress Is Approaching Levels Of Concern March 29, 2023
- World Bank Warns Of ‘Lost Economic Decade’ As Turmoil Spreads March 29, 2023
- EU To End Sales Of New Gasoline And Diesel Cars In 2035 March 29, 2023
- European Ammo Maker’s Growth Stymied By TikTok Data Center Sucking Up Electricity March 29, 2023
- Jeffrey Sachs: What Ukraine Needs To Learn From Afghanistan March 29, 2023
- Terror Threat In Northern Ireland Raised To ‘Severe’ – Meaning Attack Highly Likely March 29, 2023
- Liz Cheney: ‘Spend Less Time Banning Books’ and More Stopping Gun Violence March 28, 2023
- Governance By Artificial Intelligence: The Ultimate Unaccountable Tyranny March 28, 2023
- Trump Says He Has A Plan To ‘Solve’ Ukraine War In 24 Hours If Reelected March 28, 2023
- Watch: Record Snowpack Triggers Massive Avalanche At Utah Ski Resort March 28, 2023
- Ron Paul: The Best Way To Protect US Troops In Syria March 28, 2023
- Trans Activists Pushed Aggressive Rhetoric Before Shooting at Christian School March 28, 2023
- Nolte: Nashville Christian School Shooting Preceded by Calls for ‘Trans Day of Vengeance’ March 28, 2023
- WTI Extends Gains After Unexpected Large Crude Draw March 28, 2023
- US Aircraft Carrier Holds Drills With South Korean Military Under Threat Of Missile Tests March 28, 2023
- Jamie Dimon In Hot-Seat As Sworn Deposition Looms In Epstein Lawsuits March 28, 2023
- Regional Banks Target New Crypto Business From Former Signature And Silvergate Clients March 28, 2023
- Strong 5Y Treasury Auction Stops Through As Nosebleeding Rates Vol Dips March 28, 2023
JoshWho TV News
- Nothing to display Yet Coming Soon...
Latest Hacked Sites
- TheGradCafe - 310,975 breached accounts March 24, 2023In February 2023, the grad school admissions search website TheGradCafe suffered a data breach that disclosed the personal records of 310k users. The data included email addresses, names and usernames, genders, geographic locations and passwords stored as bcrypt hashes. Some records also included physical address, phone number and date of birth. TheGradCafe did not respond […]
- Shopper+ - 878,290 breached accounts March 11, 2023In March 2023, "Canada's online shopping mall" Shopper+ disclosed a data breach discovered on a public hacking forum. The breach dated back to September 2020 and included 878k customer records with email and physical addresses, names, phone numbers and in some cases, genders and dates of birth.
- HDB Financial Services - 1,658,750 breached accounts March 11, 2023In March 2023, the Indian non-bank lending unit HDB Financial Services suffered a data breach that disclosed over 70M customer records. Containing 1.6M unique email addresses, the breach also disclosed names, dates of birth, phone numbers, genders, post codes and loan information belonging to the customers.
- Eye4Fraud - 16,000,591 breached accounts March 6, 2023In February 2023, data alleged to have been taken from the fraud protection service Eye4Fraud was listed for sale on a popular hacking forum. Spanning tens of millions of rows with 16M unique email addresses, the data was spread across 147 tables totalling 65GB and included both direct users of the service and what appears […]
- iD Tech - 415,121 breached accounts March 6, 2023In February 2023, the tech camps for kids service iD Tech had almost 1M records posted to a popular hacking forum. The data included 415k unique email addresses, names, dates of birth and plain text passwords which appear to have been breached in the previous month. iD Tech did not respond to multiple attempts to […]
- LBB - 39,288 breached accounts March 5, 2023In August 2022, customer data of the Indian shopping site "LBB" (Little Black Book) was posted to a popular hacking forum. The data contained over 3M records with 39k unique email addresses alongside IP and physical addresses, names and device information with the most recent data dating back to early 2019. LBB advised they believe […]
- GunAuction.com - 565,470 breached accounts March 2, 2023In December 2022, the online firearms auction website GunAuction.com suffered a data breach which was later discovered left unprotected on the hacker's server. The data included over 565k user records with extensive personal data including email, IP and physical addresses, names, phone numbers, genders, years of birth, credit card type and passwords stored in plain […]
- Convex - 150,129 breached accounts February 26, 2023In February 2023, the Russian telecommunications provider Convex was hacked by "Anonymous" who subsequently released 128GB of data publicly, alleging it revealed illegal government surveillance. The leaked data contained 150k unique email, IP and physical addresses, names and phone numbers.
- RealDudesInc - 101,543 breached accounts February 19, 2023In October 2022, the GTA mod menu provider RealDudesInc suffered a data breach that exposed over 100k email addresses (many of which are temporary guest account addresses). The breach also included usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- Weee - 1,117,405 breached accounts February 8, 2023In February 2023, data belonging to the Asian and Hispanic food delivery service Weee appeared on a popular hacking forum. Dating back to mid-2022, the data included 1.1M unique email addresses from 11M rows of orders containing names, phone numbers and delivery instructions.
The Daily Caller
DAVIS: The Liberal Media Never Cared About DemocracyMarch 29, 2023‘Democrats will do whatever it takes to retain the White House‘
‘I Couldn’t Believe It’: Classmate Remembers Nashville Shooter As ‘Quiet’ Girl Who ‘Looked So Innocent’March 29, 2023'Artists are sensitive'
Republican Senator Calls Out Socialist Sanders For ‘Hypocrisy’ Over Personal WealthMarch 29, 2023The latter's bias and hypocrisy
Economists Drop Estimates For California’s Reparations Program. The Cost Would Be StaggeringMarch 29, 2023'We believe this is a critical conversation for school districts to have at this moment'
‘Their Position Is Outrageous’: Dem Sen Says Biden Admin Suffered ‘Absolute Fail’March 29, 2023'every Democratic member of the intelligence community is outraged'
Poland promises relief as Ukrainian grain floods market, sinks pricesMarch 29, 2023Polish Agriculture Minister Henryk Kowalczyk pledged nearly $300 million in relief for grain farmers and traders experiencing hardship as Ukrainian grain floods markets.
Tennessee Valley Authority takes steps to return ancestral remains of Native AmericansMarch 29, 2023The Tennessee Valley Authority is taking steps to return ancestral remains of Native Americans. The remains were removed from their resting places in Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama.
UAE man fatally jumps off balcony after killing wife, 2 kidsMarch 29, 2023A man who lives in the United Arab Emirates fatally jumped off a balcony after he killed his wife and two children. The man had a confession in his clothing admitting to the slayings.
New York has the country's most burdensome taxes: studyMarch 29, 2023New York imposes the most burdensome taxes on its residents as a proportion of income compared to all the other states, according to a new study.
Taiwan president's trip to US is 'consistent' with One China policy despite Beijing uproar, White House saysMarch 29, 2023National Security Council spokesman John Kirby urged China not to overreact as Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen transits the United States for the seventh time.
Biden admin bucks climate activists, holds enormous Trump-era oil and gas lease saleMarch 29, 2023The Biden administration moved forward with an enormous 73-million-acre Gulf of Mexico fossil fuel lease sale Wednesday, bucking climate activists who opposed the action.
'Defund' movement ravages Austin police force: 'We can't sustain this'March 29, 2023Austin Retired Officer Association President Dennis Farris joined "Fox & Friends First" to react to the Texas DPS needing to step in amid police shortage crisis.
Chiefs’ Andy Reid blanks on Packers quarterback: ‘I'm trying to remember Jordan Love’March 29, 2023Andy Reid didn’t seem to remember the Green Bay Packers rookie quarterback who got his first NFL start against the Kansas City Chiefs in 2021 when asked about it this week.
Pope Francis hospitalized for 'respiratory infection,' will require treatmentMarch 29, 2023Pope Francis was hospitalized after having trouble breathing and tests concluded that he has a respiratory inspection, a spokesman for the Vatican said on Wednesday.
Dutch researchers make giant meatball using mammoth DNAMarch 29, 2023Researchers used extinct wooly mammoth DNA to cultivate a flesh glob, which it put on display at a museum in the Netherlands and indicated may be the future of food.
King Charles, Camilla, Queen Consort, begin new reign with world debut in GermanyMarch 29, 2023King Charles and Camilla, the Queen Consort, arrived in Germany for their first foreign trip as Britain's new reigning monarchs.
Rand Paul on staffer nearly stabbed to death in DC: 'Makes me think we're in the Third World'March 29, 2023Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., joined "Fox & Friends" to react to the latest details from the stabbing attack on his staffer, who is recovering from life-threatening injuries.
Colorado dentist accused of fatally poisoning wife on verge of financial ruin: court papersMarch 29, 2023The Colorado dentist accused of murdering his wife, Angela Craig, with arsenic-spiked protein shakes was on the verge of financial ruin, bankruptcy court records reveal.
Kyle Rittenhouse testifies in support of North Dakota self-defense bill bolstering Second Amendment rightsMarch 29, 2023Kyle Rittenhouse testified before a North Dakota committee Tuesday in favor of HB 1213, which seeks restitution for defendants found not guilty of violent crimes due to self-defense.
Human remains found in Lake Mead are from Las Vegas man who drowned in 1974, officials sayMarch 29, 2023The Clark County Office of the Coroner/Medical Examiner has identified human remains found in Lake Mead last October as those of a man who vanished in the 1970s.
- Inside the Tent Camp Housing Thousands of Migrant Children – ‘No Place for a Child’
Migrant children and families are sleeping shoulder to shoulder on mats in a Texas border facility designed for 250 people that is now holding more than 4,100, according to some of the first photographs to emerge from the crowded camp that has become a focal point of the Biden administration’s struggles to absorb thousands of […]
- Atl Suspect’s Fixation on Sex Is Familiar Thorn for Evangelicals
“Sex addiction” is not an established psychiatric diagnosis, and there is a debate in the mental health community about how to define and treat compulsive sexual behavior. “There’s no evidence-based treatment for sex addiction,” said Joshua Grubbs, an assistant professor of psychology at Bowling Green State University and a clinical psychologist. Evangelical sex addiction treatment […]
- Tom Cotton Mocks Social Justice Warriors at New York Times in CPAC Speech
Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) on Friday mocked “social justice warriors” at the New York Times and their “meltdown” this summer over his op-ed in the paper calling for troops to restore order during the rioting at the time. Speaking on the first day of the Conservative Political Action Committee (CPAC) in Orlando, Florida, Cotton recalled how hundreds […]
- Congress Clears 2-Day Spending Extension to Finalize Stimulus Deal
Negotiators worked into Friday night to put the finishing touches on key details of the stimulus compromise, continuing negotiations on how long unemployment benefits should last, how to distribute federal relief for small businesses and the extension of a federal eviction moratorium. The plan was expected to revive the Paycheck Protection Program, a loan program […]
- SACRAMENTO Unemployment Scam Using Inmates Names Costing California Hundreds of Millions
SACRAMENTO — A rash of fraudulent pandemic unemployment claims filed under the names of jail and prison inmates, including more than 100 on death row, has bilked California out of hundreds of millions of dollars, a law enforcement task force said Tuesday. In a letter to Gov. Gavin Newsom, the task force, led by district […]
- Politics, Science and the Remarkable Race for a Corona Vaccine
WASHINGTON — The call was tense, the message discouraging. Moncef Slaoui, the head of the Trump administration’s effort to quickly produce a vaccine for the coronavirus, was on the phone at 6 p.m. on Aug. 25 to tell the upstart biotech firm Moderna that it had to slow the final stage of testing its vaccine […]
- Newsom Do as I Say, Not as I Dine Coronavirus Message
SAN FRANCISCO — It was an intimate meal in a wood-paneled, private dining room in one of California’s most exclusive restaurants. No one around the table wore masks, not the lobbyists, not even the governor. [Sign up for California Today, our daily newsletter from the Golden State.] Photos that surfaced this week of a dinner […]
- Donald Trump Shreds ‘Fake News Media’ in Series of Videos: ‘Not Reporting with Credibility Has Its Consequences’
Former President Donald Trump shredded the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN, and MSNBC as “fake news media” in a series of videos shared to his Truth Social account and his campaign’s war room Twitter account on Wednesday. “The fake news media like CNN, MSDNC – which is sometimes referred to as MSNBC –the […]
- Media Ignore Physical Attack on Republican Gen. Don Bolduc
The establishment media have ignored the physical attack against Republican New Hampshire candidate Gen. Don Bolduc. The three top establishment newspapers, the New York Times, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times, all failed to report the physical attack on Gen. Bolduc that occurred moments before Wednesday’s debate with Democrat Maggie Hassan (D-NH). The media’s decision […]
- Sex Offender Thanks Ketanji Brown Jackson for Three-Month Prison Sentence: ‘She Knew This Was Going to Hold Me Back … So She Didn’t Really Want to Add on to That’
The registered sex offender who was given three months in prison by Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, nominated for the Supreme Court by President Joe Biden, is speaking out and seemingly thanking the judge for her lenient sentence in his case. In 2013, Jackson sentenced then-19-year-old Wesley Hawkins to three months in prison, three months of […]
- 15 Media Personalities Claimed Hunter’s Laptop Emails Were Likely Russian Propaganda Before New York Times Admitted
Fifteen establishment media personalities claimed Hunter Biden’s laptop emails were likely Russian propaganda before the New York Times admitted it Wednesday. After nearly two years of dismissing Hunter’s tantalizing emails uncovered before the 2020 presidential election, the Times admitted the laptop was authentic, in direct contradiction of many in the Democrat-allied media. The media personalities seemingly went […]
- Covington Teen Nicholas Sandmann Settles $275 Million Defamation Lawsuit with NBC
Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann announced Friday that he settled a $275 million defamation lawsuit against NBC. Neither party publicized the terms of the settlement. However, Sandmann asked for $275 million in damages in his lawsuit against NBC Universal and MSNBC. “At this time I would like to release that NBC and I […]
- Washington Post Columnist Calls on CNN to Correct Its Dossier Reporting — After WaPo Corrects Its Own
A Washington Post columnist criticized CNN for not correcting its reporting that the dossier put together by Fusion GPS and ex-British spy Christopher Steele — which claimed the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia — was “corroborated.” The paper’s media critic, Erik Wemple, wrote Friday that CNN hosts and reporters had long-claimed the Steele dossier had […]
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’
The Washington Post, the leftist legacy media outlet whose motto is “Democracy Dies in Darkness,” admitted to publishing fake news about the public’s discontent with floundering President Joe Biden. During a September speech by Donald Trump Jr. in Georgia, the crowd broke into a “F*ck Joe Biden” chant at the prompting of the former president’s […]
Pope Francis hospitalized for a respiratory infection, Vatican spokesperson says - CNNMarch 29, 2023
Pamela Smart, Who Inspired 'To Die For,' Is Denied Parole Bid - The New York TimesMarch 29, 2023
Heavy police presence outside Cannon Falls residence, shelter in place issued due to "possible armed suspect" - CBS NewsMarch 29, 2023
Lake Mead Remains Belong to Man Who Drowned in the '70s, Authorities Say - The New York TimesMarch 29, 2023
Police across Pittsburgh area respond to 'computer-generated swatting calls' falsely claiming active shooters at schools - CBS PittsburghMarch 29, 2023
Senate votes to repeal Iraq War authorization - NPRMarch 29, 2023
Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 5 - AppleMarch 29, 2023
New York grand jury probing Trump not expected to hear evidence for a month, reports say - CNBCMarch 29, 2023
Glynn County police say investigation into house party incident that left teen in ICU continues; no charges yet - WJXT News4JAXMarch 29, 2023
Future of New York’s Housing Crisis Is Being Decided in the Suburbs - The New York TimesMarch 29, 2023
Rain, ice, snow, thunder Friday; southern Minnesota may see severe weather - MPR NewsMarch 29, 2023
Drone video captures 33 swimmers in Hawaii harassing dolphins, authorities say - Fox NewsMarch 29, 2023
Biden: World 'turning the tide' after backslide on democracy - ABC NewsMarch 29, 2023
Idaho bill would ban 'abortion trafficking' for minors traveling for procedure - The Washington PostMarch 29, 2023
Nashville cops who shot Audrey Hale are Marine vet and 'precision policeman' - New York PostMarch 29, 2023