Anthem-Kneeler Megan Rapinoe to Receive Presidential Medal of Freedom
July 2, 2022 3:53 pm
Tags: anthem-kneeler, biden, Breitbart, freedom, joe, Joe Biden, joshwho, Justice, medal, megan, Megan Rapinoe, national, News, Politics, presidential, Presidential Medal of Freedom, rapinoe, receive, social, Social Justice, Sports, team, U.S., U.S. Women's National Team, USWNT, women’s
Categories: Breitbart News Joe Biden JoshWho News Megan Rapinoe Politics Presidential Medal of Freedom Social Justice Sports U.S. Women's National Team USWNT
Megan Rapinoe, anthem kneeler and outspoken advocate of almost every left-wing cause, is set to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Joe Biden.
The announcement came Friday that Rapinoe, a captain on the U.S. Women’s National Team (USWNT), and 16 others had been selected to receive the nation’s highest civilian honor.
While the USWNT has reigned as one of the top women’s teams in the world during Rapinoe’s time on the roster, the decision to award her with such an honor most likely stems from Rapinoe’s relentless advocacy of liberal causes. Most recently, the USWNT vet made waves by blasting men for remaining “silent” after the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.
“You’ve been silent to us, as a whole,” she said, “Stand up, say something. This is your wife, this is your sister, this is your friend, this is your girlfriend, this is the mother of your children. This is all of us. And you are allowing a violent and consistent onslaught on the autonomy of women’s bodies, on women’s rights, on women’s minds, on our hearts, on our souls.”
U.S. Women’s National Team player Megan Rapinoe (Dan Mullan/Getty Images)
Before that, Rapinoe chose leftist activism over the future of women’s sports by arguing for the “100%” inclusion of males identifying as females at all levels of women’s athletics.
“I’m 100% supportive of trans inclusion,” Rapinoe said in an interview with Time.
“I think people also need to understand that sports is not the most important thing in life, right? Life is the most important thing in life. And so much of this trans inclusion argument has been put through the extremely tiny lens of elite sports,” she said. “We’re talking about kids. We’re talking about people’s lives.”
U.S. women’s soccer player Megan Rapinoe (Evan Agostini/Invision/AP)
“Rapinoe, who was at training camp in Denver when the White House called to inform her of the honor, thought she was getting a prank or robocall when she saw her phone say “White House,” U.S. Soccer said in a statement via the Associated Press. “She showed her phone to a teammate, who encouraged her to answer the call.”
Rapinoe made headlines for saying she would refuse a White House visit in 2019 while Donald Trump was president. But, now that someone she agrees with has taken up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, she seems to have changed her tune.
- White House: Elon’s ‘Twitter Files’ On Hunter Laptop Coverup Are ‘Haphazard Distraction’ December 6, 2022
- China’s President To Visit Saudi Arabia This Week December 6, 2022
- Europe Can’t Count On US Shale To Make Up For Russian Crude December 6, 2022
- Tom Cotton Calls for GOP Senators to Filibuster NDAA Until Media Cartel Plan JCPA, Other Extraneous Bills Removed December 6, 2022
- Morris: Multiple Indications FBI, Intelligence Agencies Guided Censorship of the Laptop from Hell December 6, 2022
- Group of 10 GOP Patriots Push Back on McConnell, Democrat Push to Include JCPA in NDAA December 6, 2022
- Troops On Stand-By As UK Prepares For Public Sector Strikes Ahead Of Christmas December 6, 2022
- Supply Disruption From Russia Price Cap Is Here: Tanker Jam Forms Off Turkey December 6, 2022
- Will Berlin’s Debt-Bomb Explode? December 6, 2022
- Putin Drives Mercedes To Closest Point He’s Ever Been To Ukraine Front Lines December 6, 2022
- Reject “Centralist Tyranny”: Polish PM Says Europeans Must Choose Republicanism December 6, 2022
- NASA’s Homeward-Bound Orion Spacecraft Captures Last Stunning Image Of Moon December 5, 2022
- Mapped: Global Energy Prices By Country December 5, 2022
- Victor Davis Hanson: How Corrupt Is A Corrupt Media? December 5, 2022
- Benchmark Diesel’s 17.4-Cent Plunge Comes Amid Broad Market Slide December 5, 2022
- Everything And Everybody Is More Important Than You December 5, 2022
- White House Dismisses Twitter Censoring Stories on Behalf of Joe Biden as ‘Old News’ December 5, 2022
- Global Wages Take A Hit As Inflation Eats Into Paychecks December 5, 2022
- Putin Signs Into Law Sweeping Ban On “LGBT Propaganda” December 5, 2022
- The JCPA Contains a Massive Loophole for China December 5, 2022
- Not Acxiom (unverified) - 51,730,831 breached accounts November 22, 2022In 2020, a corpus of data containing almost a quarter of a billion records spanning over 400 different fields was misattributed to database marketing company Acxiom and subsequently circulated within the hacking community. On review, Acxiom concluded that "the claims are indeed false and that the data, which has been readily available across multiple environments, […]
- GGCorp - 2,376,330 breached accounts November 8, 2022In August 2022, the MMORPG website GGCorp suffered a data breach that exposed almost 2.4M unique email addresses. The data also included IP addresses, usernames and MD5 password hashes.
- Lolzteam - 398,011 breached accounts November 6, 2022In May 2018, the Russian hacking forum Lolzteam suffered a data breach that exposed 400k members. The impacted data included usernames and email addresses which were later redistributed via another hacking forum. The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested it be attributed to "ZAN @ BF".
- Doomworld - 34,478 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the Doomworld fourm suffered a data breach that exposed 34k member records. The data included email and IP addresses, usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- E-Pal - 108,887 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the service dedicated to finding friends on Discord known as E-Pal disclosed a data breach. The compromised data included over 100k unique email addresses and usernames spanning approximately 1M orders. The data was subsequently distributed via a popular hacking forum.
- Wakanim - 6,706,951 breached accounts October 6, 2022In August 2022, the European streaming service Wakanim suffered a data breach which was subsequently advertised and sold on a popular hacking forum. The breach exposed 6.7M customer records including email, IP and physical addresses, names and usernames.
- Bhinneka - 1,274,340 breached accounts October 6, 2022In early 2020, the Indonesian consumer electronics website Bhinneka suffered a data breach that exposed almost 1.3M customer records. The data included email and physical addresses, names, genders, dates of birth, phone numbers and salted password hashes.
- TAP Air Portugal - 5,067,990 breached accounts September 23, 2022In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Brand New Tube - 349,627 breached accounts September 8, 2022In August 2022, the streaming website Brand New Tube suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of almost 350k subscribers. The impacted data included email and IP addresses, usernames, genders, passwords stored as unsalted SHA-1 hashes and private messages.
- START - 7,455,386 breached accounts August 30, 2022In August 2022, news broke of an attack against the Russian streaming service "START". The incident led to the exposure of 44M records containing 7.4M unique email addresses. The impacted data also included the subscriber's country and password hash. START subsequently acknowledged the incident in a Telegram post and stated that the data dated back […]