96 Victorians Quarantined at Home After Arriving From Locked-Down Brisbane
January 9, 2021 10:52 pm
Tags: Australia, CCP Virus, COVID-19, quarantine, Queensland, restrictions, victoria, World
Categories: Australia CCP Virus COVID-19 Epoch Times JoshWho News quarantine Queensland restrictions victoria World
Around 100 people arrived in Victoria on Saturday from Brisbane after the Queensland government suddenly imposed a three-day lockdown announced Friday to contain the risk of spreading a highly-infectious UK variant of COVID-19.
It comes as the Victorian government told those in locked-down Greater Brisbane to stay where they are on Friday, while those who had returned from Queensland’s affected areas since Jan. 2 must get tested and self-isolate. Similar messages were circulated by other state and territory authorities as many attempted to rush out of the Brisbane area.
Border restrictions for Victoria were put in place starting midnight Friday. Travellers who arrived on Saturday have been sent home to self-isolate.
“DHHS authorised officers worked with 96 travellers today to facilitate home isolation in line with QLD Health’s decision,” the spokeswoman for Victoria’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) said.
“We’ve taken their details and they’re in home quarantine until Monday night,” she said, adding that they will have to get tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible.
She said that hotel quarantine has been used as a last resort for the last two weeks as the number of people caught up in virus red zones has increased.
There were 6 cases notified to the department in the past 24 hours. This includes 0 locally acquired and 6 in hotel quarantine. There are currently 45 active cases. 23,412 test results were received – thanks, #EveryTestHelpshttps://t.co/lIUrl0ZEco#COVID19VicData pic.twitter.com/VXfCUZIt7T
— VicGovDHHS (@VicGovDHHS) January 9, 2021
Data from the DHHS dashboard as of midday Jan. 10 says 23,412 COVID-19 test results have been received in the last 24 hours, with no locally acquired cases. The six positive infections were registered in the state’s hotel quarantine system.
Around 50 percent of the people at virus testing sites have been returning travellers from Queensland, the spokesperson said, according to the Australian Associated Press.
On Friday, the Queensland government enacted the sudden lockdown in response to one case of the UK strain of the CCP virus.
National Cabinet, after an emergency meeting, declared the areas of Brisbane City, Moreton Bay, Redland, Ipswich, and Logan hotspots, leading all state and territories to place restrictions on anyone coming from Greater Brisbane.
Western Australia has taken the extra step to place reimposed a hard border with Queensland, adding to restrictions on people from Victoria and New South Wales.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison has supported Palaszczuk’s lockdown decision, saying it was a “wise call” to have a brief three-day lockdown.
“A big thanks in advance to everyone in greater Brisbane for their patience in coming days,” he wrote on Twitter on Friday. “This will buy much needed time.”
- White House: Elon’s ‘Twitter Files’ On Hunter Laptop Coverup Are ‘Haphazard Distraction’ December 6, 2022
- China’s President To Visit Saudi Arabia This Week December 6, 2022
- Europe Can’t Count On US Shale To Make Up For Russian Crude December 6, 2022
- Tom Cotton Calls for GOP Senators to Filibuster NDAA Until Media Cartel Plan JCPA, Other Extraneous Bills Removed December 6, 2022
- Morris: Multiple Indications FBI, Intelligence Agencies Guided Censorship of the Laptop from Hell December 6, 2022
- Group of 10 GOP Patriots Push Back on McConnell, Democrat Push to Include JCPA in NDAA December 6, 2022
- Troops On Stand-By As UK Prepares For Public Sector Strikes Ahead Of Christmas December 6, 2022
- Supply Disruption From Russia Price Cap Is Here: Tanker Jam Forms Off Turkey December 6, 2022
- Will Berlin’s Debt-Bomb Explode? December 6, 2022
- Putin Drives Mercedes To Closest Point He’s Ever Been To Ukraine Front Lines December 6, 2022
- Reject “Centralist Tyranny”: Polish PM Says Europeans Must Choose Republicanism December 6, 2022
- NASA’s Homeward-Bound Orion Spacecraft Captures Last Stunning Image Of Moon December 5, 2022
- Mapped: Global Energy Prices By Country December 5, 2022
- Victor Davis Hanson: How Corrupt Is A Corrupt Media? December 5, 2022
- Benchmark Diesel’s 17.4-Cent Plunge Comes Amid Broad Market Slide December 5, 2022
- Everything And Everybody Is More Important Than You December 5, 2022
- White House Dismisses Twitter Censoring Stories on Behalf of Joe Biden as ‘Old News’ December 5, 2022
- Global Wages Take A Hit As Inflation Eats Into Paychecks December 5, 2022
- Putin Signs Into Law Sweeping Ban On “LGBT Propaganda” December 5, 2022
- The JCPA Contains a Massive Loophole for China December 5, 2022
- Not Acxiom (unverified) - 51,730,831 breached accounts November 22, 2022In 2020, a corpus of data containing almost a quarter of a billion records spanning over 400 different fields was misattributed to database marketing company Acxiom and subsequently circulated within the hacking community. On review, Acxiom concluded that "the claims are indeed false and that the data, which has been readily available across multiple environments, […]
- GGCorp - 2,376,330 breached accounts November 8, 2022In August 2022, the MMORPG website GGCorp suffered a data breach that exposed almost 2.4M unique email addresses. The data also included IP addresses, usernames and MD5 password hashes.
- Lolzteam - 398,011 breached accounts November 6, 2022In May 2018, the Russian hacking forum Lolzteam suffered a data breach that exposed 400k members. The impacted data included usernames and email addresses which were later redistributed via another hacking forum. The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested it be attributed to "ZAN @ BF".
- Doomworld - 34,478 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the Doomworld fourm suffered a data breach that exposed 34k member records. The data included email and IP addresses, usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- E-Pal - 108,887 breached accounts October 24, 2022In October 2022, the service dedicated to finding friends on Discord known as E-Pal disclosed a data breach. The compromised data included over 100k unique email addresses and usernames spanning approximately 1M orders. The data was subsequently distributed via a popular hacking forum.
- Wakanim - 6,706,951 breached accounts October 6, 2022In August 2022, the European streaming service Wakanim suffered a data breach which was subsequently advertised and sold on a popular hacking forum. The breach exposed 6.7M customer records including email, IP and physical addresses, names and usernames.
- Bhinneka - 1,274,340 breached accounts October 6, 2022In early 2020, the Indonesian consumer electronics website Bhinneka suffered a data breach that exposed almost 1.3M customer records. The data included email and physical addresses, names, genders, dates of birth, phone numbers and salted password hashes.
- TAP Air Portugal - 5,067,990 breached accounts September 23, 2022In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
- Brand New Tube - 349,627 breached accounts September 8, 2022In August 2022, the streaming website Brand New Tube suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of almost 350k subscribers. The impacted data included email and IP addresses, usernames, genders, passwords stored as unsalted SHA-1 hashes and private messages.
- START - 7,455,386 breached accounts August 30, 2022In August 2022, news broke of an attack against the Russian streaming service "START". The incident led to the exposure of 44M records containing 7.4M unique email addresses. The impacted data also included the subscriber's country and password hash. START subsequently acknowledged the incident in a Telegram post and stated that the data dated back […]