368 Arrested, 131 Rescued In California Sex Trafficking Operation
February 3, 2023 7:30 pm
Tags: 131, 368, arrested, California, joshwho, Media, News, operation, rescued, sex, trafficking, ZeroHedge
Categories: JoshWho News news media US News ZeroHedge
Authored by Jack Bradley via The Epoch Times (emphasis ours),
Authorities arrested 368 people and rescued 131 victims involved in human trafficking in a weeklong statewide multi-agency task force, announced Feb. 1.
“We know that the sex trade is a prolific one that exists throughout this state and throughout our nation,” said Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Chief Michel Moore . “It’s an ugly scar against this great country that exists too oftentimes in plain sight.”
Operation Reclaim and Rebuild was conducted between Jan. 22 and Jan. 28 in nine counties, including Los Angeles, Orange, and San Bernardino, Moore said at a news conference at the department’s Elysian Park Academy.
Numerous federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies were involved in the effort, including the LAPD, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, and the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.
The victims’ ages ranged from 13 to 52, including six children, and the average age was the mid-20s, Moore said.
Investigators worked with victim advocacy groups in providing services and resources “to help [victims] escape from this life-threatening environment,” he said.
Investigators responded to various advertisements offering sexual services and went to massage parlors suspected of being involved in trafficking. Among the arrestees were pimps and panderers, along with customers of such services, Moore said.
The victims are being exploited by “threat of death” or coercion, or threats against their family, while some are kidnapped and isolated from their former support to become dependent on the trafficker, according to Moore.
Moore noted that “in the old days,” the victims of human traffickers were often regarded by law enforcement as criminals, but a more modern attitude is to regard them as having been exploited by criminals—many of them having been kidnapped and held against their will.
Authorities stressed that the seven-day task force is only a part of law enforcement agencies’ everyday effort to combat sex trafficking.
Victims are sometimes brought in from other states or countries, said David Cox, COO for ZOE International, a Los Angeles-based nonprofit that helps victims recover once rescued locally and internationally.
Cox said his organization, partnering with a similar Los Angeles-based nonprofit Saving Innocents, has cared for 489 youth victims of sex trafficking this past year, with some as young as 11.
“In our city, kids are being raped 20 to 30 times a day,” he said.
Journey Out, another LA-based nonproft combating human trafficking, cared for 256 adult victims last year, Cox said.
He said sex trade is a violent industry, as some of these victims have been pistol-whipped, jumped out of moving vehicles to escape, chased down and beaten, gone missing, or lost their lives.
“Traffickers are master predators. They’re on the hunt for vulnerable kids and adults,” he said.
City News Service contributed to this report.
- Oregon Teacher Caught Asking Students To Describe Their Sexual Fantasies In Short Stories March 20, 2023
- EU Contagion Risk Spreads As CDS Market Puts Focus On Deutsche Bank March 20, 2023
- “That’s Not True”: President Biden Moves Toward The Evil Twin Family Defense March 20, 2023
- Bed, Bath And Beyond Bludgeoned Below A Buck, But Still Not Bankrupt March 20, 2023
- Xi Arrives In Moscow As Putin Says Both Facing “Fierce & Aggressive” United States March 20, 2023
- 85% Of Trump Supporters Think Protesting Against Arrest Is A Jan6-Style Trap March 20, 2023
- Populist Win: New Anti-Globalist Farmers Wins Even More Dutch Senators Than Expected, Are Largest Party March 20, 2023
- Gold Prices Reflect A Shift In Paradigm, Part 2 March 20, 2023
- Saudi King Invites Iranian President To Visit For 1st Time In 25 Years March 20, 2023
- Mayorkas Says Biden’s New Border Rules Leave Many Open Gaps March 20, 2023
- Democrats Worried Failed Stacey Abrams May Run for Office Again March 20, 2023
- A Bridge Between East And West: This New Rail Connection Is Crucial For Eurasia March 20, 2023
- What Follows US Hegemony March 19, 2023
- Best Used Cars Under $15,000 For Those Who Cannot Afford New March 19, 2023
- Biden DOJ Asks Supreme Court To Fast-Track Case That Could Reinstate Federal Gun Ban March 19, 2023
- Mike Wilson: “Why On Earth Did US Stocks Rally Last Week?” March 19, 2023
- Musk Blasts Biden After Prez Lies Twice About ‘3% Billionaire Tax’ March 19, 2023
- The Longer It Takes The Fed To “Go Big”, The Deeper The Damage Will Be, And The Bigger The “Big” Will Be March 19, 2023
- ‘Occupy Wall Street’ Redux March 19, 2023
- Leftist Parents Flee Florida As Gender Treatments For Children Made Illegal March 19, 2023
JoshWho TV News
- Nothing to display Yet Coming Soon...
Latest Hacked Sites
- Shopper+ - 878,290 breached accounts March 11, 2023In March 2023, "Canada's online shopping mall" Shopper+ disclosed a data breach discovered on a public hacking forum. The breach dated back to September 2020 and included 878k customer records with email and physical addresses, names, phone numbers and in some cases, genders and dates of birth.
- HDB Financial Services - 1,658,750 breached accounts March 11, 2023In March 2023, the Indian non-bank lending unit HDB Financial Services suffered a data breach that disclosed over 70M customer records. Containing 1.6M unique email addresses, the breach also disclosed names, dates of birth, phone numbers, genders, post codes and loan information belonging to the customers.
- Eye4Fraud - 16,000,591 breached accounts March 6, 2023In February 2023, data alleged to have been taken from the fraud protection service Eye4Fraud was listed for sale on a popular hacking forum. Spanning tens of millions of rows with 16M unique email addresses, the data was spread across 147 tables totalling 65GB and included both direct users of the service and what appears […]
- iD Tech - 415,121 breached accounts March 6, 2023In February 2023, the tech camps for kids service iD Tech had almost 1M records posted to a popular hacking forum. The data included 415k unique email addresses, names, dates of birth and plain text passwords which appear to have been breached in the previous month. iD Tech did not respond to multiple attempts to […]
- LBB - 39,288 breached accounts March 5, 2023In August 2022, customer data of the Indian shopping site "LBB" (Little Black Book) was posted to a popular hacking forum. The data contained over 3M records with 39k unique email addresses alongside IP and physical addresses, names and device information with the most recent data dating back to early 2019. LBB advised they believe […]
- GunAuction.com - 565,470 breached accounts March 2, 2023In December 2022, the online firearms auction website GunAuction.com suffered a data breach which was later discovered left unprotected on the hacker's server. The data included over 565k user records with extensive personal data including email, IP and physical addresses, names, phone numbers, genders, years of birth, credit card type and passwords stored in plain […]
- Convex - 150,129 breached accounts February 26, 2023In February 2023, the Russian telecommunications provider Convex was hacked by "Anonymous" who subsequently released 128GB of data publicly, alleging it revealed illegal government surveillance. The leaked data contained 150k unique email, IP and physical addresses, names and phone numbers.
- RealDudesInc - 101,543 breached accounts February 19, 2023In October 2022, the GTA mod menu provider RealDudesInc suffered a data breach that exposed over 100k email addresses (many of which are temporary guest account addresses). The breach also included usernames and bcrypt password hashes.
- Weee - 1,117,405 breached accounts February 8, 2023In February 2023, data belonging to the Asian and Hispanic food delivery service Weee appeared on a popular hacking forum. Dating back to mid-2022, the data included 1.1M unique email addresses from 11M rows of orders containing names, phone numbers and delivery instructions.
- LimeVPN - 23,348 breached accounts February 6, 2023In October 2020, the VPN provider LimeVPN suffered a data breach that exposed the personal information of tens of thousands of customers. The data included email, IP and physical addresses, names, phone numbers, purchase histories and passwords stored as salted MD5 hashes.
The Daily Caller
Here Are The 14 States Moving To Prohibit Sexually Explicit Drag Shows For MinorsMarch 20, 2023'Absolutely inappropriate'
Biden Sides With Republicans, Blocks DC’s New Crime LawMarch 20, 2023'He's putting the safety of the people of D.C. first'
Amazon To Slash Another 9,000 JobsMarch 20, 2023'We have chosen to be more streamlined'
Biden Signs Bipartisan Bill To Declassify Intel On Origins Of COVID-19March 20, 2023'Releasing as much information as possible'
Trump Goes After DeSantis’ Sexuality In Latest Attack On 2024 RivalMarch 20, 2023The 45th president hit back at his potential 2024 rival on Truth Social
MMA star, 27, dies from injuries suffered in Italy motorcycle crashMarch 20, 2023Iuri Lapicus, a MMA fighter who competed in ONE Championship, died from injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash in Italy on Friday
King Charles can't ignore 'Not My King' protestors, experts say: 'The crown has been dented and tarnished'March 20, 2023Charles became king in September 2022 following the death of his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, who reigned for more than 70 years. He will be crowned on May 6th.
Heidi Klum poses braless in sheer top just months before 50th birthdayMarch 20, 2023Heidi Klum posed braless for the cover of Vogue Greece as she discussed ageing in the modeling industry. Klum will turn 50 in June.
Putin and Xi finish first round of talks in Moscow as Blinken hits China's proposed peace plan for UkraineMarch 20, 2023Russian President Vladimir Putin met with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping in Moscow for about four and a half hours on Sunday, according to Russian state media reports.
Reddit user asks if he was wrong to demand his ‘conservative’ father respect his new stepson’s pronounsMarch 20, 2023A Reddit user took to the social media platform to ask the community if he was wrong to demand that his father conform to his new stepson's gender pronouns. The father wouldn't back down, leaving them at odds.
St John's names Rick Pitino as head coach days after losing with Iona in March MadnessMarch 20, 2023Days after falling to UConn while the head coach for Iona, Rick Pitino has been named the next head coach of St. John's University on Monday.
‘Wild Things’ stars Kevin Bacon and Matt Dillon's sex scene was cut, director reveals whyMarch 20, 2023The director of "Wild Things" shared several behind the scenes secrets about the movie starring Kevin Bacon, Matt Dillon, Neve Campbell and Denise Richards.
2 Illinois teens die after sledding accident at Colorado ski resortMarch 20, 2023Two Illinois teenagers died after a sledding accident at a Colorado ski resort. The teenagers were on spring break when they launched off a large snowbank at the bottom.
Macron's government beats 2 no-confidence votes in French parliamentMarch 20, 2023The French government on Monday survived two no-confidence votes in the National Assembly as tensions continue flaring over centrist President Emmanuel Macron's pension reform plan.
New Arizona hotline sees few complaints about race-based lessonsMarch 20, 2023A new Arizona hotline has seen few complaints about race-based lessons, and has warranted an investigation. The Arizona Empower Hotline has been open since March 7.
EU, donors pledge $7.5B to Turkish, Syrian earthquake reliefMarch 20, 2023The European Union and international donors pledged Monday to donate $7.5 billion in relief money to earthquake-stricken Turkey and Syria.
Louisiana works out deal for family to keep pet nutriaMarch 20, 2023Louisiana officals worked out a deal for a family to keep a pet nutria in their home. The family is now allowed to apply for a permit to legally keep the nutria as a household pet.
Florida 's Burmese python population explodes, and USGS says it's 'likely impossible' to eradicate themMarch 20, 2023The U.S. Geological Survey released a paper on the Burmese python population in Florida, saying eradication of the snakes is likely impossible.
GOP lawmakers say they're 'getting to the truth' about Biden family payments from China: 'Reeks of corruption'March 20, 2023Rep. Elise Stefanik said the House investigation is "not political" and maintained that Republican lawmakers are seeking accountability and transparency.
Arizona man accused of assaulting woman at Phoenix airport: 'Do you want to die today?'March 20, 2023An Arizona man allegedly attacked a woman at a Phoenix airport over the weekend, authorities said.
- Inside the Tent Camp Housing Thousands of Migrant Children – ‘No Place for a Child’
Migrant children and families are sleeping shoulder to shoulder on mats in a Texas border facility designed for 250 people that is now holding more than 4,100, according to some of the first photographs to emerge from the crowded camp that has become a focal point of the Biden administration’s struggles to absorb thousands of […]
- Atl Suspect’s Fixation on Sex Is Familiar Thorn for Evangelicals
“Sex addiction” is not an established psychiatric diagnosis, and there is a debate in the mental health community about how to define and treat compulsive sexual behavior. “There’s no evidence-based treatment for sex addiction,” said Joshua Grubbs, an assistant professor of psychology at Bowling Green State University and a clinical psychologist. Evangelical sex addiction treatment […]
- Tom Cotton Mocks Social Justice Warriors at New York Times in CPAC Speech
Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) on Friday mocked “social justice warriors” at the New York Times and their “meltdown” this summer over his op-ed in the paper calling for troops to restore order during the rioting at the time. Speaking on the first day of the Conservative Political Action Committee (CPAC) in Orlando, Florida, Cotton recalled how hundreds […]
- Congress Clears 2-Day Spending Extension to Finalize Stimulus Deal
Negotiators worked into Friday night to put the finishing touches on key details of the stimulus compromise, continuing negotiations on how long unemployment benefits should last, how to distribute federal relief for small businesses and the extension of a federal eviction moratorium. The plan was expected to revive the Paycheck Protection Program, a loan program […]
- SACRAMENTO Unemployment Scam Using Inmates Names Costing California Hundreds of Millions
SACRAMENTO — A rash of fraudulent pandemic unemployment claims filed under the names of jail and prison inmates, including more than 100 on death row, has bilked California out of hundreds of millions of dollars, a law enforcement task force said Tuesday. In a letter to Gov. Gavin Newsom, the task force, led by district […]
- Politics, Science and the Remarkable Race for a Corona Vaccine
WASHINGTON — The call was tense, the message discouraging. Moncef Slaoui, the head of the Trump administration’s effort to quickly produce a vaccine for the coronavirus, was on the phone at 6 p.m. on Aug. 25 to tell the upstart biotech firm Moderna that it had to slow the final stage of testing its vaccine […]
- Newsom Do as I Say, Not as I Dine Coronavirus Message
SAN FRANCISCO — It was an intimate meal in a wood-paneled, private dining room in one of California’s most exclusive restaurants. No one around the table wore masks, not the lobbyists, not even the governor. [Sign up for California Today, our daily newsletter from the Golden State.] Photos that surfaced this week of a dinner […]
- Donald Trump Shreds ‘Fake News Media’ in Series of Videos: ‘Not Reporting with Credibility Has Its Consequences’
Former President Donald Trump shredded the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN, and MSNBC as “fake news media” in a series of videos shared to his Truth Social account and his campaign’s war room Twitter account on Wednesday. “The fake news media like CNN, MSDNC – which is sometimes referred to as MSNBC –the […]
- Media Ignore Physical Attack on Republican Gen. Don Bolduc
The establishment media have ignored the physical attack against Republican New Hampshire candidate Gen. Don Bolduc. The three top establishment newspapers, the New York Times, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times, all failed to report the physical attack on Gen. Bolduc that occurred moments before Wednesday’s debate with Democrat Maggie Hassan (D-NH). The media’s decision […]
- Sex Offender Thanks Ketanji Brown Jackson for Three-Month Prison Sentence: ‘She Knew This Was Going to Hold Me Back … So She Didn’t Really Want to Add on to That’
The registered sex offender who was given three months in prison by Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, nominated for the Supreme Court by President Joe Biden, is speaking out and seemingly thanking the judge for her lenient sentence in his case. In 2013, Jackson sentenced then-19-year-old Wesley Hawkins to three months in prison, three months of […]
- 15 Media Personalities Claimed Hunter’s Laptop Emails Were Likely Russian Propaganda Before New York Times Admitted
Fifteen establishment media personalities claimed Hunter Biden’s laptop emails were likely Russian propaganda before the New York Times admitted it Wednesday. After nearly two years of dismissing Hunter’s tantalizing emails uncovered before the 2020 presidential election, the Times admitted the laptop was authentic, in direct contradiction of many in the Democrat-allied media. The media personalities seemingly went […]
- Covington Teen Nicholas Sandmann Settles $275 Million Defamation Lawsuit with NBC
Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann announced Friday that he settled a $275 million defamation lawsuit against NBC. Neither party publicized the terms of the settlement. However, Sandmann asked for $275 million in damages in his lawsuit against NBC Universal and MSNBC. “At this time I would like to release that NBC and I […]
- Washington Post Columnist Calls on CNN to Correct Its Dossier Reporting — After WaPo Corrects Its Own
A Washington Post columnist criticized CNN for not correcting its reporting that the dossier put together by Fusion GPS and ex-British spy Christopher Steele — which claimed the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia — was “corroborated.” The paper’s media critic, Erik Wemple, wrote Friday that CNN hosts and reporters had long-claimed the Steele dossier had […]
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’
The Washington Post, the leftist legacy media outlet whose motto is “Democracy Dies in Darkness,” admitted to publishing fake news about the public’s discontent with floundering President Joe Biden. During a September speech by Donald Trump Jr. in Georgia, the crowd broke into a “F*ck Joe Biden” chant at the prompting of the former president’s […]
DeSantis needles Trump as he breaks silence on hush money case - CNNMarch 20, 2023
Trump’s Georgia Lawyers Seek to Quash Special Grand Jury Report - The New York TimesMarch 20, 2023
NYC prepared for any protests related to potential Trump indictment, mayor says - ABC NewsMarch 20, 2023
Biden to award 2021 National Humanities medals and National Medal of the Arts at White House ceremony - CNNMarch 20, 2023
Wachusett Mountain skier dies after crashing into tree, another hurt in unrelated incident - CBS BostonMarch 20, 2023
Cuban catcher Ivan Prieto Gonzalez defects from home country in Miami following World Baseball Classic - CBS SportsMarch 20, 2023
With possible indictment looming, Trump dominates House Republican retreat - NBC NewsMarch 20, 2023
France's government survives no-confidence votes and controversial pension reforms will move ahead - CNNMarch 20, 2023
First Republic Bank shares sink to another record low, but stock markets are calmer - NPRMarch 20, 2023
Student athlete urges Supreme Court to keep West Virginia's anti-trans sports ban on hold - CNNMarch 20, 2023
Four Convicted of Obstruction on Jan. 6 in Final Oath Keepers Trial - The New York TimesMarch 20, 2023
Jury convicts three in 2018 murder of rapper XXXTentacion - CNNMarch 20, 2023
LAUSD strike: Walkout looms as SEIU looking for higher wages, district loses round in legal battle to stop it - KABC-TVMarch 20, 2023
China's Xi visits Moscow; Russia cites 'monstrous consequences' of Putin arrest warrant: Ukraine live updates - USA TODAYMarch 20, 2023
Philadelphia to Pay $9.25 Million to Settle Suit by George Floyd Protesters - The New York TimesMarch 20, 2023